Industrial Metal

wakka102

Does anybody listen to industrial Metal? and I'm not talking mainly about NIN

one band I'm really into at the moment is Psyclon Nine, its like an industrial band that uses lots of sounds that give a very creepy feel, its perfect for Halloween. I think it sounds amazing and really good through my stereo in the car with bass on.

EDIT: dark techno lol thats the phrase I was looking for. Like something out of the Matrix movies.

I can't say I have too much knowledge of industrial metal to be honest. I've listened to Fear factory before (close to it) and they are ok.

However Jesu is the best Industrial metal band I've heard. They aren't your typical industrial metal like Fear factory either, its very calm and quite amazing.

PAIN.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

It used to be more or less my favourite genre of music.

Some good bands include:

Jerk - sort of nu-metal/standard metal with tinges of industrial

http://www.myspace.com/jerkband

Sulpher - Similar to NIN, but far more agressive.

http://www.myspace.com/sulpher

The clips on that website from their upcoming album are pretty weak thus far. Their first album is very strong all round, as you can see here:

http://www.sulpher.co.uk/mpthree.html

Professional Murder Music - industrially-influenced metal/rock band with a lot of cool weird electronical things and a dark underground L.A. industrial feel.

http://www.myspace.com/murdermusic

In Flames isn't really industrial....just metalcore garbage now, formerly good death metal.
In Flames was never death metal, it was like melodic metal, I've never heard any death themes in any of there old stuff :? . Come Clarity was a great album by the way, not garbage, it just pissed off alot of old fans. I can relate when Korn released their See You On the Other Side :evil: .

In Flames isn't really industrial....just metalcore garbage now, formerly good death metal.
In Flames was never death metal, it was like melodic metal, I've never heard any death themes in any of there old stuff :? . Come Clarity was a great album by the way, not garbage, it just pissed off alot of old fans. I can relate when Korn released their See You On the Other Side :evil: .

Melodic indeed, melodic death metal, similar to what Dark Tranquility plays now. Check The Metal Archives for the official genre tagging. (as official as it gets *shrugs*)

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

I thought Korn did pretty well with See You On the Other Side. It was a step up from the comedy album that was Untouchables, and the relatively crap collection of songs that was Take a Look in the Mirror. What was wrong with it?

I thought Korn did pretty well with See You On the Other Side. It was a step up from the comedy album that was Untouchables, and the relatively crap collection of songs that was Take a Look in the Mirror. What was wrong with it?

To me see you on the other side was a terrible album, I've been listening to Korn since they released Issues and once head left the group, they seemed to change their sound so drastically that it was just awful. The guitar parts are not satisfying as they were with 2 guitarists, they also recorded with a studio group called "The Matrix" which records Pop Bands and its very apparent in the album, it has a very pop-ish sound that I really don't like. See You on the Other Side is the only Korn album currently released that I've not listened to more than 2-3 times. I always go back and listened to all the others, including Untitled, which was better but still wasn't as good as Take a Look in the Mirror and before that. It was just sort of a letdown to old school Korn fans if you were into their older sound. The only way for Korn to make an album that can be as good as before See You On the Other Side is if they brought a second guitarist into the group for recording and such, not just for playing old songs live. I think they just need to replace Head completely and stop trying to play as a 3 man band.

In Flames doesn't sing about Death as far as I can see, therefore its not Death Metal in any sense...

To me see you on the other side was a terrible album, I've been listening to Korn since they released Issues and once head left the group, they seemed to change their sound so drastically that it was just awful. The guitar parts are not satisfying as they were with 2 guitarists, they also recorded with a studio group called "The Matrix" which records Pop Bands and its very apparent in the album, it has a very pop-ish sound that I really don't like. See You on the Other Side is the only Korn album currently released that I've not listened to more than 2-3 times. I always go back and listened to all the others, including Untitled, which was better but still wasn't as good as Take a Look in the Mirror and before that. It was just sort of a letdown to old school Korn fans if you were into their older sound. The only way for Korn to make an album that can be as good as before See You On the Other Side is if they brought a second guitarist into the group for recording and such, not just for playing old songs live. I think they just need to replace Head completely and stop trying to play as a 3 man band.

In Flames doesn't sing about Death as far as I can see, therefore its not Death Metal in any sense...

Because being death metal has little, if anything to do with lyrical content. Its a subgenre of metal with distorted, melodic guitars and usually harsh vocals. Bands like Death (surprise!) helped pioneer it in the late '80s and early '90s. In Flames was soon to follow, and was a really great band back then.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

Because being death metal has little, if anything to do with lyrical content. Its a subgenre of metal with distorted, melodic guitars and usually harsh vocals. Bands like Death (surprise!) helped pioneer it in the late '80s and early '90s. In Flames was soon to follow, and was a really great band back then.

You're correct. They started as a melodic death metal band (meaning, a death metal band with an emphasis on melodies or more melodic passages) and now they're much more of a metalcore / 'avant-grade' metal band. (I think avant-grade is the correct term).

That isn't what I've always heard, Death Metal bands sing about Death, I can't find any death related things in their songs. Thats why there is a distinction between Death Metal and Grindcore and Black Metal. Those all sound very similar but their lyrical content helps difine them into their genre.

I can sort of see where you're going there, but at the same time I disagree. I think that of all the nu-metal bands that arose in the 90s, Korn have been one of the only ones who have succeeded in maintaining their sound while at the same time experimenting, and that's what I thought See You on the Other Side did. I liked stuff like Hypocrites and Liar, which had that good heavy feel, while Twisted Transistor had the bouncy, sort-of-poppy feel that can still be appreciated because it has credibility, and then they pull off something weird and almost epic like Seen It All. I think the key strength is its diversity, which is not something I've seen as much on on their previous albums (particularly Untouchables & Mirror).

That isn't what I've always heard, Death Metal bands sing about Death, I can't find any death related things in their songs. Thats why there is a distinction between Death Metal and Grindcore and Black Metal. Those all sound very similar but their lyrical content helps difine them into their genre.

Death metal often has a lot of bass in it, and low growls and grunts. Black metal, on the other hand, may just have a buzzing guitar in the background and shrieks. It also may have more like an orchastra depending on the kind of black metal band, and its often produced at a lower quality than death metal.

Grindcore I think is a bit faster than death metal, really its just fast metalcore, and usually fairly repetitive.

Yes a lot of times lyrical content will differ, but there are death metal bands that do not sing about death and likewise there are black metal bands that do not sing about satanistic of pagan ideals.

I can sort of see where you're going there, but at the same time I disagree. I think that of all the nu-metal bands that arose in the 90s, Korn have been one of the only ones who have succeeded in maintaining their sound while at the same time experimenting, and that's what I thought See You on the Other Side did. I liked stuff like Hypocrites and Liar, which had that good heavy feel, while Twisted Transistor had the bouncy, sort-of-poppy feel that can still be appreciated because it has credibility, and then they pull off something weird and almost epic like Seen It All. I think the key strength is its diversity, which is not something I've seen as much on on their previous albums (particularly Untouchables & Mirror).

Some people did enjoy it, but for the most part, the older fans disliked the album as a whole. Seen it all and Last Legal Drug are the only songs I go back and listen to on that album, the others just did not stick with me, and I thought Twisted Transistor was a total disgrace to my favorite band.