mood/music/effects/bands

yaff2

i want to know, how your mood effect you music likes.

Does your mood effect what kind of music you listen to? and ifso, what mood makes you listen to what genre/ Instruments/ Vocals

Fill this out.

[b]what kind of music do you listen to?[/b]

When im ______ I listen to:

[b]Happy[/b]

[b]Mad[/b]

[b]Sad[/b]

[b]Bored[/b]

[b]What bands [/b]

what kind of music do you listen to? Metal, Death Metal, tec. Death metal, Grindcore, Speed Metal, Metalcore, Heavy Metal, And some Classic Rock.

Happy - anything insane fast, with a screamer for vocals, maybe a growl

Mad - medium pace with a deep growl/pig squeal. (sometimes insane fast, with a scream)

Sad - something with medium instruments, with a very powerful vocalist. who puts alot of emotion into his lyrics.

Bored - i listen to something, slow(er) pace, with either a light scream, or actual singing. although sometimes, to try and not be bored, something insane fast with insane vox

What bands - The Black Dahlia Murder, Dying Fetus, Arch Enemy, Dragonforce, Skinless, Cannibal Corpse, Job For a Cowboy, Behemoth, Norther, Heaven Shall Burn, Nother, Wecamewithbrokenteeth, QUEEN!

Thanks for your time :)

sotwbar7.png

sig-1.png

1980 Berlinetta with a 350, bored, mild cam, intake carb, headers, exhaust

what kind of music do you listen to? Punk, Grindcore, Hardcore, Emo, Rap.

Happy - Usually something upbeat with good solo's. Something like RATM

Mad - GRIND!!!

Sad - Emo punk, not like My Chem and Good Charolette, but like Turning Point, Embrace, and Rites of spring.

Bored - Usually rap. I love rapping with the music when im bored.

What bands - AFI, Rage Against the Machine, Turning Point, Unholy Grave, Insect Warfare, NWA, Compton's Most Wanted, Napalm Death, Job For a Cowboy, Limp Wrist, Loser Life, Nightstick Justice.

111-1.jpg

what kind of music do you listen to? Metal, techno, classic rock, punk rock.

Happy Maybe some ska, or blazing power metal. Really just whatevers playing as long as I can sing along to the stuff. Maybe some techno too, always fun.

Mad Black metal, without a doubt. Just something good, dark and violent. Usually I'll switch it over to something with some kick-[wagon] solos to cool me off though.

Sad Sometimes doom metal, but I've been known to just listen to some drone too. It allows me to kind of sit there and think. Sometimes I'll listen to something like Burzum, just kind of slow grinding black metal.

Bored Usually punk rock, or songs that I don't have to pay much attention to. Shorter songs are a must, no 24 minute epics for me there lol.

What bands Dream theater, bad religion, Angra, Animus, Sun O)), Agalloch, edguy (old), Less than jake, Behemoth, Tiga, DJ (enter whatever here), Burzum...

List goes on for a bit.

What kind of music do you listen to? - Technical Death metal, Melodic Death metal, Symphonic metal, Power metal, Progressive metal, Speed/Shred metal Thrash metal, and some Hard rock.

Happy - When I'm happy I usually listen to Symphonic/Power metal, Melodic Death metal, and perhaps some Speed/Shred/Thrash metal.

Mad - I'll usually listen to fast-paced Technical or Blackened Death metal, and I'll also listen to Black metal whenever I'm in the mood.

Sad - Progressive metal and particular Symphonic metal bands.

Bored - Speed/Shred metal, or I'll listen to a mixture of different genres/styles.

What bands - Angra, Children of Bodom, Kamelot, Rhapsody of Fire, Freedom Call, Norther, Kalmah, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Dark Tranquillity, At The Gates, Burzum, Blind Guardian, Sonata Arctica, Cryptopsy, Finntroll, Ensiferum, Morbid Angel, Necrophagist, Opeth, Symphony X, Racer X, In Flames (old material), Stratovarius, The Haunted, Wintersun, Sinergy, Hypocrisy, and many more.

what kind of music do you listen to? I enjoy almost all forms of music, however most of the albums I own are in band contexts (as in no DJ stuff) although I occasionally taken with some techno or dance music.

When im ______ I listen to:

Happy Gorgol Bordello, The Beatles, Tool, Jazz (Duke Ellington, Weather Report + Jaco Pastorious Solo work, Pat Methany), Reel Big Fish.

Mad Metal - Emperor, Arch Enemy, Amon Amarth, Behemoth, In Flames, Machine Head, Slipknot, Symphony X

Sad Blues - Seasick Steve, Disney Soundtracks. Rock - Foo Fighters, Led Zeppelin, Muse, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Wishbone Ash.

Bored Normally learn to play anything above on my guitar/ write something.

What bands Dream Theater (they have songs that cover a lot of emotions for me), Arch Enemy, Machine Head, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Lamb of God, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, Final Fantasy Game Music, Snow Patrol, Opeth, Queen... I think those are the major ones.

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

What kind of music do you listen to? Death Metal, Hard Rock, Power Metal, Thrash Metal, Metalcore, Hardcore, Shock Rock.

Happy: Anything that gets me pumped. Usually Thrash Metal.

Mad: Death Metal. I just put it on, and just go into myself and ignore eveyrthing else.

Sad: More Death Metal. Usually some slower stuff though.

Bored: Anything. Mostly Thrash Metal. Gets me pumped.

What bands: Marilyn Manson, GWAR, Slipknot, Shadows Fall, Mehsuggah, Haste the Day, Unearth, Chthonic, As I Lay Dying, Living Sacrifice, Stone Sour, Staind, Killswitch Engage, and more that I don't feel like listing. :P

Harmonicdoom.png

what kind of music do you listen to? Classic rock, some hip hop, and a little teeny tiny bit of reggae. and metal.

Happy: pretty much anything as long as it isn't slow and too mellow.

Mad The Doobie Brothers

Sad Tenacious D

Bored Anything

What bands Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Motorhead, Iron Maiden, The Doors, The Beatles, Aerosmit, Bad Company, Common, Talib Kweli, Jimi Hendrix, Mos Def, Ozzy Osbourne, RATM, RHCP, Tenacious D, Van Halen, 2Pac, ZZ Top, ACDC, and some others

What kind of music do you listen to: Mainly not-totally-mainstream subgenres of metal, such as metalcore/mathcore (I know it's bordering on mainstream), (funeral) doom metal, black metal, death metal, and folk metal. Then I like electronica, (avant-garde) jazz, classical music from the mid 1800's to the mid 1900's, old country, underground hip-hop, Russian folk music, Indian traditional music, and any world music I can get my hands on, virtuosic and classical guitar music, indie, math, and some alternative rock, and that's all I can think of.

Happy: The only music that doesn't make me happy is music I don't like, or songs that remind me of someone I've lost. I guess I might listen to Of Montreal, Say Hi to Your Mum, Xavier Rudd, or something else poppy. Or sometimes some electronica, like M83 or Ratatat.

Mad: (Technical) Death metal, chaotic mathcore, or something incredibly fast. Nile, Necrophagist, Ion Dissonance, and Vital remains are good examples.

Sad: Some melancholic acoustic, like Death Cab for Cutie, Damien Rice, Arab Strap, or Joshua Radin. Or maybe one of those songs that I mentioned earlier that I connect to people I've lost. Funeral doom is always good as well.

Chill-out (I know it wasn't here initially, but it should of been): Jazz! Avant-garde jazz mainly. But it's all good. Stuff like Oscar Peterson, Ornette Coleman, Pharoah Sanders, or Anthony Braxton.

Bored: Yeah, basically anything. I'm bored a lot.

What bands: Too many to name.

Cool.

I don't really know. I always play on automatic pilot. I only know that when I'm tired that I put on the Nightfly.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

what kind of music do you listen to?

Anything, apart from Mainstream music, I'll listen to music genres from Classical to Screamo, and even a combination of Jazz AND Screamo, that's intense :D .

Happy Electonica! anything with an upbeat tune, and girls singing.

Mad Screamo/Thrash Metal, I can blast this through my speakers for hours and hours, and scream my head off to the lyrics without anyone hearing.

Sad Acoustic, calm & mellow music, I'll normally have a good cry to this genre of music.

Bored I'll spend hours looking through Myspace/Last.Fm music for new bands I've never heard of, and then download them.. O:)

What bands Here is an extensive list from my Myspace..

Hip Hop;

A State of Mind.

MF DOOM.

Abdominal.

Plan B.

DJ Format.

Jurassic 5.

Dizzee Rascal.

Foreign Beggars.

Indie;

The Libertines.

Interpol.

Foo Fighters.

The Bravery.

New Cassettes.

The Wombats.

Paolo Nutini.

The Strokes.

RHCP.

I Was A Cub Scout.

The Von Bondies.

Kings Of Leon.

The Fratellis.

Biffy Clyro.

Bloc Party.

Wolfmother.

Like Lions.

HADOUKEN!

The Whitest Boy Alive.

Razorlight.

Snow Patrol.

Brand New.

Snow Patrol.

The Cribs.

Drum&Bass;

Future Engineers.

Noisia.

Ladytron.

Darude.

Pendulum.

The Prodigy.

DEATH FROM ABOVE 1979.

Evol Intent.

Modified Music.

Acoustic;

8mm.

Sigur Ros.

Jose Gonzalez.

The Weepies.

Damien Rice.

Party Weirdo.

Alternative/Funk/Electronica(happy [cabbage]);

Bobby Baby.

Party Weirdo.

LCD Soundsystem.

DANGER RADIO.

Shiny Toy Guns.

MSI.

Daft Punk.

Rock/SKA;

Paper Cuts.

Linkin Park.

Jimmy Eat World.

Three Days Grace.

Eighteen Visions.

Flogging Molly.

The Specials.

Pleasant Problem.

Gold Finger.

Blink 182.

Screamo;

Enter Shikari.

Hollywood Undead.

The Bronx.

Flood Of Red.

The Birthday Massacre.

BRING ME THE HORIZON.

ARCHITECTS.

SIKTH.

My dA account.

paranoiaao8.jpg

.retired, as of the 1st January 2008.

How can you say that you don't listen to mainstram music and then mention:

Interpol.

Foo Fighters.

Paolo Nutini.

The Strokes.

RHCP.

Kings Of Leon.

The Fratellis.

Biffy Clyro.

Bloc Party.

Wolfmother.

Razorlight.

Snow Patrol.

Damien Rice.

Daft Punk.

I can't follow todays youth anymore. Yesterday I was working and I was playing the new Neil Young album Chrome Dreams II, when I was playing that I had two DIFFERENT groups of 15 year old kids "ooh, the new HIM!! i NEED that so much!! Look at those FALL OUT BOY belts! Amazing!! BTW, what kind of crap are you listening to right now?!"

21o4pav.jpg

How can you say that you don't listen to mainstram music and then mention:

Interpol.

Foo Fighters.

Paolo Nutini.

The Strokes.

RHCP.

Kings Of Leon.

The Fratellis.

Biffy Clyro.

Bloc Party.

Wolfmother.

Razorlight.

Snow Patrol.

Damien Rice.

Daft Punk.

I can't follow todays youth anymore. Yesterday I was working and I was playing the new Neil Young album Chrome Dreams II, when I was playing that I had two DIFFERENT groups of 15 year old kids "ooh, the new HIM!! i NEED that so much!! Look at those FALL OUT BOY belts! Amazing!! BTW, what kind of crap are you listening to right now?!"

Perhaps Mainstream was the wrong word..

I should have used 'Pop'..

My dA account.

paranoiaao8.jpg

.retired, as of the 1st January 2008.

'pop' that sums up your entire list. I wonder why it is that people don't want to believe that they are listening to pop-music.

21o4pav.jpg

what kind of music do you listen to? God, all sorts. Rock, dance, electronic, pop, alternative, acoustic, funk, jazz, reggae, classical. Mostly rock though.

I'll listen to a lot of stuff in a lot of moods, so i'll add a few songs from a few playlists that i've got.

Happy - Beautiful Day - U2, Bittersweet Symphony - The Verve, Breakdown - Jack Johnson, Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison, Conventional Wisdom - Built to Spill, Double Dutch - Malcolm McLaren, Dream Catch Me - Newton Faulkner

Mad Bad Horsie - Steve Vai, Tarantula - Smashing Pumpkins, [Makin' Love] In the Bushes - Oasis, Driving South - Stone Roses, anything by Mogwai or Tool, Gimmi Shelter - The Rolling Stones

Sad Any Jeff Buckley, Eva Cassidy - Over the Rainbow or Fields of Gold, Johnny Cash - Hurt, Elusive - Scott Matthews, any Jose Gonzalez.

What bands Too many to list.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Of course I can't do that. It's hard to describe what it exactly is. But it's been bothering me for a while that when you hear people talk about pop-music they often act like it is something bad, they always talk about Britney Spears when it is said that pop-music is bad. And then I wonder if people know what they're talking about (Not that I'm all-knowing of course). Pop isn't really a genre of music, it's more a category. Just like Jazz is, or Classical music. Pop music is just about everything that doesn't fall in those other two categories, so it varies from the beatles to the cheeky girls, from Madonna to Joy Division and Paul Simon to Michael Jackson. And within pop-music there are the various genres, just like you have with Jazz and with classical music. Dance music, rap, soul,RnB, rock are a few of those genres. Then you have got all those musicians, who fit in those genres, some combine certain genres, some musicians even combine categories. And within all those musicians there are differences as well; pop-music with a popular sound that appeals to a lot of people, and pop-music with a sound that sounds less appealing to a lot of people. And if you've got pop-music that appeals to a lot of people that doesn't automatically mean that it is bad. And that goes the other way around too. I think that's about it. in a nutshell.

lets get on topic here guys, Thanks

Boo, be happy that there is some kind of half interesting conversation going on in this otherwise very uninteresting topic of yours.

21o4pav.jpg