Why are obby things so expensive? obby ring, knive...etc

samcowcow

Getting toktuls is both hard, expensive* and take long time.

Why? JaGeX made it quite slow to gather them... like max 30 odd toktuls from a kill if you are "lucky" and 3 hours in fight caves for 8000ish and in the fight pits you can be with a team but if you have a team you need to share :o .

*you can use a hilibard on the monsters which take extremly long time.

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarti ... le_id=1938 for the "zerker" necklace (scroll down a bit)

Hope it helped.

igsig.png

Vincent pretty much nailed it. Obby items are hard to get. They are pretty rare drops off the TzHaar and they are overpriced in the shop considering the tokkul takes a while to get.

Don't worry, most TzHaar weapons aren't that good anyway.

True that they're a pain to train and get, lest you have many chaos you don't mind wasting (lest you're aiming for a onyx).

However, In the experience per hour guide in the PMG you can see that when using the beserker necklace that obby swords can earn you better strenght experience per hour then dragon long swords and scimitars, so if you can afford a beserker necklace and like to train str, it's something you should consider.

(beserker necklace boosts your max hit by 20%, eg. You hit 20, you will hit 24 with beserker.)

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

its because theyre pretty good weapons + items, so higher demand, yet there hard to get. which increases demand, thus price increases.

tokkul is slow and expensive to get, to manually buy obby items. and getting the drops from the monsters is harder.

e.g. i spent about 30-40k on food. and killed over 400 of tzhar monsters until i got an item drop. which to my fortune was an obby shield. which paid off and made me profit :).

bsmovies.png

The price is based of o the gp---->TokKul conversion. The only way to convert is to sell items (commonly chaos runes) to the store. Since selling to a store gives you much less than its true value the conversion makes Tokkul expensive.

nopheo.png

Nopheo.png