[3D] Mini Cooper

entangle

So I was messing around in max the other night and I got working on this, I didn't think I'd actually finish it but I kept working on it on off since. I decided to not to go for a straight out mini design, but rather taking all the parts of different models of minis I like, and put them into one car (it's almost like the old stuff is gone, but shape remains) No windscreen wipers or interior as of yet, to be honest, probably never.

Anyway, here it is rendered in vray free which I might add is awesome.

minicooper.jpg

Here's an isoline Wireframe it has some older stuff in there which I didn't change at the time of render.

2008sig2nb6.jpg

Quit RS 2005 | RSN: Johnalder

Back as of 5/7/2008!

Dragon Drops: x1 Med, x5 Legs, x4 Skirts, x25 Boots, x1 Visage | x7 Abyssal Whips

entangle>>> o sensei teach me ur art of 3D... or just tell watcha using

he said he was messing around in max. (3ds max, 5 or 6 most likely)

omg though thats horrible. and by horrible i mean amazing :shock:

you do 3d work as a career?

I'd love todo it as a career, I havent had chance to put it to use in a graphic design enviroment yet.

If you look on my work, I always put a bar at the bottom which says what it was done in, and what it was rendered with.

2008sig2nb6.jpg

Back as of 5/7/2008!

Dragon Drops: x1 Med, x5 Legs, x4 Skirts, x25 Boots, x1 Visage | x7 Abyssal Whips

I'd love todo it as a career, I havent had chance to put it to use in a graphic design enviroment yet.

If you look on my work, I always put a bar at the bottom which says what it was done in, and what it was rendered with.

I know you say you work in 3Ds Max, but how do you feel about Maya? Obviously you prefer 3Ds over Maya, but reason? Just curious because i have Maya and I've never used 3Ds, so i dont know the big differences.

panoramiadk9.gif

it look s like a old cooper also the tires look flat

Were you expecting a BMW bought Cooper? Sorry, that car's ugly as hell. It's new, tires are supposed to be flat :?

Jab, I'm just so used to 3ds, I've tried nearly every package out there and nothing has really swayed me off of max. I'm just really comfortable with it.

2008sig2nb6.jpg

Back as of 5/7/2008!

woah great.... thats amazing. I dont see how you get it so accurate.

. must have taken ages. are u constantly on it or on and off every now and again? I was also wondering what u might do with it? Just a piece of art work or for sumit else? (too many questions lol)

Id love to see anything else you do. keep it up it rocks!

vistame09copyhr8.png

it look s like a old cooper also the tires look flat

Were you expecting a BMW bought Cooper? Sorry, that car's ugly as hell. It's new, tires are supposed to be flat :?

Jab, I'm just so used to 3ds, I've tried nearly every package out there and nothing has really swayed me off of max. I'm just really comfortable with it.

i completely agree. the new cars are such a letdown, the only cool thing about them is how to gas pedal clicks into place.

The reflections on the rear quarter panel and windshield seem a bit funky...

That's my only real crit, if I had to pick one. Really nice job, wish I could model like that. (although I am still learning)

Jabraulter, stop opening your mouth and constantly making a fool of yourself.

Very nice work entangle :)

you should make it more like an austin powers kind of thing, with the british flag on the top and all :lol: . dunno, used to thinking of them looking like that lol, it looks cool that way.

But anyways, great job on it.

Nothing I can really do about the reflections Keiphus, they're real time so they're just as they are I guess. I could change the reflection, but I like this one too much, and its the scene light.

2008sig2nb6.jpg

Back as of 5/7/2008!

Jabraulter, stop opening your mouth and constantly making a fool of yourself.

What's your deal? It was only a question....I'm sorry, but I don't think I received the 'Ask Keiphus for permission to speak' memo. Care to send that to me?

panoramiadk9.gif

WOW.. I wish I could model like that :( Have you taken courses or does your work include modeling/graphics?

The 'flat tires' looks more like a mistake (or a cheap way of making them look flat), as if the car is going through the ground.

And it needs a bit more anti-aliasing, some of the lines are really choppy.

Woot, keep em coming! I love your reflections too (even though the glass is a little be wacky) :D

WOW.. I wish I could model like that :( Have you taken courses or does your work include modeling/graphics?

The 'flat tires' looks more like a mistake (or a cheap way of making them look flat), as if the car is going through the ground.

And it needs a bit more anti-aliasing, some of the lines are really choppy.

Woot, keep em coming! I love your reflections too (even though the glass is a little be wacky) :D

I'm all self taught, basically in everything. There isnt an antialiasing issue, it's just a sharp filter it's rendered with, instead of it being blurry and and not so stand out.

2008sig2nb6.jpg

Back as of 5/7/2008!

nice.

tires look flat..

the window on the front has a funky reflection, instead of reflecting it gives an upside down view on the inside of the car?

the reflections on the rest of the car is funky (as in good) tho.

the roof seems blurry and has this odd bend just above the door, moste likely on purpose tho.

great work :D

signature_1.gif

I can assure you the roof is supposed to be like that. I don't know if I've said it here yet, but the glass needs to be fixed, and the tyres are intentional, it's brand new.

2008sig2nb6.jpg

Back as of 5/7/2008!