2 New ideas (I think) on solving the bot problem

Make_Way4

My solution is for Jagex to create a new higher class of player mods that has the ability to ban. These would have to be VERY carefully selected and well informed of the seriousness of the responsibility. These player mods could then stake out the usual bot spots at their leisure and machine gun ban all the ppl they are fairly certain are bots, these bans would then be reviewed by Jagex to ensure no skill pures got owned in the banning. Also the mods could have some sort of tool that would allow them to view the servers data on how bot like the characters activity is. Basically the idea behind this is supplementing Jagex's mod force without them having to pay more for dedicated "bot police".

And since I know skill pures are going to throw a tantrum over this, I say take the time to make your character not look like a bot. If your too lazy to raise your lvl over lvl 3 thats your problem.

Oh wow. Something obvious just occured to me. REQUIRED BANK PINS. But of course autoers could identify the numbers. Which is why we use basic computer shortcomings to defeat that, have many different graphics for each number (like fancy 1, green 1, blue 1, etc). While they MIGHT find a way around this, judging by how computers identify faces etc., this would totally kill the bots as half the time they would get stuck on the bank pin. It wouldn't be that big of an inconvenience and would help the game alot.

I'm thinking the bank pin ones better, and both need major tweeking to make them feasible but I was thinking fast so bear with me. Variations welcome

and a little activity to spark creativity/humor since this is an annoying subject: everyone posts their personal reason for hating bots at the end of their post

personal reason for hating bots:

bots in the mining guild = :wall:

I don't really like the first idea, but the second idea should work fine. Not only does it protect lower lvls that don't know how to protect their accounts, but it also slows down autoers.

However, this solution is kinda flawed in that you only have to enter the pin number in the first time you log in. Give the fact that bots tend not to log out over long periods of time, an actual user could just enter in the pin the first time it logs in.

Perhaps adding in a amount of time before forcing a logout?

~Ddaanniiellh

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

Hm yeah, a forced logout after 12 hours wouldnt be a bad idea. Nobody plays for 12 hours straight who isn't a bot. :P
Sadly, I've done that b4...and so has other people. But a forced logout after 12 hrs wouldn't be a bad idea...make people take a break, if they are playing that long.

~Ddaanniiellh

2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

an allright idea, but the bots would just wait and then log in again. there would always be bots around in runescape, but it would significantly reduce the time that bots would be on. and the amouts of the bots around the yews. jagex can only do so much with the randoms. i followed a bot around for about 12 hrs, and it was boring, but when i logged out, the bot continued. and i remembered the username, and when i logged in, guess who i saw. him. again. serious bot problem, jagex!

O.mirzan-O.mirzan.gif

d drops/ legs(0) chain (0) axes (0) skirts (0) meds(0)/ visage! (0)/ rings (0)

-My Blog! Don't forget to post!

I would actually lower the 12-hour cut-off to 8 hours. I really doubt too many people play even this long nonstop. And if they do, its a flashing message that says 'go read a book or you'll burn your brain out!!!'

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

SLAYERGEEK

Hm yeah, a forced logout after 12 hours wouldnt be a bad idea. Nobody plays for 12 hours straight who isn't a bot. :P

ive played for 12 hours straight. but i had a really bad headache afterword.

i dont like the first idea for a few reasons:

-what if they accidently click another character

-what if its just a lvl 3 person cutting down a tree.

-people seem to think that just because they are lvl 3 and cutting down a tree/mining a rock means their autoers!

but i support the other idea.

x_hetcher_x.png

Support the Note page! And support my chat too! X Hetcher X chat. You talk and stuff.. and help people too! Its a social channel and a help channel. :P

lvl 3 skillers wont throw a tantrum... its ovious when there skill pure. for example.

Bot name = djhga125

Bot Clothes = Default

Skiller Name = Pur3 Sk1ll3r (sorry if this is your name, i just made it up)

Skiller Clothes = Usually good items, if not... they wont be default clothes

ArchSupport.png

lvl 3 skillers wont throw a tantrum... its ovious when there skill pure. for example.

Bot name = djhga125

Bot Clothes = Default

Skiller Name = Pur3 Sk1ll3r (sorry if this is your name, i just made it up)

Skiller Clothes = Usually good items, if not... they wont be default clothes

I dont really agree to what u said , there are many bots ive seen without default hair.

Well , ive seen some bots with other outfits , and what if they are wearing random event clothes :uhh:

zuzmo.png

collio.png

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

Never gonna give you up.[/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

This wont work. Mostly becuase bots are half people. REAL people bank them. and bring them back to the destination. Only thing automated would be them cutting mining ect. Bank pins will never happen becuase bots dont use pins and if they made it for everyone then people would forget. 12/8 hour log out thing is point less. Bots arnt on that long either. even if they would they'd just log back in. Nice try. =/

hotchickqp0.png

nadrunecraftingarmywz0.png

This wont work. Mostly becuase bots are half people. REAL people bank them. and bring them back to the destination. Only thing automated would be them cutting mining ect. Bank pins will never happen becuase bots dont use pins and if they made it for everyone then people would forget. 12/8 hour log out thing is point less. Bots arnt on that long either. even if they would they'd just log back in. Nice try. =/

If you can't remember a 4-number sequence, I highly doubt you are playing this game.

Cowmasta13.png

Sadly thats not true, the entire process is automated...it would be too much work if they needed a human player to bank etc.

Also, you misread him saying about the forced logout. If a Bank PIN is required, and you would need to type it in everytime, then a human would be required, perhaps making the bot business less worth it.

~Ddaanniiellh

2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!