How quickly a situation escalated

-SuperMike-

Me and a few friends of mine were comming home from a party on Saturday night. It was about 2:30 P.M. and we pulled into Mcdonalds to get somthing to eat. As i get out of the car one of my friends noticed this guy from school who chain snatched him. The kid dropped out of school a few days later so we never got the chain back. Mike my friend who got chain snatched wanted to jump him but i didn't want to cuase a seen and have the police come. There were 3 kids with the chain snatcher, and there was 4 of us. As we started to walk toward his car the kid instantly noticed Mike and went into his car to grab somthing. He knew it was comming once we started to walk over to him. So i figured he was grabbing a gun/weapon. Mike my friend who is 22 has an Automatic 45 caliber handgun wich he just got (Legally) in his glove compartment. The kid was frantically looking for somthing under the Driver's seat. The other kids that were with him were all looking at him waiting to get whatever it was under the seat. I rushed to Mike's car and grabbed his gun. By that time the kid pulled out a Butterfly knife opened it and walked towards my friends. I ran over there with the gun in my hand and held it to his face and told him to leave. He dropped his knife and put his hands up. I told him to leave again and they got in their car and skidded away.

I never would have thought that i'd be in a situation were i am actually willing to shoot someone. That night if he would have stabbed anyone of my friends i would have probally of shot him. I'm not violent i was just protecting them. I didn't have any intention on fighting them or jumping them.

Has anyone has any experiance were a situation escalating soo quickly?

sig2di2.png

99 Magic achieved in December 2004.

99 Cooking achieved in Novemeber 2003.

743rd to achieve 80 Dungeoneering.

Won over 5.5 Bill staking in partyhats and cash.

RSC product account created in 2002.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, It's called my life.

Listen man, I'm not sure if you live in the U.S. But if you would've shot that kid, then you would've either most likely have gone to jail the rest of your life for manslaughter, unless he attacked you with the knife.

If he attacked you or your freinds, It is a possiability that you could've gone to court for Self-Defense and pleded Innocent. Chances are, even if he would have stabed you and you still shot him, that gun isn't registered under your name so that = Bad.

DaBulls.jpg

that is so cool its unbelievable. I'd love to be in a situation like that, but when they try to fight you you shoot em and you kick their [wagon]! self defense [bleep]ezz!

world2isntthathardby4.pngI think merchanting is extinct....

lordofthehauntedminestextcb6.png Completed haunted mine at level 75.

Barrows Drops: Dh platelegs, Guth helm, Karils cb, Torags legs

-------------RETIRED------------------

I'm not going to kill somene over a chain, that's not even the point. He pulled a weapon out and was walking right up to 3 of my friends by himself. His friends were just standing there.

sig2di2.png

that is so cool its unbelievable. I'd love to be in a situation like that, but when they try to fight you you shoot em and you kick their [wagon]! self defense [bleep]!

Yeah its real cool being in a situation which, if it had escalated anymore, could have resulted in one or more people dying or getting seriously injured.

that is so cool its unbelievable. I'd love to be in a situation like that, but when they try to fight you you shoot em and you kick their [wagon]! self defense [bleep]!

Yeah its real cool being in a situation which, if it had escalated anymore, could have resulted in one or more people dying or getting seriously injured.

i think that flameguy was being sarcastic here.... but its hard to tell.

Tk5SF.png

i think that flameguy was being sarcastic here.... but its hard to tell.

Well he just sent me an angry PM (Heh, cute fella' got his feelings hurt) so I don't think it was that sarcastic lol.

Also I think a chain is like a necklace kind of thing, except...ehm... not lady-like? No idea, I only know this from the boondocks. :lol:

Also I think a chain is like a necklace kind of thing, except...ehm... not lady-like? No idea, I only know this from the boondocks. :lol:
:wall: Stupid me.

I was thinking like a bike chain or something.

iteme3721.jpg

:wall: Stupid me.

I was thinking like a bike chain or something.

Lol I thought that too, at first, but then a lightbulb just kind of popped over my head. :P

Boondocks is educational. :notalk:

I wasnt going to shoot to kill, i was going to shoot to stop him. And i didn't, and i'm glad i didn't and i'm glad it ended. I don't want to go through that again.

Chain = neckalace.

sig2di2.png

Boondocks is educational.

I second that \'

What the hell is going on in your mind? Key word in self defense is defense. In self defense your goal is to "put the person in a neutral position" (or GTFO if he's using a knife because that's a massive disadvantage). You're not here to kick someone's [wagon] just to prove how strong you are, that's just an immature and irrational behavior.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

I've gotta agree that that sounds pretty damn cool. Not if someone died of course, but they didn't.

I'm not advocating pulling a gun on someone, I'm just saying it sounds cool as hell.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

If i was you and the guy got any closer i would of shot a bullet by him and say "Next time you wont be so lucky" and have an evil smile :twisted:

But iv only been in a situation likt that once, but it was with bats an knives... It was a stand-off :ohnoes: I drove off with my friends 5mins b4 the cops came :-#

I didn't say i was using the gun for self defense. If he would have stabbed any one of us i would have done somthing i'm not letting any of my friends or me get stabbed and let them walk away with it.

sig2di2.png

your actions were responsible. You knew you werent going to hurt anyone but you knew that the knife woulc. You took controll of the situation and it all ended clean instead of cuffs around ur hands.

You were not apart of it, you didnt encourage any violence you simply overpowered his knife and took control and was responsible.

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

Things that worry me

1) the only reason you didnt want to "jump" this kid is the fact the police might come, rather than any moral reason

2) people are willing to threaten/stab/shoot each other over jewellery, seriously WTF.

3) you "rushed" along with a gun - those thing are dangerous (duh) and are NOT something you point at anyone unless you intend to shoot them - period.

If this was in the UK, you'd be in prison for a long long time boy - hopefully its the same in the US.

This entire situation sickens me.

your actions were responsible. You knew you werent going to hurt anyone but you knew that the knife woulc. You took controll of the situation and it all ended clean instead of cuffs around ur hands.

You were not apart of it, you didnt encourage any violence you simply overpowered his knife and took control and was responsible.

Well said.

sig2di2.png

Things that worry me

1) the only reason you didnt want to "jump" this kid is the fact the police might come, rather than any moral reason

2) people are willing to threaten/stab/shoot each other over jewellery, seriously WTF.

3) you "rushed" along with a gun - those thing are dangerous (duh) and are NOT something you point at anyone unless you intend to shoot them - period.

If this was in the UK, you'd be in prison for a long long time boy - hopefully its the same in the US.

This entire situation sickens me.

----------------------------------------------

1. I didn't rush over there with a gun in my hand until i seen him reaching for somthing.

2. I wasn't going to shoot him over a piece of jewelry, I was protecting my friends/me.

3. I didn't want to jump him becuase I don't want to creat bigger situations aside from the fight (future situations)

4. I live in the USA

sig2di2.png