i want to be a member!!!

kburts

you click the big button that says subscribe for membership, fill out the forms correctly, and click the big button again. if you need to get runescape members so bad, put it as the only thing on your christmas list and act bored with everything else, it works on everything, even permission to date.

sonerohi.gifimage,p0wn,orange,lblue.png

u got duel arena bounty hunting, clan wars and bank space. theres not much more in p2p

Not true, there's a lot more to do in members than free to play, you're just being negative and trying to make him go with your idea, which is not the right thing to do.

As for your membership, if you have a bank account, you can send a check I think.

If you can get access with a mailbox, stamp, enevlope, and can print one page all per month, then you can get members.

Downside is that you'll pay $8 instead of five and you'll need to hide the money well between the required paper so the postal people won't jack you money. -.-

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

If you can get access with a mailbox, stamp, enevlope, and can print one page all per month, then you can get members.

Downside is that you'll pay $8 instead of five and you'll need to hide the money well between the required paper so the postal people won't jack you money. -.-

Indeed. When I mailed a kitty in a well-sealed box to my friend in Russia, all they received were bones and rotted meat. Mailman jacked mah kitty :(

sonerohi.gifimage,p0wn,orange,lblue.png

Indeed. When I mailed a kitty in a well-sealed box to my friend in Russia, all they received were bones and rotted meat. Mailman jacked mah kitty :(

I haven't laughed so hard in a while.

On topic: Just ask them, and say you'll do extra chores around the house.

i want to know how to convince your parents to let me BECOME a member, i am even willing to pay my own money... I'm thet desprate!!!

i know that normally it's not cool to quote your own text, but i just wanted to add that my computer isn't very good, and my brother was just allowed to buy a NEW computer for a large sum of money

yoshimario.gif

Siggy updated (Aug 23, 2008 9:30 AM)

My Photobucket

How computer literate are your parents, and how much on-line experience do they have?

I am a parent of 2 boys, and we all play. My older son and I are members, my younger son is just not into it enough to warrant a membership, but would get it for him if he played more.

But anyway, I find a lot of my friends, since we did not grow up with computers and the internet, are not into computers, don't understand the whole attraction, and frankly are afraid of the internet. With all the stories you hear of on-line predators and identity theft, many people just prefer to avoid the whole problem.

My advice to you as a parent, is try to have a rational, mature conversation about why they won't let you be a member. Find out what there true concerns are and then try to find information to educate them or support your position. Let them read the Runescape home page so they know what it's all about. Whatever you do, don't cop an attitude with them, remain calm and try to offer counter arguments to their concerns. If they are concerned about grades, make an agreement where if you don't keep your grades up they cancel, offer to make a limit on yourself to only play a certain amoumt each day if time permits. If they see you are trying to be mature, and really want this, maybe they will give it a try. Don't whine, don't beg, DO NOT get an attititude....we parents hate that ....just try to be rational and maintain your cool even if they so no at first.If you have any friends that are members, maybe they could talk to their parents.

Now I say this not knowing you at all ...you have to take a look at yourself as well....do you get good grades? do your chores? are you respectful to your parents? stay out of trouble? Do you whine and throw fits when you don't get your way? You don't have to answer here ...answer yourself honestly ...maybe some of the reason lies with you?

mak_1027.png

How computer literate are your parents, and how much on-line experience do they have?

I am a parent of 2 boys, and we all play. My older son and I are members, my younger son is just not into it enough to warrant a membership, but would get it for him if he played more.

But anyway, I find a lot of my friends, since we did not grow up with computers and the internet, are not into computers, don't understand the whole attraction, and frankly are afraid of the internet. With all the stories you hear of on-line predators and identity theft, many people just prefer to avoid the whole problem.

My advice to you as a parent, is try to have a rational, mature conversation about why they won't let you be a member. Find out what there true concerns are and then try to find information to educate them or support your position. Let them read the Runescape home page so they know what it's all about. Whatever you do, don't cop an attitude with them, remain calm and try to offer counter arguments to their concerns. If they are concerned about grades, make an agreement where if you don't keep your grades up they cancel, offer to make a limit on yourself to only play a certain amoumt each day if time permits. If they see you are trying to be mature, and really want this, maybe they will give it a try. Don't whine, don't beg, DO NOT get an attititude....we parents hate that ....just try to be rational and maintain your cool even if they so no at first.If you have any friends that are members, maybe they could talk to their parents.

Now I say this not knowing you at all ...you have to take a look at yourself as well....do you get good grades? do your chores? are you respectful to your parents? stay out of trouble? Do you whine and throw fits when you don't get your way? You don't have to answer here ...answer yourself honestly ...maybe some of the reason lies with you?

I wish you were MY father ! LOL

• 2 weeks later...

I see too many of these topics and its kind of ridiculous. Why doesnt someone make a sticky or a guide on how to becoma member (I.e the various methods of payment) and how to educate your guardian about what this site is and how safe it is and what not.

Ad my advice to you is not to go behind your parents backs, i have and i got busted.... JUst talk to them and let them know whats up calmy and don't throw in an attitude, it just makes things worse.

PunkSig.jpg

punk_wise.png

punk_wise.png