Ashamed tto play?

Paaaaarker

I hate playing RS, and i hate telling my family what im doing on the computer, and so sometimes my brother stands right behind me for no reason.

And i dont want to tell my brother/family that i play it because they always ask questions about what i do about everything.

Anyone else have this problem?

I hate playing RS, and i hate telling my family what im doing on the computer, and so sometimes my brother stands right behind me for no reason.

And i dont want to tell my brother/family that i play it because they always ask questions about what i do about everything.

If you hate it, then why do you play it?

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

If you hate it, then why do you play it?

He means, he hates the fact that his parents bug him about it.

TipitSiggy-1.jpg

If you really like the game then tell them that. Even if they think the game is lame doesn't mean it is, it's just their personal opinion.

Don't let other people make up your mind about Runescape, don't let them "boss" you around when it comes to that. Just tell them, yea I like the game, why? Cause it's fun for me.

EDIT - Signature far exceeds our sig limits but since it's so colourful you can keep it.

I agree with potato, if you like the game just tell them, my school friends (idiots :thumbsup: ) hates runescape, and i said i liked to them and they don't make fun of me anymore.....thats cause they play tibia :thumbsup: ,lol

Not to sound like a n00b, but whats tibia?

Thank you for the advice too.

I agree with potato, if you like the game just tell them, my school friends (idiots :thumbsup: ) hates runescape, and i said i liked to them and they don't make fun of me anymore.....thats cause they play tibia :thumbsup: ,lol

Tibia

Wow, that game looks really bad. Just did a quick google search and came up with that. Damn, it's like going back ten or more years ago, 2d and everything. :lol:

But hey, don't be ashamed to play Runescape; it's just a game afterall. If people are going to think any less of you just because you play a different game then the rest thats pretty sad on their behalf; I wouldn't go calling them my friends.

Tibia

Wow, that game looks really bad. Just did a quick google search and came up with that. Damn, it's like going back ten or more years ago, 2d and everything. :lol:

But hey, don't be ashamed to play Runescape; it's just a game afterall. If people are going to think any less of you just because you play a different game then the rest thats pretty sad on their behalf; I wouldn't go calling them my friends.

Looks like RSC+maple story. O_o

Tibia was made using the graphics from Ultima 7, which is an amazing game for its time and it's probably way before the time of you many youngsters. Long live the Avatar.

Anyways, back to the point. You can explain to your parents that RuneScape is free (assuming you're a F2P player) and the low caliber graphics gives you good, inexpensive and harmless fun after school and after you've finished your homework. You can also bring up the point that you don't have to have an expensive console like the XBox 360 or the Wii and buy expensive games nor do you need a "super gamer computer" that's several thousand dollars to play the latest game.

Obviously there are more good points you can bring up and explain to your parents that playing RuneScape is at least keeping you away from drugs or joining gangs or whatnot.

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

Knowledge is Power; a Tip.it guide answers many commonly asked questions.

~Celestrana: Making of a Hero ~ (Visit my blog, today!)

Tibia was made using the graphics from Ultima 7, which is an amazing game for its time and it's probably way before the time of you many youngsters. Long live the Avatar.

Anyways, back to the point. You can explain to your parents that RuneScape is free (assuming you're a F2P player) and the low caliber graphics gives you good, inexpensive and harmless fun after school and after you've finished your homework. You can also bring up the point that you don't have to have an expensive console like the XBox 360 or the Wii and buy expensive games nor do you need a "super gamer computer" that's several thousand dollars to play the latest game.

Obviously there are more good points you can bring up and explain to your parents that playing RuneScape is at least keeping you away from drugs or joining gangs or whatnot.

true, but i would never join a gang, im scared to death of people like that.

Im a scrony little white kid, who dresses weird.

true, but i would never join a gang, im scared to death of people like that.

Im a scrony little white kid, who dresses weird.

If your willing to admit that then you shouldnt have a problem telling them you play rs.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

I assume the problem is your friends and family look down on RuneScape and can't figure out why you play it. Perhaps you should think deeper on why you enjoy this game (since you spend so much time on it) so you can explain it to them?

RuneScape's strengths:

Large, social, and supportative community

Flexible character development path

Large, persistent world with varieties of activities to engage in

Each quest has an unique story line and real in-game consequences

Robust, fluid economy that's designed to be player-oriented

Most armours and weaponries can be cheaply acquired

Non-linear gameplay with emphasis on self-discovery

(just things i could think off)

All I learned in life, I learned on Tip.it