Can you role 6 x 6's in 1 throw of the die?

connelly

well i sure cant but my frend can lmao! at a party thing hosted by his company there was a free game where u had 6 die(plural of dice) and 1 throw, and if u threw 6 6's, which myfriend did, u won a MINI COOPER!!!.

but to get to the point i was wondering if any1 knows the probabillity, or formulae to find it out. Im not asking for the excat number but to the nearest 1000 would be fantastic

lol and plz dnt spam with numbers u just made up lol :D hehe

Actually, dice is the plural of die. The probability is (1/6)^6, as there are 6 possible outcomes (i.e. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6), and 6 throws. When you are counting on two independent probabilities, you multiply the chance of one occuring by the chance of the other occuring to find the chance of them both (all) occuring.

The chance is: 2.143*10^-5 or 0.00002143 which means that 99.99997857 out of 100, he'd not manage it.

However, following So...uh.. Murphy's law, we all know that, if you don't want it to happen, it is 100% likely to. Do your friend a favor and become insanely jealous: that way he's sure to win.

Anyway, someone correct me if I'm hideously wrong.

Actually, dice is the plural of die. The probability is (1/6)^6, as there are 6 possible outcomes (i.e. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6), and 6 throws. When you are counting on two independent probabilities, you multiply the chance of one occuring by the chance of the other occuring to find the chance of them both (all) occuring.

The chance is: 2.143*10^-5 or 0.00002143 which means that 99.99997857 out of 100, he'd not manage it.

However, following So...uh.. Murphy's law, we all know that, if you don't want it to happen, it is 100% likely to. Do your friend a favor and become insanely jealous: that way he's sure to win.

thats just a fancier way of saying wut every1 else just said, isnt it?

adolpha2mp.png

[Jarkan (retired)]-[2001-2003]

[Adolpha (retired)]-[2003-2004]

Well actually it would be impossible to roll six 6's on one throw of the DIE. :P But I knew what you meant and the other ppl who posted already were correct on the odds. Man is he lucky!

supdarklinkel1.jpg

SHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*He's intelligent* :lol:

very improbable but congratz to ur friend on his luck ;)

- Only character in Runescape History maxed out in RSC and RS2

x843.png

6 x 6 = 36

1/36

It's an experimental probabilty so it can't change

Still under the effects of 4/20?

edit: What were you even talking about? The chance of winning or the product of 6 x 6? I have no idea so nevermind I guess

6 x 6 = 36

1/36

LMAO!!!!! What he just said what the probability of rolling 6 and 6 with 2 dice. The effects of 4/20

clbqf5.jpg

Dragon drops: D med x3, D Spear x2, Left Half x1, D2h x1

Crawling Hands X4, Cockatrice heads X2, Basilisk head X2, Kurask head X1

Support me in the drop race

6 x 6 = 36

1/36

LMFAO

that was really good, because i just read about 4/20 in the newspaper today, never knew what it was before :D

yes, its 6x6x6x6x6x6.

ty but u are wrong about the die dice thing. Die(plural) IS the plural of dice(singular)

6 x 6 = 36

1/36

I know what you are saying but you are wrong. If you roll 5 die in a row and roll a 6 each time the probability of the 6th die being a 6 is still 1 in 6, but at the same time the probability of it happening 6 times in a row is 1/6^6 like others were saying.

Yes, but I when I started, no-one had posted. I didn't check back to see if anyone had before clicking submit.

Oh, and:

die2 Audio pronunciation of "die" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (d)

n. pl. dies or dice (ds)

6 x 6 = 36

1/36

lmao

that was really good, because i just read about 4/20 in the newspaper today, never knew what it was before :D

yes, its 6x6x6x6x6x6.

What's so special about 4/20? :S

Claim: '420' entered drug parlance as a term signifying the time to light up a joint.

Origins: Odd

terms sneak into our language every now and then, and this is one of the oddest. Everyone who considers himself in the know about the drug subculture has heard that '420' has something to do with illegal drug use, but when you press them, they never seem to know why, or even what the term supposedly signifies.

It's both more and less than people make it out to be. '420' began its sub-rosa linguistic career in 1971 as a bit of slang casually used by a group of high school kids at San Rafael High School in California. '420' (always pronounced "four-twenty," never "four hundred and twenty") came Is it 4:20 already? to be an accepted part of the argot within that group of about a dozen pot smokers, beginning as a reminder of the time they planned to meet to light up, 4:20 p.m. Keep in mind this wasn't a general call to all dope smokers everywhere to toke up at twenty past four every day; it was twelve kids who'd made a date to meet near a certain statue. It's thus incorrect to deem that '420' originated as a national or international dope-smoking time, even though the term began as a reference to a particular time of day.

These days '420' is used as a generic way of declaring one likes to use marijuana .