Ha-Lets see how "strong" these ghosts are.

SierraNight

worst to cop it are F2P because apparently you can become poisoned by them. but wait, F2P dont have anti pots! (oh dear you are boned)

Hi Dark_Aura,

*Gulp*

I'm beginning to see that these monsters were created for fighting players with all the abilities and resources of Members.

It does seem unfair that F2P players are being faced with the same level of danger as Members, but they must do so without any of the means necessary to fight a fair fight, or get any decent rewards for braving such danger.

Regards,

Fey.

feywarriorgreenlu9.gif

banneruh3.jpg

While I'm not sure they should nerf them at all (this place is meant to be risky after all) they need decent rewards that makes taking them on worth the risk of dying

That's a pointless idea. Right now, there's no reason to go into the wilderness because you won't survive a long trip. If revenants are given greater rewards but NOT nerfed, then the only possible reason to go into the wilderness would be to kill revenants. This doesn't change the fact that green dragon slaying, agility training, and clue solving is now impossible if you run into a high level revenant.

When I kill green dragons, I take perhaps 3 lobsters for a full load of dragonhides (i'm combat level 104). I tried killing green dragons 4 times today, and survived 0 of the trips into the wilderness for over 5 minutes. I managed to get my stuff back thanks to the gravestones, but that doesn't change the fact that green dragons are even harder to train on now than they were when I had to compete with pkers and green dragon bots.

shoelacesareuntiedti8.jpg

Proud owner of a Quest cape!

Up till now, I still don't get the big deal with these guys. I train in wildy all the time and get attacked by them all the time. Mostly I only carry a dds and a couple trout. The revenants do nothing but splat on you and occasionally hit a high one; even so I get a greater challenge out of lesser demons.

I think most of you getting hurt by these guys really need to increase your combat lvl and get better weapons, simple as that.

I think most of you getting hurt by these guys really need to increase your combat lvl and get better weapons, simple as that.

Ok, tell me how I can upgrade my combat over 126 in f2p, because they are trashing that level players from what I hear.

reportbuttanerfb6.gifnewscape450x35fa3.gif

they really do fu**ing own!

everything is fine until you run out of running energy, they just chase you to the very end,

if you are solo in wilderness there's and you run into the right ghost, YOUR DEAD, or at least spend your food in a good way...

I saw level 40 guy at the grand exchange, he was asking what the green splats meant thta were 'killing him'. when I said he needed an anti-poison potion he didnt have a clue. So he was either poisoned by a revenant or just had momentary amnesia :P

Legil_galad2.png

Woodcutting does not raise your combat level because most people do not play as yew trees.

i dont see the piont of theese they are a problem at the rune rocksyou cant stay in one place very long or your toast dont try to kill them they just heal theirselves pnce they get half hpi dont like them i dont think nobody does

Iwatch_po12n.png

dk drops- 35 x dragon hatchet 35 x berserker ring 37 x warrior ring

Dragon drops- 4x left half 2 x med helm 4x skirt 2 x legs 4x shard 9 x claws

Bandos drops-6x Tassets 2x boots 4x chestplate 1x hilt[/color]

these things are ridiculous...

I used to train on the greater demons (former toughest monsters in F2P) for a bit of a challenge, so when I heard about this I thought "oh bingo, i can take on something real tough and test myself"

i bought what i think is the best F2P anti revenant gear (full green dhide with the other armor slots rune and a rune scim) and found a revenant demon (lv 98 i think)

right off the bat, 22... oh dear, im in trouble. gobble lobsters. get hit again, gobble lobsters. a 0! yeeeeees! i hit back, a 10. revenant heals.

this continued for a few minutes until i realised i was out of prayer and food. time to run? too late. he followed me, froze me, killed me.

i lost maybe 25k worth of stuff, not a huge deal. but i also lost my dignity :cry: i think the revenants' combat levels are done as if they were pures in each point of the triangle (so a lv 98 demon hits magc like a lvl 98 mage pure, range like a lvl 98 range pure and melee like a lvl 98 strength pure)

so its like being attacked by a team of really high level pures that happen to have a whole ton of monkfish (in f2p) and abby whips and full ahrims and black dhide or whatever the current top notch member range gear is at the moment.. basically its mean and horrible and i dont like it <.<

phew, ive got that out of my system now (good thing there's a forum for this sort of thing)

-and for the record my character is 82 cb, which is more than enough to take on a non freakish lvl 98 monster

Since my first post on this thread, I've been purposely hunting down these Reverants to see if they were possible to kill in f2p. At level 86, the strongest I could kill was the level 68 vampire. Even with an 18 level combat difference I ended up using 24 lobbies and all my of prayer (53). After every kill another Reverant seemed to appear and attack you.

These aren't good examples of pkers in f2p, because no level 68 could hit 20's with mage, freeze and tb you. They are fun to hunt down though, and test your skills against.

I think Sizigy might be the only one who can kill the level 126s. 9ctpe6 who is in the top 200 f2p and level 121 cmb had died 3 or 4 times trying to solo a level 126 revenants and has died each time. And yes, they are definitely overpowered in f2p.

happysigbp0.jpg

I steped out of clan wars by accident and got hit a 20 and then a 15. The worst part is, the things have such long range, I couldn't even see it. I doubt anyone can take down the strongest ones in f2p.

me and my c;an where with 10 persons killing these revs in 45 wildy, next to greters, we killed about 7 or 8, and then i got p00ned -.-'