Weight Lifting

RaZoR-CuTs

Well i lift weight alot for football and i was wondering if anyone has tried them things on tv that shock your muscles and are upossed to stimulate muscle growth without having to lift cuz it does the work for you. My mom just bought this muscle relaxer thing that can shock the hell out of you but if you put it on cetain muscles then u turn it on it makes to flex them like relly hard for like 1-2 sec than it stops and does it again like 1-2 sec later.. thing this does anyhing?

Is this like a pill or something, or a machine?

It's like a belt that has a motor in it, that vibrates and stimulates your muscles.

As far as I know, you will probably gain some muscle definition. However, I very highly doubt you will actually get bigger, or actually gain much (if any) strength from it.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

lol ok i was jw... i would rather stick with lifting weights cuz it funny and i love feeling the burning feeling... it ook this muschle relaxer (its just the like on from the movie jackass) to school and stuck it to a kid when he was sleeping. i turned it on full blast and like cramped up and fell out of his chair.. it was funny.. but u only cramp up till you turn it off tho

ah yes i muscle stimulator... they accually really suk.. there is no point when u can like do 2 reps of 20kg and you have basicly got the same workout of a muscle stimulators shock, so to save yourself money and/or pain just use the traditional way...

It's like a belt that has a motor in it, that vibrates and stimulates your muscles.

As far as I know, you will probably gain some muscle definition. However, I very highly doubt you will actually get bigger, or actually gain much (if any) strength from it.

no its this little muscle thing that comes with 2 sticky pads that u put on ur skin where the muscle is and it shock you and ur muscle tightens up than goes back to norm than it does ti again

Hmm i dont see the point of it?

When your muscles contract and then relax its the same movement as if you would do it manually. Situps for example, except that you can do other things meanwhile. The backside is that it ain't perfect, when you do situps you do ther exact movement that the muscle is supposed to be used for, when you use the machine it trains the muscle but not exactly the way its supposed to, unless you put it on and use it perfectly that is. Result, you get big muscles with less of, or even worse - no practical use, since they haven't been trained for what they are supposed to do. I find traditional working out to work good for me, no need for a machine.

no its this little muscle thing that comes with 2 sticky pads that u put on ur skin where the muscle is and it shock you and ur muscle tightens up than goes back to norm than it does ti again

Similar idea though.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

All that will do will firm your muscles and add definition. It won't expand your muscle size or make you 'bigger'. It's no way near a compromise for lifting weights.

They do indeed build your muscles, but i really wouldn't recommend using them.

Not only do they often build your muscles intensely in parts and not at all in other places, but pictures i've seen of people who've used them inproperly are gross. Seriously, they have a 6 pac inches out of their stomach and it looks horrible man. If you are going to use one, make sure you get advice first, and don't use it in excess, it can really damage your muscles.

logo.jpg

I find it funny that some of you say it doesn't work. I've been at the gym for like 10 years and I've seen a few people who use them and just chill out at the gym. It doesn't matter HOW your muscles are stimulated, they will still grow. It's as useless as those people who try to make their muscles "fuller" by doing excercises with their hands/etc in different directions. Newsflash: Your muscle doesn't know are you stretching it north or east, all it knows is that it's being stimulated.

But I don't recommend them. Especially on your biceps or triceps (they look * up if you use the muscle stimulator for a long time, it just doesn't look.. Normal), they wont grow big; instead, they will be simply weird.

I disagree with the negative fuss about creatine. It's extremely good for your muscles if you're an active trainer. Like 90% of all creatine you eat (actually it's just a combination of amino acids but your liver combines them) will go straight to your muscles, so you can be sure it DOES have an effect when you eat it. Creatine also promotes protein synthesis in your muscles which means you will have bigger and stronger muscles.

You should read a book on different training suppliments such as creatine or ask a trainer before putting it down. Creatine is not necessary for training but it's extremely useful and you'll get guaranteed faster results if you use it. Remember there's no such thing as "not being able to gain muscle mass". Even if you're skinny you can get strong muscles with a few years of training given you don't have a testosterone problem in your body.

My mom also had one these things but she hads it like 3 or 4 years ago... anyways i heard they recalled them because they dont even work... I saw an ad on tv about a new one that supposedly works... :?

Lol, it does feel good when you put it on your abs

It's as useless as those people who try to make their muscles "fuller" by doing excercises with their hands/etc in different directions. Newsflash: Your muscle doesn't know are you stretching it north or east, all it knows is that it's being stimulated
If it's stimulating you muscles head on, and not in a way that will actually be used, it won't make you be stronger at all. You need to excersise in a way that will actually be useful to your muscles. That's why many football players do bench press, to stimulate their muscles in the act of pushing.
bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

I would spend abit of money on Creatine, its powder stuff that you put mix in water, and found something here that explains it.

http://www.absolute-creatine.com/

sorry, but no

creatine does give you big muscles, but its not real muscles, what creatine does is it puts water in place where ur muscle should be to give them the apperience of being bigger, if your spending money on anything it should be Whey Protein, it tastes amazing and is great for results,

as for the muscle belt thing, it doesnt really work, good old fashion sit ups are the way to go

I would spend abit of money on Creatine, its powder stuff that you put mix in water, and found something here that explains it.

http://www.absolute-creatine.com/

sorry, but no

creatine does give you big muscles, but its not real muscles, what creatine does is it puts water in place where ur muscle should be to give them the apperience of being bigger, if your spending money on anything it should be Whey Protein, it tastes amazing and is great for results,

as for the muscle belt thing, it doesnt really work, good old fashion sit ups are the way to go

Mostly all protein shakes taste like garbage. The only one I've bought that was good is called Isobolic. It has CMF When Isolate, Micellar Casein and Egg Isolate. It taste awsome

It's as useless as those people who try to make their muscles "fuller" by doing excercises with their hands/etc in different directions. Newsflash: Your muscle doesn't know are you stretching it north or east, all it knows is that it's being stimulated
If it's stimulating you muscles head on, and not in a way that will actually be used, it won't make you be stronger at all. You need to excersise in a way that will actually be useful to your muscles. That's why many football players do bench press, to stimulate their muscles in the act of pushing.

Yeah, that's my point. Have fun with all the excercises that you think make your muscles look more "full", but if you stimulate your muscles in a way they're not naturally meant to be stimulated, it wont help at all.

Mostly all protein shakes taste like garbage. The only one I've bought that was good is called Isobolic. It has CMF When Isolate, Micellar Casein and Egg Isolate. It taste awsome

That's why you buy protein shakes that have the taste of strawberry, vanilla or chocolate (or banana or which ever flavour you can find and like). :P Nobody I know of uses 'standard' protein shakes anymore, drinking that is like drinking warm water when you're hungry. Flavoured protein shakes have good taste and still contain a lot of protein.

creatine and muscle stimulators arnt needed. just exercise and eat healthy.

Yea they aren't needed, but at least I take every help from creatine I can get. It isn't that expensive and you can see the difference. Totally worth every penny IMO. Yes, creatine stores water to the muscles. It makes them look bigger, but the real reason for the water is the extra power you get from it. Some steroids work the same way, gather water. Let's keep this topic clean from steroids, tho.

Those muscle stimulators aren't that great. It's true that the muscle doesn't know if it's being trained with weights or machines, but you can't get the same "feeling" (don't know english word for it, hope you got my point) with those stimulators.

Anyways, there are no easy paths to chooce in weight lifting. You gotta eat , sleep and train well. If one of those 3 isn't in condition, you won't get the maximum advantaces from the train. For powerlifters the food part isn't as important as it is to bodybuilders, but still, maybe you should have a look at the amount of protein you get in daily basis. Protein shakes aren't really expensive and they can give you a nice extra amount of protein. It's way easier to get like 30g extra protein from a shake than from "normal" food. OF course those shakes aren't needed to become big and strong, but they can help a lot. Remember that they are only to help you to get enough of protein, not being the only protein source. Remember that usually people think they eat a lot, but when they start counting, they eat max like 2000 calores/day and spend like the same. No wonder they don't grow big :P

Personally I would go with whey protein as an extra source of protein. Soya has a bit of estrogenes which aren't great for men. The amounts are small, but I'd rather still avoid them. Also my stomach doesn't like really much soya.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm