WHEN WILL THE END OF THE WORLD HAPPEN??!!!???!!

WHIPTAIL901

probably when he stops making millions of dollars

they arent making millions of dollars...plus i highly doudt runescape will be gone forever,at most will happen,will be it getting tto corwed for jagex to controll i.e it growing to 1million people in the next year

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

plus i highly doudt runescape will be gone forever

Dude, NO online computer game of today is going to around in a decade or so.

...And this is why?

I believe UO and Everquest have been around for roughly Ten years. I was told UO (I think it was ultima oline...I forget..) came out around 93-94. It's 2005 now...That's 11 or 12 years. And Everquest came out a couple years later...

And whoever said they're not making millions of dollars...Boy, you're a funny character...200,000 subscribers, $5 a month, thats a million bucks right there. I don't care how much their servers cost, they're making a lot. They have like 30 employee's, whom I'm sure make an average of $30,000 a year...That's $900,000. I'm aware they're in England, I'm not going to take time to translate...

good thought it would probably end when a virus hits microsoft and sucks the whole world dry

....Microsoft could be shut down completely and nothing would happen to RuneScape, or any of our computers, besides the fact that MSN and their other products wouldn't work anymore...Windows would sitll work, just wouldn't have support.

There is always Linux.

what i meant by that if a virus could hit microsoft that means it could hit any one because most of the time if a virus i sent to mircosoft it would usually just bounce off it for a virus to be that strong would have to be made by idk A.I.

The only way RS will end will be due to a fatal mistake. There are several ways this could happen:

a) Andrew dies and someone inherits Jagex with no ambition and the game dies due to lack of originality.

B) Andrew retires (or decides he has a big enough pension to retire early) and passes the reigns onto someone with no ambition... (see a))

c) Andrew himself runs out of fresh material, and the game dies

d) Andrew can't keep up with modern games' graphics and the game falls behind the standard resulting in no customers

e) Andrew makes a stupid mistake like getting rid of f2p or a similar huge-scale mistake

These are the only ways I can see RS ending, and sooner or later, one of them will inevitably happen... nothing lasts forever anyway.

Iantiger

newsig4ty.jpg

Retired Tip It Moderator | Zybez Radio DJ - Listen Here

Well, we'd all love it if at least when Gower shut Runescape down, he would leave the unupdated website up so we could achieve some last goals.. Even though the game would get boring after a while and Gower would have no reason to pay for the website..and I will bet anything someday Runescape will become members only.

i sent a message to jagex when i made this post. i guess ill get an answer. i just want to be able to play in collage when i hav my own computer :wink:

college is for studying so that u might actually have a life instead of playing this game whenever u can :roll: And if runescape shuts down, no one will care. people will realize that its just a game and will do something A LOT better with their time.

knightsoforderse9.png

...And this is why?

I believe UO and Everquest have been around for roughly Ten years. I was told UO (I think it was ultima oline...I forget..) came out around 93-94. It's 2005 now...That's 11 or 12 years. And Everquest came out a couple years later...

And whoever said they're not making millions of dollars...Boy, you're a funny character...200,000 subscribers, $5 a month, thats a million bucks right there. I don't care how much their servers cost, they're making a lot. They have like 30 employee's, whom I'm sure make an average of $30,000 a year...That's $900,000. I'm aware they're in England, I'm not going to take time to translate...

$30,000?! i hope alot more... if you do a job like that in america you get like $100,000 or more a year

sigjicu0.gif

...And this is why?

$30,000?! i hope alot more... if you do a job like that in america you get like $100,000 or more a year

the dollar is worth nothing against the english pound.

knightsoforderse9.png