How quickly a situation escalated

-SuperMike-

It was a 20' Gold rop chain worth about $300.00 and a gold cross worth about $80.00 - $90.00

sig2di2.png

99 Magic achieved in December 2004.

99 Cooking achieved in Novemeber 2003.

743rd to achieve 80 Dungeoneering.

Won over 5.5 Bill staking in partyhats and cash.

RSC product account created in 2002.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that is so cool its unbelievable. I'd love to be in a situation like that, but when they try to fight you you shoot em and you kick their [wagon]! self defense [bleep]!

Yeah its real cool being in a situation which, if it had escalated anymore, could have resulted in one or more people dying or getting seriously injured.

i think that flameguy was being sarcastic here.... but its hard to tell.

Well he just sent me an angry PM (Heh, cute fella' got his feelings hurt) so I don't think it was that sarcastic lol.

Also I think a chain is like a necklace kind of thing, except...ehm... not lady-like? No idea, I only know this from the boondocks. :lol:

I see your trying to take bubsa's place already.

I want to ride that!!!

That's what she said yesterday :P

Aside from having stupid friends I think you acted well.

OP will probably ignore this post too but anyways

Wouldn't that make him stupid himself for getting involved with these stupid friends?

Well I will say it sure sounds like he didn't act well in choosing his friends.

He did fine in this instance but if he keeps hanging around with those guys he's gonna get in this situation again and it will be his fault for not learning his lesson about finding good friends that won't get you in trouble the first time around.

Plus when I read this I thought it must be high school or something but the guy with the gun starting everything was 22. What the heck? At 22 you definitely shouldn't be going around starting fights.

Ambassadar.png

It was a 20' Gold rop chain worth about $300.00 and a gold cross worth about $80.00 - $90.00

You can get that money back. Your life you cant. Next time just walk away.

Or heres a better idea, inform the local police service of the theft in the first place, alot easier than taking the law into your own hands.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

I have a handgun 'just in case', but I'd never consider taking it, or even a knife, with me if I go out (except in very rare cases, such as having to go to extremely dangerous and shady areas of my city).

How many things are there in the world that warrant putting another person in hospital, permanently disabling him or even killing another human being regardless of his current actions towards you? A gold/silver chain definitely isn't one of them...

If it's not something solvable by fists, think again, is it worth running away? In most cases, yes it is. It doesn't make you a coward. It makes you able to live to see another day with both persons unharmed.

Judging this kid because he pointed a gun at the robber isn't rational. He made the right choice if the other person was brandishing a knife and had the intention to hurt his friends and take their possessions. If he refuses to back off, and stabs your friend/is very close to stabbing, you would have every legal (and more importantly, moral) right to use a non-lethal gunshot to his arm/leg to stop him, then call an ambulance/police.