Sara sword worth it? + slayer equipment

mujammil

Just a really simple question is it really worth the 22m it is for a +16 more str bonus than a scim, this may sound wierd but i would like bad thoughts on this as it will save me a HELL of a lot of rcing. I mean what are the pros, i could just use a d scim with a rune defender if i wanted, is it really all that? if not ill just use the restr of the 30k ess i have make them into laws, sell them and then buy, full guthans black mask cannon c balls full ahrims and just buy 20 more k maples so i can get 99 fm.

This will be the equipment i have am i missing anything?

N helm and black mask

Guthans chainbody and fighter torso and ahrim robe top

Guthans chainskirt dragon legs and ahrim robe bottem

Drag boots infinity boots

Barrow gloves

Amulet of glory

Rune defender and obby shield

99 FM cape

Guthans spear, whip and d scim ROW

Cannon and 10k c balls

Lots of pots and some food.

Bear in mind i already have range equiptment, so is there anything else im missing? thanks.

~Muj~

MujGunGetDiv.png

Have you considered the DFS with dragon scimmy instead of saradomin sword. The DFS gives a +7 str bonus and when fully charged is the best shield in the game.

Another thing is imo str isnt really essential, like my long term goals right now are 90 DEF and ATT with only 80 STR. So you could just use a whip with DFS maybe after you get 80 STR if you wanted.

In terms of your equipment it seems good but i would swap the glory for a fury, i think it gives a +8 str bonus (?) but also good DEF stats. Furies also seem pretty stable in terms of their price, the only time i have ever seen a significant fall in them was the unlimited stock shop update.

Hope those are bad enough thoughts for you and good luck with slayer

Like i said im short in terms of cash =/ and tbh i'm sorta tired of rcing lol if there was something besides rcing that gave me a income of 350k per hour which i could have done in the hold then yh i would get a DFS always wanted one but the thing is cash... if there is anything that won't bore me to death that provides atleast 350k+ a hour i could play 120 hours in hols and make a good 42m ish then buy a DFS, but the thing is, is there?

EDIT: would lie lots of advice but gotta got to sleep now, Goodnight =]

~Muj~

MujGunGetDiv.png

Like i said im short in terms of cash =/ and tbh i'm sorta tired of rcing lol if there was something besides rcing that gave me a income of 350k per hour which i could have done in the hold then yh i would get a DFS always wanted one but the thing is cash... if there is anything that won't bore me to death that provides atleast 350k+ a hour i could play 120 hours in hols and make a good 42m ish then buy a DFS, but the thing is, is there?

~Muj~

Really your in the same bot as me man, your tired or RCing, looking for a good source of income to buy some expensive items.

Really the only huge sources of income ive seen out there are monster hunting and the only one i think you could even do so far would be Dk's or barrows.

Quite randomly im around your stats and hoping to do DK's sometime, PM if you would like to go with me as im trying to find a duo mage partner

Now im going to bed =P i really can't DK as i have to frequently log off and you cannot trust me to stay on for even a hour so DK is out of the bag, and i would need guthans which i do not have atm, anytihng else, i'm really stumped really cant think of anything =/

~Muj~

MujGunGetDiv.png

Now im going to bed =P i really can't DK as i have to frequently log off and you cannot trust me to stay on for even a hour so DK is out of the bag, and i would need guthans which i do not have atm, anytihng else, i'm really stumped really cant think of anything =/

~Muj~

Then the only other option i can think of is to do Barrows to make your money and you could use Guthans as a goal. keep barrowing till you get full Guthans and Ahrims needed for slayer and sell anything else you get along the way, i would also advise getting your slayer to level 55 for magic dart.. Then barrows pretty much pays for itself in terms of runes needed for each trip.

Either way good luck getting all the gear you need.

Thanks for the support but once again, barrows is also kinda dead with the prices dropping so much, and also i do have a kinda laggy connection so im still stumped =/ i have a 2 week holiday and can play at the least 6 hours a day, so i just need something providing atleast 350k/h, any ideas?

~Muj~

MujGunGetDiv.png

EDIT: would lie lots of advice but gotta got to sleep now, Goodnight =]

~Muj~

Aviansies/Barrows

sig.gif

i have had the saradomin sword and the dfs, and i say, if you plan to do ALOT of str training, then yes, ss is worth it. its basically a 2handed whip that can train str, and will me MUCH faster than d sim thanks to the accuracy and strength bonuses. plus it has kewl magic lightning spec \'

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

How you gonna have a 99 FM cape with 58 firemaking?

Sorry if I missed summat obvious, like your stat sig being months out of date, but just wondering...

Don't follow me. You might not make it.

All your accounts are belong to us now.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator

How you gonna have a 99 FM cape with 58 firemaking?

Sorry if I missed summat obvious, like your stat sig being months out of date, but just wondering...

Read his post before posting.

Also you could use whip on controlled.

Palas1.png

saradomin sword is like a whip (with +2 pray)

pros

same speed and stats as whip (+2 pray though)

nice special

looks like a godsword

you can use str on this sword

cons

its a 2h

cost 21x amont of a whip

well thats all i can think of

trojen100.png

trojen100.png

99 wc come on :) seems so far

70 construction too close :D

RC'in and monster hunting are the only 350k/hour things in the game. :?

Its just one of those things you gotta do. Just gotta get down and dirty and do it for the sake of your other goals. I mean I don't want to RC either but I sure as heck can see myself doing it to get 99 pray and a Party hat, 2 of my other goals.

Unlike you though, I have alot more options on monster hunting though because I'm higher combat.

Also, if getting a sara sword is going to burn holes into your pixel pockets, then why not just get a d scimmy (i prefer long :-# ) and train slayer until you can come close to getting a sara sword.

I like Kranked's idea of barrowing until you can get the items you want, maybe not all of them but some of them. Also, don't worry about barrow prices, although they are on the lower end, they do add up quite quickly. All it takes is a v helm and guth spear and your rolling around in 5-6m. Which is a fourth of a sara sword cost. I am sure barrowing some money would take a month or 2, but in the end it would probably be worth it. The runes and bolt racks would keep adding up and the odd d med will be a quick 100k. So hey, its pretty worth it I would say. Plus you could get some of the barrow items you want for slayer(Guthans and Ahrims[? I dont mage while doing slayer :oops: ])

I know you said you have a bad connection but yea you could at least give it a stab.

BTW with your 2 week holiday coming up, doesn't that mean you can stay on for more than an hour at a time? I would definatly advise giving DK's a try. And you don't even have to go through the pain of finding a partner as you have one in this forum. :-k

----

Thats just my 2 cents (more like a dollar but eh, short and sweet never was my thing)

Apparently, my signature was to big.

Thanks for the long detailed answer ultimate =] but yh arent i too low of a level to DK ? anyway im probably going to get everyting cept sara sword with the cash i already have and just slay till i can afford a sara sword =/ but yh thanks for the input but once agian, just to be sure are aviansies dead.

EDIT: im starting to rethink dking =/ i mean how hard is duo maging? and also heard you could stand in one spot and just range with a c bow, could i not do that and still reak good profits? anyway if i had say 56 prayer and 70 def with full guthans could i DK at my low cmb level?

Lots of thanks =]

~Muj~

MujGunGetDiv.png

BUMP just relised i can't use abyss to craft laws =/ so now im back to nats and cosmics -.- lots of people are saying do nats because theyre gonna shoot back up in 2 weeks, is that true?

~Muj~

Im guessing the reason you cant craft laws is due to troll stronghold quest not been done?..... if so it is a very easy quest do and worth it.

That thing on people saying stuff about nats..... speculation -.- . Jagex hasnt mentioned anything yet on what runes will be needed so my advice is to build up a stack of about 10k of every decent rune such as Cosmics... Laws... Natures... Chaos and if you can make deaths that would be a good idea aswell because when summoning comes out if it dos use any of those runes all of a sudden there will be great demand for a product where theres not much quantity...... But then again we dont even know if summoning will use runes so your kinda stumped there

But even if it dosnt use runes you would then have a hell of alot of magic exp sitting in your bank :thumbsup:

Thanks for the long detailed answer ultimate =] but yh arent i too low of a level to DK ? anyway im probably going to get everyting cept sara sword with the cash i already have and just slay till i can afford a sara sword =/ but yh thanks for the input but once agian, just to be sure are aviansies dead.

EDIT: im starting to rethink dking =/ i mean how hard is duo maging? and also heard you could stand in one spot and just range with a c bow, could i not do that and still reak good profits? anyway if i had say 56 prayer and 70 def with full guthans could i DK at my low cmb level?

Lots of thanks =]

~Muj~

Im pretty sure you could DK without Guthans but you wouldnt last as long.. for example if you look at tip.it guide the less risk armour used is full rune and also since you dont have 55 slayer you cant use magic dart which seems to be the most common spell used against DK's