Bring back the Scammer Black Hole?

thegarrett73

When Disks of Returning were made there was a black hole Jagex would send hackers and scammers to were they could not talk, the DOR would let people enter the Black holes and talk. To me the Black Holes tended to work better than any method currently employed, because in case of mistake (accedental banning/ sending to black hole) the person can always be removed by Jagex, but it stops them from commiting further scams, just my view. Thanks

Well, I don't think its entirely necessary. Jagex can already unbann, its not like sending them to a void where they can do nothing but chat and then sending them back is a huge difference. Besides, scammers and hackers and serious rule breakers do not deserve to be able to chat or get back on the game. They need to get out and stay out. Giving them some mercy is like cleaning up jail cells or making them much more comfortable. Its called prison for a reason, its not supposed to be for your comfort. Besides, this update would be seriously hated if it gave out disks of returning or made them infinite stock/untradeable. Merchants would rave.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

this update would be seriously hated if it gave out disks of returning or made them infinite stock/untradeable. Merchants would rave.

I never said that should happen, and serously, being in a black space were you can't talk/move and other players are makeing fun of you and calling you the names/deragatives you deserve, thats comfort for yah :thumbsup:

It would definitively be a load of fun. But it could get out of control very easily. I can already imagine a ton of people yelling nonsense, spamming, or saying random insults to the people in the cages.

2480+ total

It would definitively be a load of fun. But it could get out of control very easily. I can already imagine a ton of people yelling nonsense, spamming, or saying random insults to the people in the cages.

they're saying it to the scum of runescape, I fail to see your point

clansig7.gif

they're saying it to the scum of runescape, I fail to see your point

Offensive language wont be tolerated, even to a rule breaker.

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

There's good things and bad things about it IMO...

I'll start with the good things:

-It'd be fun for people that didn't scam/break rules to go there and make fun of them, but that brings a bad side too...

-Hmm, can't find any other worthy discussions for the pro's...

Bad things:

-Might evolve into offensive language, people trying to avoid censor, ...

-Might make a hacker change his IP and go hack someone that came to annoy him/her

-It'll probably fill all the worlds if scammers/hackers would come on, which would make it unfair for fair players if they have to resist all that lag

-You can already unban, so I don't see a real good point except for the fun part for people, but like I said in 1 and 2, the people might break rules themselves or make a hacker that angry that they eventually get hacked.

So... I'll say no support, sorry, but a good idea though :)

Yes! I have supported this idea before...

I wonderwhy JageX took it away in the first place?

people who were put in there without much reason were mocked and extremely frustrated about the SEGREGATION that had been created.

Real scammers/hackers just made new accounts because their old ones were permanently gone inot the black hole. They just made new ones and continued scammin/hacking on them.

Permanent mute works as a better punishment, as they still can't talk or harm anyone, but they still have something to lose; their account- so making a new account to scam and hack on would lose them their main account as well. The threat is much more powerful than the ban itself.

Also its less of a humilitation for people who haven't been muted fairly, as they are not segregated and mocked; and there is still plenty of chance for them to appeal and regain the right of speech.

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

You can still be unbanned after being banned. Also the very large amount of people who were banned would probably cause enormous lag/ it would not be practical to enable them all to log in and strain the server.

agreed

justin500.png[spoiler=Goals.]justin500.png

justin500.png

justin500.png

[/url]

[spoiler=99's]99 strength achieved 5/27/09.

99 hitpoints achieved 9/30/09.(59,643)

99 attack achieved 11/08/09. (77,453)

99 defence achieved 1/31/10. (63,382)

99 range achieved ( sometime ago )

[spoiler=Drops]

x15 whips

x53 d boots

x3 visages

x88 g mauls

If they put in the Black Hole again, they should also mute the rule-breakers so they can't keep offending each other. And probably no Disk of Returning, that'd crash a part of merchanting. And if the Grand Exchange comes and that, merchants heads go KABOOM BOOM.

I have a good idea to something similiar to this, however I think it would be too "comfortable" to the rule-breakers. I won't post it here, I might make a suggestion soon though.