Ha-Lets see how "strong" these ghosts are.

SierraNight

Well after at least 2 years of never leaving the Ice caves (except for a lobby run) I decided hey, lets try the wild out for a change, kill some greaters and call it a day. Now I'm level 103 (in the 60's when i entered the ice caves or it seems that way). I'm passing along through no problem and i get my first one. It fires a shot, 0 and i pass along by it. I get to level 46 and this is where it got out of control. I get greeted by another one, no idea the level, but a wolf' and I though ok I'll take it on. First hit on me, 20 right off the bat. My mind is not usually seeing 20's hit so i thought, hey a fluke. Next hit 17. Sword fish down, next hit 12. Then I thought, what the heck is the point of this. I bolt, and continued to get 3 8's and 2 hit as I'm running away. Now I've been here since the start or near close. (ie. me selling my purple cape for 40k and everyone saying cabbage), but that was just crazy. Next time I want a slapping like that I'll fight a dragon without a shield bare fisted. I do not know if I caught a rouge or what but christ. Thanks to whoever made those, I'll return to my ice caves for the upcoming years to lick my wounds

SierraKnight

Me and my friend, Rassert, went strolling through the wildi yesterday evening to explore and see how much those wildi capes were from one of those insane fat guys who wander around with a bag on his back :P

Now i met him up near the clan wars portals but before that i ran into a Revenant Pyrefiend but it didn't even attack me, despite it being about 20 cb levels above me. So i thought fair enough. (This was in about level 12 wildi)

Anyway i meet up with Rassy and we go along the road talking to Pkers who could of easily killed us both. I seem to have a way with them that makes them not attack me. Oh well. Anyway we got upto the fishing spots on the east coast and were discussing how mad fishermen must be to come up here and fish. (That's how relaxed we are in the wild) So we spent a few minutes discussing why anyone would want to fish up here.

And then we see a little yellow dot so we both shut up and watch it approach us. It was a revenant Hobogoblin. And to my releif it was weaker than the Pyrefiend that i told you about earlier. But then it attacked my dear friend and hit a 17! I thought that was mental so i shouted for him to run and we did. But then it "froze" him and attacked him some more using a barrage of 11's and 17's. Anyway i waited for him to unfreeze but it took a while. Then he said the classic line "Go on without me!" So being the gentleman i am, i ran. Now i saw my friend get owned by that freak and then it focused it's attention to me. Now i have 38 hp and if encounter something that hits 17 and 11 and can freeze you then i have little hope.

Yep you guessed it, it owned me. But not after i had run through to level 18 wildi. Yes i ran a hell of a long way and it refused to let me go. I thought it would stop chasing after about 4 levels down (which would be level 35 i think) but no it followed me down for 21 levels.

I was disgusted at this update. What's the fun in the wildi now? Even if your not a Pker? At first i thought the update was OK and that the Pkers should stop complaining because they still have plenty of room left to fight. But now thanks to these freaky revenants i can see why Pkers have no where left to go.

Now i hope my large, true, post hasn't bored you but i like to go into detail. :D

Anyway in conclusion i completely agree with the maker of this thread. (I don't know why i couldn't of said that instead of re-telling last night...)

/m\_(-.-)_/m\

"The sort of twee person who thinks swearing is any way a sign of lack of education or of a lack of verbal interest is just [bleep]ing lunacy" ~ Stephen Fry

LuMengjr.jpg

I made a litlle test actually, and I found out that theese "things" can hit over 18 easilly, quite frequently, trough full green dragonhide, steel skin prayer and protect from magic prayer... Not even a friggin level 120 did that to me with full addy, steel skin and protect from melee...

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

they's are powerful. rev' 108 ork chased me from greater demon (lv 45) all the way to clan wars where the noobie ghost got piled by at last 50 players (lv 20 wildy and boy did he learn his lesson) now i understood that there ment to be powerful but constant 18+ is even higher then the pk'ers i fought before hand and i wore nothing then! :XD:

and LiChef; i dunno, i do fancy a story ::'

Popoto.~<3

Now i met him up near the clan wars portals but before that i ran into a Revenant Pyrefiend but it didn't even attack me, despite it being about 20 cb levels above me. So i thought fair enough. (This was in about level 12 wildi)

Wilderness rules still apply, just think of the revenant as new pkers, and use the difference between your combat levels and the level of wilderness you're in the same as always.

But yea, when you get to higher wilderness levels, the mobs up near the top will destroy you in seconds.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I steped out of clan wars by accident and got hit a 20 and then a 15. The worst part is, the things have such long range, I couldn't even see it. I doubt anyone can take down the strongest ones in f2p.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

They are quite a reasonable replacement to "pkers". I've found they differ in two ways. First, they do not use the same strategies humans would like hanging around popular areas (rune rocks, abyss, etc). Secondly, they fight with 'computer precession' meaning when you put on a protection prayer they change their attack style to compensate instantly which makes them a fearsome opponent.

and LiChef; i dunno, i do fancy a story

I'll gie you the benefit of the doubt here and hope you weren't suggesting i was lying. This is a great update, if they want the wilderness to be an abandoned area.

/m\_(-.-)_/m\

"The sort of twee person who thinks swearing is any way a sign of lack of education or of a lack of verbal interest is just [bleep]ing lunacy" ~ Stephen Fry

LuMengjr.jpg

i was hit by a lvl 126 dark beast at rune rocks. It was a 34! How can i survive a hit like that? I was wearing full dhide. I have 75 hp and so almost half is gone. Then I get frozen and tbed. It hits two 0s and then bam! a 30. I am down to like the last 11 hp and i run away safely....or so I thought. I was at level 20 wild and I encounter a lvl 70 something ork. Frozen and hit for 12. death.

Compare that to when I attacked by a 5 man team of 115+ at rune rocks...I rarely got hit and the numbers at most were like 19-20. It was survivable and I had time to put on prayer.

These new ghosts hit high and often. You see 18s and 25s constaantly...

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

Well after at least 2 years of never leaving the Ice caves (except for a lobby run) I decided hey, lets try the wild out for a change, kill some greaters and call it a day. Now I'm level 103 (in the 60's when i entered the ice caves or it seems that way). I'm passing along through no problem and i get my first one. It fires a shot, 0 and i pass along by it. I get to level 46 and this is where it got out of control. I get greeted by another one, no idea the level, but a wolf' and I though ok I'll take it on. First hit on me, 20 right off the bat. My mind is not usually seeing 20's hit so i thought, hey a fluke. Next hit 17. Sword fish down, next hit 12. Then I thought, what the heck is the point of this. I bolt, and continued to get 3 8's and 2 hit as I'm running away. Now I've been here since the start or near close. (ie. me selling my purple cape for 40k and everyone saying cabbage), but that was just crazy. Next time I want a slapping like that I'll fight a dragon without a shield bare fisted. I do not know if I caught a rouge or what but christ. Thanks to whoever made those, I'll return to my ice caves for the upcoming years to lick my wounds

SierraKnight

LOL

8a6769dab0.png

I have to agree that these ghosts can be quite powerful and the high your combat level, the less likely you'll survive. I am level 48 and a couple of days ago, I went on a little cruise in the wilderness and I walked right into a couple of them as low as a level 15 ghost to a level 126 knight. Luckily, not one of them can attack me as I am not at the proper level, but I've seen people get swept by them and they hit hard. :-w

Callahan140.gif

Callahan140.png

Let me put it this way:

Pker attacks me.

*splashes*

*bad dds spec*

*decent dds spec*

*good dds spec*

*splashes*

*bad dds spec*

*splashes*

*I run out*

Renevant attacks me.

*freezes*

*teleblocks*

*23*

*29*

*6*

*4*

*18*

*Oh dear, you are dead...*

If I wanted to be slaughtered like that in the old wildy, I'd have to go attack a 20+ member ahrims team who are all 15+ lvls higher than me skulled in my best gear...

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

They're meant to replace the ancient/teleblocking clans that now exist to kill you in the bounty arena. Their purpose is to hit hard, fast and relentlessly. Even the imp.

what is the max hit of the imp?

Same as everything else. They're all essentially the same monster, the level differences is only there so they can hit everyone.

Still alive, still alive.

i hate the things. twice now on m lvl 83 guy ive one to try and buy a nice selection of new team capes. the first tme i saw this weird lvl 68 ghost, and i decided to keep my distance, thinking a cape seller wouldnt be placed near that. it advanced toward me and i thought i could own it. how wong i was. it hit me with a 20 and froze me, so i tried to run, but it followed me for ages, before eventually finishing me off. so i thought id try getting to the cape seller north of the dragons maze, but this time i was aware that there are these powerful beasts. i was almost there, when his time, 2 of them appered at once. i ran and prayed enough to get out of range, before logging out.

anyway. the point is: what are they there for? and will jagex have the sense to remove them?

I havnt checked these out yet but im really interested while reading through this, go see what all the comotion is about :P

MMORPG - Many Men Online Role Playing Girls - LOL, but how true?

Oh and none of the people you see online saying "looking for bf" are girls. Statistics I make up don't lie. - HA!

Retired - 19:37 - 25th feb 2007

Officially back - 19:19 - 16th april 2007

Ive quit enough times to quit again and be garunteed im guna be bribed back, totally worth it ;) until next month anyway

they are very hard indeed, and they are definately unfairly strong on f2p.

but on p2p I dont find them any harder to kill than the average PK'er, if anything they are a bit easier. I managed to kill a 126 using 17 food. it TB'd and hit a lot of 30's, being only 70 def if I saw a 126 on p2p wildy before, I'd be running, because a 126 would 99% of the time beat me.

but they are annoying, at least if attacked by a pker on p2p they might hit that high that often, but although with both you risk dying, with PK'ers at least if you won you got a drop that was worth the risk.

Deep_pain.gif

Co-Founder of KoA over 18's clan. Founded 2002. An RS clan for adults only.

Now Recruiting

they are very hard indeed, and they are definately unfairly strong on f2p.

but on p2p I dont find them any harder to kill than the average PK'er, if anything they are a bit easier. I managed to kill a 126 using 17 food. it TB'd and hit a lot of 30's, being only 70 def if I saw a 126 on p2p wildy before, I'd be running, because a 126 would 99% of the time beat me.

but they are annoying, at least if attacked by a pker on p2p they might hit that high that often, but although with both you risk dying, with PK'ers at least if you won you got a drop that was worth the risk.

Agreed.

Their current drops aren't worth the trouble or the risk.

Another player who had a Rune Crossbow helped me team an Ork at Level 53 Wildy (Agility Arena). I only had Studded Leather and Mithril Crossbow, however we managed to kill it. I still ate through nearly a whole inventory of cakes. If one sees teams of 2 to 3 of these ghosts though and one is low on health/food/supplies, it's best to run. If you see a team of 4 or more of mixed warriors/mages/rangers even if you're a High Level, they're going to teleblock you and hunt you down.

Here was me thinking the Brimhaven Agility Arena was cruel. Now we have a monster whose sole purpose is to make anyone entering High Levels of the *new* Wildy, either run or regret it.

While I'm not sure they should nerf them at all (this place is meant to be risky after all) they need decent rewards that makes taking them on worth the risk of dying.

Regards,

Fey.

feywarriorgreenlu9.gif

banneruh3.jpg

From above^:

Here was me thinking the Brimhaven Agility Arena was cruel. Now we have a monster whose sole purpose is to make anyone entering High Levels of the *new* Wildy, either run or regret it.

I saw a lvl 15 one of these monsters in varrock wildy lvl 2, so im guessing they arent only in the high levels

Since my first post on this thread, I've been purposely hunting down these Reverants to see if they were possible to kill in f2p. At level 86, the strongest I could kill was the level 68 vampire. Even with an 18 level combat difference I ended up using 24 lobbies and all my of prayer (53). After every kill another Reverant seemed to appear and attack you.

These aren't good examples of pkers in f2p, because no level 68 could hit 20's with mage, freeze and tb you. They are fun to hunt down though, and test your skills against.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Honestly, they aren't that bad. Comparing them to a clan isn't quite accurate. Sure, they're powerful, but with a well time dds spec and a little luck, they die like anything else. I laid down the law on a couple of them that way while I was checking out the wilderness changes.

pissant22.png

Currently subsisting off of God Wars: 3 shards, 1 bandos hilt, 2 sara swords, 1 steam staff, and 2 zamorak spears.

From above^:

I saw a lvl 15 one of these monsters in varrock wildy lvl 2, so im guessing they arent only in the high levels

These guys can obliterate F2P in one second. The Revenants can ice barrage you, tele-block you, use protect prayers, team on you, rot your food,drain your prayer, keep hitting 20+ constantly on you, heal from 10%hp to 100%hp in one "bite", and cure themselves from poison, and not only that, they use all the protect prayers and all the attack styles, they can recharge their prayer at an altar, they can attack from a range far beyond that of long-range distance when ranging, teleport you when you're 1 square away from them, and they can chase you all the way through the wilderness and walk through doors and walls. For F2P, that's GOD power, not even the highest level F2P player can defeat a Revenant considering they can't use Tele-Block or Ice Barrage. <.< And not to mention with A Wind Blast like attack they can hit 25, range, 25, and melee 30+. -.-

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif