What ever happened to honest playing?

Zibl

What I normally do is stockpile a few hundred of these "rare" items. Then I go up to them, show the items, and say that I must be "teh uber rich."

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

this always happens, it's called reminiscing.

I've been playing since late 2001 or early 2002 (having trouble finding proof of exact date). but dang did we play the same rsc? the only reason it seemed like there were more honest players it was 87% people macroing,

There were just as many people scamming back then too (spinach rolls jump to mind).

and your sig says it all:

hacked 3 times in 5 years...

it wasnt hacked 3 times in last 6 months..

it's not a recent thing, the idiots have always been there and always will, but now RS has 5m+ players, it can be a little harder to find the honest ones that's all.

you have to think of RS like a city.. 5 years ago it was like er.. lets say penzance, small population, a certain % of idiots to decent people. but as it was a small town it was easy to spot the idiots.

Now RS is the size of London, same % of idiots, but no way you can know them all or keep track, a lot easier for them to do what they want to do because they can hide in the massive numbers..

the amount of decent or bad people hasnt changed.. RS was never some kind of babylon where people lived hand in hand. nothings changed but size.

Autoing on classic was very low in 2001 and 2002, the autoing wouldnt have even been at 10% of players in 2003 untill rs2 beta came out and jagex said you had to choose, and then every one started autoing.

And people were a lot nicer on classic, there was still jerks but you could always find them in wild and 3 hit them, unlike rs2 people can be a jerk with no consequences since you will probably never see them twice.

I still have to disagree, autoing was a problem from very early on.

I seem to remember in early 2002 or late 2001 you didnt need to use beds...

then when you first used beds if i remember rightly there were no random words to type, etc etc, these things happened because autoing was a problem from the very start.

now these programs are no doubt far more complicated and shouldnt be called macros at all, but then, no doubt not much more than a very basic macro was needed before beds.

I can happily say I didnt auto my stats prove that lol, but not naming names, there are some people that i got on very well with on rsc.. some of the first people to get 99's in certain skills, who now are in the top few hundred overall, who autoed all day every day. would always answer u on messenger but would come up with the lamest excuses as to why they didnt answer u on rs.. because they were autoing.

as for what you say about never seeing people again.. exactly why i used the big town little town analagy.. back then it was quite a community, altho there are people who played back then that post on here that i've never heard of and no doubt vice versa, so still a town size community... now it is a city.

Deep_pain.gif

Co-Founder of KoA over 18's clan. Founded 2002. An RS clan for adults only.

Now Recruiting

The weird thing is that this mostly occurs in mmorpg's like runescape,endless online, and maplestory and doesnt happen in mmorpg's you have to pay for online as often ( I haven't seen it yet). Well, free games that don't take up much computer power to use are chock full of jerks. If it costs a lot, a jerk won't play it, and if it takes a lot of power to use, jerks go away from it.

The weird thing is that this mostly occurs in mmorpg's like runescape,endless online, and maplestory and doesnt happen in mmorpg's you have to pay for online as often ( I haven't seen it yet). Well, free games that don't take up much computer power to use are chock full of jerks. If it costs a lot, a jerk won't play it, and if it takes a lot of power to use, jerks go away from it.
Wow and final fantasy xi both have gold farmers.

well that's how most people got to where they are now:

lots of playing per hour (""no lifing") or cheating (buying real world items/scamming/hacking)

:\ I follow by the "honors" code in pking, that's why I never make profit :D

I spend my time helping so you know =[].. good doesn't really profit people now-a-days so that may be a reason

You are not alone, Our Father, God will always be with you.

They were always around. I recall back in late 2002 I got scammed out of everything forcing myself to create another account (which later became my main). Of course that was in f2p, members was a pretty nice community back then.