Wal-Mart (I hate liberals)

KnightLite

Ok, so what's the buisiness about anti-walmart? Walmart is run by Republicans, so Is this why the left wing media has come down on them? I just got a chain letter asking people not to buy products from walmart, because it helps support Operation Iraqi Freedom.

:roll: :roll:

One of the most pathetic things I've ever heard.

- Only character in Runescape History maxed out in RSC and RS2

x843.png

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so what's the buisiness about anti-walmart? Walmart is run by Republicans, so Is this why the left wing media has come down on them? I just got a chain letter asking people not to buy products from walmart, because it helps support Operation Iraqi Freedom.

:roll: :roll:

One of the most pathetic things I've ever heard.

it is kinda stupid, an entire state could stop shopping at wal mart and they would still make over 10 billion in profits.

Leylen.png

Boycotting wal-mart because it supports republicans is really stupid, you've been talking to lower quality liberals. I hate those people too. They give the rest of us a bad name :lol:

I think the reason many people (liberals or not) don't like shopping at wal-mart is because they abuse their employees.

And yeah, it looks like there are some right-wing/left-wing clashes involving unions and stuff also, but pretty much, they don't respect their employees and so people don't buy their stuff.

finalsig9wq.gif

They can abuse their emplyees all they want as long as I keep getting cheap prices.

ps: I have nothing against liberals or conservatives. They're both wrong in places. The only liberals I don't like are the in-your-face "zomg hitlaaaar bush!!1one!" kinds.

I just don't get it why everything is labeled "left" or "right wing" or "liberal", "conservative", etc. in USA. It's pathetic.

In Europe when the people boycott something, they have a reason to do so (i.e. the company supports a dictator who tortures his people). Not because they have an urge to label everything with a political tag.

Woow thats is pretty stupid. You can't stop just through some chain mail, that just stupid. They are getting might desprate. Walmart is huge there is no way they can stop people from shoping there, if Walmart was a country i belive it would be the 13th largest importer in the world. :shock: (says my econ teacher, so i assume he is right)

dangermouse01sy3.jpg

Visit my DeviantArt Page at http://vladmoney.deviantart.com

Woow thats is pretty stupid. You can't stop just through some chain mail, that just stupid. They are getting might desprate. Walmart is huge there is no way they can stop people from shoping there, if Walmart was a country i belive it would be the 13th largest importer in the world. :shock: (says my econ teacher, so i assume he is right)

That's about true, but by now it would be probably ranked even higher, about 11th or so. Everquest's economy (if it was a country) ranks around 40 according to Wall Street Journal, therefore passing a huge amount of 'real' countries'.

I hate stereotypes. I am a conservative who has many issues with Walmart. You dont even want me to start on that subject.

Added clarification. I am not against walmart because of the war in Iraq. I support my president's decisions, I support the troops who are fighting there. I still hate walmart. :wink:

jfroggy

Guest GhostRanger
I just don't get it why everything is labeled "left" or "right wing" or "liberal", "conservative", etc. in USA. It's pathetic.

In Europe when the people boycott something, they have a reason to do so (i.e. the company supports a dictator who tortures his people). Not because they have an urge to label everything with a political tag.

Did you read why the boycott is there? It's a boycott because Wal-Mart support the Iraqi war. The author of the post made it about liberals, the boycott did not. I know several conservatives who don't support the war and I know several people from Europe (including some professors of mine) who are always intent on labeling me a "stupid Republican" because I might agree with Republican issues. Its not just in America. The difference, in European countries there are lots and lots of parties to belong to instead of the just the big two parties in America.

I don't shop at Wal-Mart because there are always lines, even if its 3 in the morning.

wal-mart also pushes the smaller "ma n pa" shops out of business because wal-mart can afford to sell the same items for alot less.

personally in my town, i know of at least 3 shops that wal-mart put out of business :?

160vy.png

In England, we have a similar company. It's called Tescos. They've driven loads of small business' out of business (including one of my families best friends, who lost his grocers because he could keep his prices low enough to match tescos and still earn enough to pay his rent), yet no one plans on boycotting them. Largely because they've been wise enough to stay out of politics.

The problem with America is that everything (and I mean absolutely everything) is politicised. It's like in Belfast, where everything in religious. In America, you're either Democratic or Republican, both side's believe they're the right ones, and neither side will talk to each other or ocmpromise. In Belfast, you're either Protestant or Catholic, and again, neither side will talk to each other. Although I don't think it's got to the stage where you will be shot if you wear the wrong colour in the wrong street, as in Belfast. Hopefully it won't get that bad, but the last election was fairly hot, so we never know...

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

Say if Kmart were left wing, and decided as a corporation(doubtful, but this is hypothetical) to speak out against the war on Iraq, right wing conservatives would boycott in a heartbeat. It's the truth.

While I consider myself more a conservative, it's not fair to criticize the left wing for boycotting a company that has different ideals than them. Frankly, if the people were switched, you'd see virtually the same response.

tomato1ry.png

Say if Kmart were left wing, and decided as a corporation(doubtful, but this is hypothetical) to speak out against the war on Iraq, right wing conservatives would boycott in a heartbeat. It's the truth.

While I consider myself more a conservative, it's not fair to criticize the left wing for boycotting a company that has different ideals than them. Frankly, if the people were switched, you'd see virtually the same response.

good point. and true

jfroggy

Guest GhostRanger

Exactly. There are plenty of groups (AFA) that boycott Procter and Gamble because of their left wing activism. That's just how it works.

In England, we have a similar company. It's called Tescos. They've driven loads of small business' out of business (including one of my families best friends, who lost his grocers because he could keep his prices low enough to match tescos and still earn enough to pay his rent), yet no one plans on boycotting them. Largely because they've been wise enough to stay out of politics.

Tesco's are nothing like that, Tesco's are utter b*stards to their suppliers because they just give back the items they don't sell at the end of the order. But they don't actually attempt to put people out of business, they are not as monopolistic as they may seem. They probably as you said have put a large number of small business' out of business but they don't go out to do that like other people like microsoft ( I'm not a microsoft hater, I do use IE not Firefox and I don't buy anything but microsoft so please no one say "Oh god you're one of those nerdy ms haters" )

Why can't we just stop the boycotting and Fahrenheit 911ing?

Michael Moore, I bet he'll make a crappy documentary out of this one too...

Ummmm I think there is a slight difference from going to a shop because it supports a different country to question why 2 sick kids went into a school and shot at everyone and why a country invaded another with no evidence to back up their reasoning...

Yeah, Tesco's isn't a walmart, but it's the best british example we have. And the being evil to your suppliers is inherent in every supermarket, that's how they keep the prices down.

I haven't seen Farenheit 9/11, but I see where Micheal Moore's coming from. There is something wrong with a country when they blame video games and rock music for kids shooting each other, rather than the fact that they had access to guns. In England, we have the exact same games and music as america, yet we have far less gun crime. I think there might be a reason for that.

Oh, and don't stop boycotting and protesting. Politcal apathy is never productive in a democracy. I'm not sure how America can still call itself a democracy. In the last election, the turnout was around 66% or something? And you called that good. In England, that's low enough to force another election. Hell, in the Ukraine, that's low enough to force a new election. And yet in the US that's a HIGH voter turnout? Something's wrong with your ideas of democracy people.

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

I will say this one time and one time only. Liberals are as screwed up as a soup sandwich.

mmm tasty. I find that quite insulting. I consider myself a 'middle-left' person. I'm a Christian, and as such hold some fairly right wing views about things like marriage, which in America would make me an Ultraconservative. Yet I also believe that it is not right that workers slave for a pittance to make trainers which Nike then sells for a huge profit. I don't believe it's fair that coffee farmers are forced to sell their coffee at prices that will mean their children will not eat for 3 days out of 7 because of heavy subsidies by western nations. I do not believe it is right that there is such mass widespread poverty when for a relatively tiny sum the westen countries can save millions of lifes. This, in America, would make a Democrat/liberal. In England, I'm known as an Evangelical. I go by the principles of the Bible (which says more about helping the poor than making money, which I wish some people would take note of). if I were american, I would vote democrat. yeah, based on my 'seemingly' conflicting views (which don't actually conflict, I probably just didn't explain properly), I am as screwed up as a soup sandwich.

But I would like to know why believing that it is morally wrong that 6 children have died of preventable diseases while you have been reading this post, makes you as screwed as a soup sandwhich? If wanting what is right for the world as a whole, not just yourself, is screwed as a soup sandwich, then I must be incredibly soggy.

mayjest.png

Guest GhostRanger

Why can't we just stop the boycotting and Fahrenheit 911ing?

Michael Moore, I bet he'll make a crappy documentary out of this one too...

Ummmm I think there is a slight difference from going to a shop because it supports a different country to question why 2 sick kids went into a school and shot at everyone and why a country invaded another with no evidence to back up their reasoning...

Michael Moore is a propagandist whom even the DNC dismissed when they realized his absurd claims were hurting their party. I feel sorry for you not being able to differentiate between facts and propaganda even when you support the Democratic Left.

I will say this one time and one time only. Liberals are as screwed up as a soup sandwich.

mmm tasty. I find that quite insulting. I consider myself a 'middle-left' person. I'm a Christian, and as such hold some fairly right wing views about things like marriage, which in America would make me an Ultraconservative. Yet I also believe that it is not right that workers slave for a pittance to make trainers which Nike then sells for a huge profit. I don't believe it's fair that coffee farmers are forced to sell their coffee at prices that will mean their children will not eat for 3 days out of 7 because of heavy subsidies by western nations. I do not believe it is right that there is such mass widespread poverty when for a relatively tiny sum the westen countries can save millions of lifes. This, in America, would make a Democrat/liberal. In England, I'm known as an Evangelical. I go by the principles of the Bible (which says more about helping the poor than making money, which I wish some people would take note of). if I were american, I would vote democrat. yeah, based on my 'seemingly' conflicting views (which don't actually conflict, I probably just didn't explain properly), I am as screwed up as a soup sandwich.

But I would like to know why believing that it is morally wrong that 6 children have died of preventable diseases while you have been reading this post, makes you as screwed as a soup sandwhich? If wanting what is right for the world as a whole, not just yourself, is screwed as a soup sandwich, then I must be incredibly soggy.

#1 The US is not a democracy. #2 If you are talking about coffee farmers from other countries then I'm not sure what you are saying, because noone really grows coffee in the US that I know of so there is no helping out of in country coffee farmers, like other things. And I think if there were then it would not have been a republican thing.

I love how the author of this post made one generalization and posted nothing to back it up. Anyway I boycott them here in washington b/c they want to destroy the teachers union and my GF is a teacher.

In America, liberals are as screw up as a soup sandwich. The last liberal i liked was Pres. Clinton. Wonder why his wife stayed with him. Bet u it has something to do with 08 and the presidency. Al Gore "invent" the internet. Liberals are also saying one thing, then doing another. John Kerry want to brag about his purple hearts. Fact is, he earned one.

I prefer the conservative way of thinking. Its wrong when the stupid libbies stop the space race and all the stuff that could one day save us. The 6 kids u were talkin about, Its in africa so what are u euros doing about it. Dont blame the US for every stupid thing that comes up for that is wrong. And the fact u dont think stuff is right. Have u ever been there? Do u not know those people want a job desperately.

I agree that it is wrong that the they pay people that little. I also agree the Pres. Bush should make a tax out of all that stuff that comes into the US. It seems they go over there, make stuff, then sell it in the US and elseware. That stuff should be taxed and that money could go into something to help those poor kids.