The Solution Lies in the Problem

Hector_The_Axe1

I love the GE, but hear me out.

When you are outside of the GE, why not let an item be traded for up to 15% of its "market" price.

In this way, you can still trade items with some degree of customization.

I have other ideas for lending items and things of that nature, but once those are more developed ill post them.

Thoughts?

Full Dharock Bought!

Road to 55 slayer~~~Lvl 46/55

Current Task - 117 Ogres

That's what I thought at first, but figured Jagex had their reasons to doing such. Maybe someone can send a query suggesting this or asking why they didn't so it?

They were going for the quick fix i think, its not like its set in stone.

It could be changed, althought the most recent update is not very promising...

Full Dharock Bought!

Road to 55 slayer~~~Lvl 46/55

Current Task - 117 Ogres

My theory on this is that not enough people have quit yet. I am sure they would like to raise the limits, but they really need to make sure the RWT types aren't just lurking around waiting to find a way to get back to work.

We are probably going to have to deal with the limits until they are sure the measures have worked, otherwise the point of doing it would be moot.

bop_dravian.png

Bandos Godsword is priced at 45m. 15% would therefore be 6,750,000 GP.

I pay you $15. You trade me a godsword for 5m underpriced. RWT.

other people could buy it and the guy could lie about it saying he never got the sword and get back his $15, its too unreliable if you ask me.

still possible with uncommon items though even though uncommon items would be the low priced ones.

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

Very Off-Topic but......

=5,000,000 underpriced? :shock: :^o

38% of Tip.Iters put stupid made up statistics in their sigs. If you are one of the 62% that don't, put this in your sig.

Not sure that even this would really work.

Afterall, I am sure there are a few ways that this could be quite easily exploited.

The RWT could prolly start off with a decent priced item of value equal to or lesser then a million coins, and trade back and forth that way for cash equal to an item that one of the players might already have so as this way the trade would still go through. OR something crazy like that, or even use some noted item price glitch I heard about on another one of these threads to get the item back at next to nothing price.

Hell I dont know, but I do know that If you want to stop it the tighter your stranglehold on tradeing the tighter your stranglehold on all the honest as well as all the cheating players.

Very Off-Topic but......

Seriously now...

If your going to try and prove someone wrong, at least do it right. Or at least take the time to read both sentences and put the two together to get the point that was being made. :roll:

And incase my two sentences above didnt make sence, what he meant was that one could pay 6.75m over or under that 45million gold price for that bandos godsword in that situation he stated.

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

Not sure that even this would really work.

Afterall, I am sure there are a few ways that this could be quite easily exploited.

The RWT could prolly start off with a decent priced item of value equal to or lesser then a million coins, and trade back and forth that way for cash equal to an item that one of the players might already have so as this way the trade would still go through. OR something crazy like that, or even use some noted item price glitch I heard about on another one of these threads to get the item back at next to nothing price.

Hell I dont know, but I do know that If you want to stop it the tighter your stranglehold on tradeing the tighter your stranglehold on all the honest as well as all the cheating players.

Very Off-Topic but......

Seriously now...

If your going to try and prove someone wrong, at least do it right. Or at least take the time to read both sentences and put the two together to get the point that was being made. :roll:

And incase my two sentences above didnt make sence, what he meant was that one could pay 6.75m over or under that 45million gold price for that bandos godsword in that situation he stated.

Lol, that made me sound dumb. :oops:

I thought he meant a 5mill underpricing was 6,750,00.

38% of Tip.Iters put stupid made up statistics in their sigs. If you are one of the 62% that don't, put this in your sig.