Gielinor Tribune: 11th Edition (Oct. 29th)

unorclan

I read one article and stopped... do you guys even check for grammatical errors? At first I thought one or two had slipped through, but it looks like it hasn't been edited at all!

EDIT: Awesome interview though, gotta love Peter :P

Hey I would love to know where some of the errors were so I can correct thos problems in the future. If you could PM them to me I would appricate that.

This is just a suggestion, but why not hire people to read over the final edition; run it thru a spell-checker and manually check for grammar mistakes before it is released to the public. I would suggest 2 or more grammar/spelling check people, as one might accidently skip over a mistake that the other one(s) might correct.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

I read one article and stopped... do you guys even check for grammatical errors? At first I thought one or two had slipped through, but it looks like it hasn't been edited at all!

Hey I would love to know where some of the errors were so I can correct thos problems in the future. If you could PM them to me I would appricate that.

This is just a suggestion, but why not hire people to read over the final edition; run it thru a spell-checker and manually check for grammar mistakes before it is released to the public. I would suggest 2 or more grammar/spelling check people, as one might accidently skip over a mistake that the other one(s) might correct.

We have editors. I don't know what happened.

advent-children-cloud-honest1.jpg

99 Fishing 11/12/2006 790th fisher to 99

Former Tip.it Events team leader

Then perhaps it was a posting error, that's understandable.

Just checking, do your editors manually read over the entire edition and read it aloud? Reading it aloud is a very effective method in detecting mistakes versus mind-reading it. :)

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Then perhaps it was a posting error, that's understandable.

Just checking, do your editors manually read over the entire edition and read it aloud? Reading it aloud is a very effective method in detecting mistakes versus mind-reading it. :)

Correct, however some of our editors may not notice the errors.

~ HYT Chat Rules (Click Here): Read before entering the chat. ~

dztf80.jpg

| Former Clan Chronicle Editor | Former Clan Improvement Member| Former TET Member |

How many times do I have to tell you people (my staff)!! LET THE MANAGEMENT HANDLE THIS KIND OF STUFF (no one from my staff reply to this here on tip.it)

Anyways, enjoy the edition, next edition comes out November 10th

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide

How many times do I have to tell you people (my staff)!! LET THE MANAGEMENT HANDLE THIS KIND OF STUFF (no one from my staff reply to this here on tip.it)

+1

~ HYT Chat Rules (Click Here): Read before entering the chat. ~

dztf80.jpg

| Former Clan Chronicle Editor | Former Clan Improvement Member| Former TET Member |

Can you tell us, then, personally, how you editors handle your newspaper? I just ran the whole paper through an online spellchecker and it's spotted 12 misspelled words. I've also manually read it through and spotted many gramatical errors.

dangsig.png

Can you tell us, then, personally, how you editors handle your newspaper? I just ran the whole paper through an online spellchecker and it's spotted 12 misspelled words. I've also manually read it through and spotted many gramatical errors.

I believe I PMed you and you got that right?

Bump

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

yes, enter the contest and get YOUR chance at fame! lol

but ONLY if you enter.

repeating that!! come on people, its not like gonna take a lot of brain power, and its fun \'

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

bumping one last time for the week.

lol

ok ppl, please enter, no one has entered yet please.

another awesome edition!

and dkw man, i'm so entering -- just gotta get thinking

userbarunorbv1.png

PS3 is garbage compared to Xbox 360/Halo 3....deal with it

Wasn't the 12th edition supposed to come out today?

Lol, good one, but AS ALWAYS we are ALWAYS on time and as Dkw said, we come out everyother Saturday.

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Wasn't the 12th edition supposed to come out today?

Lol, good one, but AS ALWAYS we are ALWAYS on time and as Dkw said, we come out everyother Saturday.

zomg 3 days I CAN'T WAIT FOR IT....and SSBB