General Guide: Beers & Wines

• 3 months later...

OK, everyone, I've already addressed the issue of the missing maturity information in this post:

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=304886

If anyone can provide some dependable, reliable, accurate information on how you get "mature" ale, I'll gladly add it to the Cooking and Beer guides. IMO, including information that's not clear, or informaiton that's of the "we're not sure about this" kind, only generates more questions.

I'm still doing research on this aspect of brewing, and if I don't have details soon, I will post a request for help as I did for the xp information. At the present moment, I cannot find ANY information about "mature" ales and how to get them ANYWHERE. Even Jagex cannot (or will not, lol...) answer my question. Yes, I've written to them already.

And yes, I've included the effect of "mature" cider in the Beer and Barcrawl guide, because I had the information. But I don't know (nobody does, it seems) HOW to get it that way. That's why there's nothing about it in the Cooking Guide.

But please rest assured that as soon as I can find the information, I'll update the applicable guides. In the meantime, if you can provide more details, please post them.

~Kiara

Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend. Use it!

• 3 weeks later...
i have cider and mature cider,

i found the formula for both was exact

cider+2%rounded up

mature cider+4% rounded up

this make mature give

+1(up to 25),+2(26-50),+3 (51+75????)

and I believe, +4(76 to 99) although i can't confirm it

normal is +1 untill level 51 and then it's +2

i was using cider from almost the beginning...

although i could use some help testing the mind bombs : P

any pures?

also, you forgot how much kegs heal, 1 healed me 15, and gave me 91/81str and 36/81 attack

I'm still gathering info on mature cider and ales, but this will help. Stay tuned for a revised guide, coming soon.

Thanks,

~Kiara

also, most beers will heal you 1,

including beer(of course)

mind bombs

dwarven stouts

and cider

plus, on waterbirth island, above the dungeon, askeladden the fremmnick boy will buy kegs 700 gp each, not sure if it should be in the beer guide...

also, most beers will heal you 1,

including beer(of course)

mind bombs

dwarven stouts

and cider

plus, on waterbirth island, above the dungeon, askeladden the fremmnick boy will buy kegs 700 gp each, not sure if it should be in the beer guide...

Can you please be more specific? When you say "most" beers, do you mean ALL beer and ales? If not, you'll have to provide a list. Refer to this sticky for guidelines on providing information.

Also, when you say that Askeladden the fremmenick boy will buy kegs 700 gp each, what exactly do you mean? First, you're sure you mean "buy" and not "sell"? And kegs of what? Which ales/beers?

Thanks

He means the Keg of beer from Rellekka Longhall (listed in Beer guide already) ... It's really more of a tip for a Waterbirth Island guide, I think.

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bit of info on the Calquat kegs.

You can use the kegs to pour beer into glasses if you just want to carry a single dose. However, you cannot pour the beer or cider back from the beer glasses into the kegs.

vlad_the_old.jpeg

Thanks to 4be2jue for the sigs.

Vlad_The_Old.png

There are 10 types of people in the world - those that understand binary and those that don't!

Vlad_the_old.png

• 2 months later...

it does -4 attack +3 strength

the karamjan rum is now drinkable

Can i get some one to verafiy that it does not reduce your stat on a percentage basis

54 attack -4

54 str +3

thats my base and how it changed my stats

[hide=]

Wow... I just scanned it with my new high tech program called "common sense" and it detected a scam.

Some people just shouldn't be allowed to breed.

Gee, for someone with "billions and billions on multiple accounts", you sure whine a lot.
[/hide]

I don't think cooking level is a factor, nor cooking experience with a particular ale.

My very first batch of anything that I brewed was Chef's Delight and it was a Mature batch!! I didn't realize it was special until I brewed the next batch, which came out normal. Cooking level was in mid-60's.

After about 18 more batches of Chef's Delight I obtained another Mature one. After about 30 total, now at cooking level mid-70's, those 2 are all i've had so far.

A friend with cooking level 61 obtained a batch of Mature Axeman's Folly after 2 normal ones and 1 batch of normal Chef's Delight - these were the first ales he had ever brewed. Since then he has brewed 2 more Axeman's and 3 or 4 more Chef's, no more Matures.

Even though the occurrence is "random", anyone who has done programming knows that the event has to have a probability attached to it. If they would bother to find out from their programmers, Jagex could tell us what the chances are - 1 in 100? 1 in 1000? There must be a number-factor in the program somewhere, which determines that.

[pokemama edit 10/5: unfortunately, Jagex prefers to keep players guessing - when you find out the system for the Ring of Wealth, please let us know, lol! Remember that "The Stuff", which can be bought from Honest Jimmy using Pieces of Eight from the Trouble Brewing game, improves the chances of brewing Mature ale to 50% (a fact actually provided by Jagex!) A Crewbie doing a large amount of brewing for other research has verified the 50% as accurate. It took me about 3 batches before I struck mature, but it has been pretty even for me since then.]

• 4 weeks later...

iv wated what seems like weeks so im re posting about this in this topic

Kamja rum (or how ever its spelled) is Drinkable it has a rigth click option and all try to get a pic to prove this soon

[pokemama 10/27: sometimes we get busy with Jagex updates ;). I apologize as I keep forgetting to go try this too. I do appreciate you posting the data confirming what the first person said - that is *extremely* helpful! Don't worry, we won't forget you - it's just that this guide doesn't get updated often. Thanks!]

ps Jagex might not know its possable to drink the quest rum as it is not in their food and drink guide as something that is Drinkable

[hide=]

Wow... I just scanned it with my new high tech program called "common sense" and it detected a scam.

Gee, for someone with "billions and billions on multiple accounts", you sure whine a lot.
[/hide]

here is the pick

rumwz6.png

image works now

[pokemama 10/31: super, thanks!]

[hide=]

[/hide]

• 4 weeks later...

I have 67 attack and 72 strength... when I drink the Karamja Rum, I get -4 attack, +4 strength. My other guy with 1 attack and strength only gets -1/+1. My guy with 30 attack and 41 strength gets -3/+3. I believe that the rum has an even effect on both attack and strength; however much it lowers attack, it will raise strength by the same amount. So for someone with attack and strength in the 90s, it may give -5/+5.

[pokemama 11/26: thanks VERY much for posting all of this great raw data - I wish we had more users like you! I have turned this over to an expert for analysis, and hopefully we'll have some good figures for the website soon.]

• 4 weeks later...

After much risk to my characters general health I was able to come up with some rough data for Braindeath 'Rum'!

It can only be purchased on Mos Le'Harmless island after the Cabin Fever Quest. You can buy it from any of the bars on the island for 30 coins as long as you have the 'Book o' Piracy' in your inventory. Bottle looks like Karjama Rum, but orange.

Effects: You drink it and get the messege, "With a sense of impending doom you drink the 'rum' " A moment later, "You try very hard not to die" The effects kick in after the second mesege.

I have drank nearly 15 bottles collecting data and this is about what I have discovered it does (other then mess you up severely):

I belive all of these round all fractions up, and should be fairly accurate. All the negatives are based off your current, not maximum score. So your second drink will give you negative 15% off the 85% of your maximum.

Attack: -7.5%

Strength: +2

Defence: -10%

Ranged: -7.5%

Prayer: -7.5%

Magic: -7.5%

HP: +11 (This could be 15% of total, someone else will need to check this out)

Agility: -15%

Herblore: -7.5%

Mining: +1

As you can see this is only for those who like to live dangerously, or don't like to live at all... wonder why I spend so much money on it everytime I'm in town?

• 2 months later...

rum.jpg

Well, here's some data for the Braindeath Island rum and Karamja rum.

For what it's worth, Braindeath island rum is called "Braindeath 'rum'" and the description reads, "I think it's eating through the bottle."

Karamja rum is called "Karamjan rum" and has the description, "A very strong spirit brewed in Karamja."

I took 4 trials from each, using super restores to help me get back to my actual levels (waiting for the strength to decrease took some time). Each of the trials are shown above (they are not just the same screenshot pasted 4 times, I wanted to ensure that I got the same results again and again)

Results are as follows -

Braindeath 'rum':

-6/94 attack (decrease of 6.4%)

+3/83 strength (increase of 3.6%)

-8/86 defence (decrease of 9.3%)

-5/73 ranged (decrease of 6.8%)

-5/70 prayer (decrease of 7.1%)

-4/79 magic (decrease of 5.1%)

-10/79 agility (decrease of 12.7%)

-4/59 herblore (decrease of 6.8%)

+1/88 mining (increase of 1.1%)

Karamjan rum:

-4/94 attack (decrease of 4.3%)

+5/83 strength (increase of 6.0%)

All percentages were rounded to the nearest 0.1. Tastewise, I prefered the Karamjan (better flavor), but I don't think that's relevant. ;) Hope this helps!

Thanks for posting Centuramage!

I tried Braindeath Rum on my character also.

Attack -5 (71/76)

Strength +3 (79/76)

Defence -8 (68/76)

Ranged -5 (65/70)

Prayer -2 for 20 (I'd used most of my level 68 prayer previously)

Magic -4 (71/75)

Agility -8 (56/64)

Herblore -5 (62/67)

Mining +1 (74/73)

After waiting for normal stats (except prayer which stayed 18), I tried it again. Same results as above, tho prayer base was now 18:

Prayer -2 for 18

If someone can make heads or tails of this, by all means go for it!

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

• 1 month later...

You CAN buy cider drom a pub, at the price of 2 gp each, it is located in the dungeon of miscellania. The pub is called estorican arms, as shown on my included picture.

you%20can%20buy%20cider%20in%20shop%20(10%20stock).JPG

and here is the one where i bought all the cider:

you%20can%20buy%20cider%20in%20shop%20(empty).JPG

Proud owner of the Dark Guardians.

Visit my clan site: http://www.freewebs.com/harvestboy4

~The ultimate Chaos Warrior!~

• 1 month later...

wine of zamorak is marked as a members only item but its is in fact F2P but has no use there (expet selling to members) so it should be noted as no use in F2P

edit: wine of Zamorak in the datebase is F2P just to prove my point :-w

ml417.jpeg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

refresh to see another sig =P

also click on the sig to go to The Art Bazaar

thanks to everyone who made me a sig

• 3 weeks later...

Improvements to some images in guide:-

banditsbrew1.png

(Bandit's Brew, just removed the backgroung to fit in with the majoriy of images)

plainbeer.png

(Plain Beer)

karamjanrum1.png

(Karamjan Rum)

Except for the Bandits brew,I took the screenshots personaly. The bandits brew was edited from the one origonaly on the page.

EDIT: Thats all, feel free to use!

Wow, thanks for the pics!

Unfortunately, transparent background PNG format images don't work with Internet Explorer :( - they show all white or something.

When someone can, changing these into transparent GIFs will get them into the guide.

And if you make them 40x40, we can put them in the items database as well (assuming the pics there are not transparent).

Thanks for taking the time to submit pics!

Transparent 40 x 40 gifs.

Plain Beer

plainbeertt0.gif

Bandit Brew

banditsbrew1sm9.gif

Karamjan Rum

karamjanrum1dr3.gif

[pokemama 2 June: <3: eyehawk78. Pics added to items database and credited - thanks SO much! Leaving them here for guide update.]