A contradiciton if I ever saw one.

FooK-A-Ji

st00pid.jpg

Anyone else but me hate the fact, that rs2'ers have taken the term "pure" and turned it into something totally twisted?

Seems to me that if you're "strong" enough, u qualify as a pure no matter the combination of melee, pray and MAGIC!!

I have long heated discussions , trying to explain to them what the term pure means and where it originated from.

The above statement in the picture is imo a perfect example of how players have raped the term "pure".

Well, times change :|

They're mostly just adapting to the RS2 Combat system and assume that the RSC Combat system is the same I guess.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

To be fair that started in Rsc.. My personal opinion on pure was no mage no prayer, pure melee...

People discovered prayer made them a more effective ''pure'' but obviously wanted to keep the label for ego reasons.

Then there were those who had high defence and prayer too, so their HP was less than their level, an arguement was made then that if your HP was higher than your combat you were pure, if not, you weren't?

Whiterob10 was better then zorro for sure :P

Adx1's Rsc Kills

http://www.photobucket.com

Username = adxx1

Password = read only

To be fair that started in Rsc.. My personal opinion on pure was no mage no prayer, pure melee...

People discovered prayer made them a more effective ''pure'' but obviously wanted to keep the label for ego reasons.

Then there were those who had high defence and prayer too, so their HP was less than their level, an arguement was made then that if your HP was higher than your combat you were pure, if not, you weren't?

We hold the same look on things, on a wide scale.

However I do believe (since we're talking rsc here) that it doesnt take a higher hp than pk level to be called a pure.

ie: 99 str 40 att 40 def 87 hits, 31 pray PLUS 20-30 magic would still hold a higher hp level over combat level. Although one would be far from being a pure.

p.s. low level mage pkers as far as i recollect were widely known as "def mages". am i right?

Mage tanks / def pures? I thought it was something with tank in it..

They were considered pures thou, especially at the end of RSC. Mostly because at a level 30-40 a "def pure" could easily win against some real pures, and that if you were strong at a low level everyone labelled you pure.

Then again, magic actually had some high influences back at RSC, while it hardly influences combat in RS2.

Pures: no magic, no melee, low defense

Prayer beast: no magic, no defense

Mage tanks: high defense, high magic, low strength/attack

That's what I used to label the pure family.

i hear u lol, i gave up trying to explain what "pure" really meant after like 05 lol ..... this name use to be a prayer beast on rsc, but yea i ruined his stats lol #-o

hhhsig.jpg

maxed out melee back in 06, when it was still considered an accomplishment. same with getting 85 slayer, was in the top 2k players to get it.

R.I.P Runescape.. Feb 2, 02 - Jan 2, 08

and i notice someone said something about tank mages... i have a name called tank m4ger with 40 def 1 att 1 str and 73 mage :P .... pure's stats use to be 40 att 65 str 1 def, 31 pray lol .. 1 mage 1 range.. now im like 55 65 50 or something.... iono what the hell i did it for but ah well i guess -.-

hhhsig.jpg

maxed out melee back in 06, when it was still considered an accomplishment. same with getting 85 slayer, was in the top 2k players to get it.

R.I.P Runescape.. Feb 2, 02 - Jan 2, 08

and i notice someone said something about tank mages... i have a name called tank m4ger with 40 def 1 att 1 str and 73 mage :P .... pure's stats use to be 40 att 65 str 1 def, 31 pray lol .. 1 mage 1 range.. now im like 55 65 50 or something.... iono what the hell i did it for but ah well i guess -.-

well thats okay dude, as long as ur rs2, since rs2 combat is based on def and attack, something we didnt need much of in old rs :P i just trained after the good ole 4 higher than the last, u know str 4 higher than att, att 4 higher than def :P killer !

If he had 31 pray then he wasnt pure. :?

Pure is no added pray or mage, to have maximum melee stats for the combat level, regardless of whether those stats are mainly at/str/def..

Or hell, at least it was..

Seeing as mage no longer effects combat level as long as its below a certain level in relation to att/str, a pure in rs2 would surely be any combination of att/str/def with ranged and mage, but NO pray. Else I really don't see how it can possibly be considered pure..

Well, because all (read: most) of the PKer characters were pures back in RSC, it created a misconception that all noob characters build to PK are pures.

It's the same with powermining, they call it powermining, yet, it isn't powermining, it's just mining and dropping the ores.

I still have no idea what on earth a so-called pure is on Rs2. Apparently all pkers are now called pures if they are low-mid level. *rolls eyes* They all call themselves pures even if they have magic and prayer.

yeah exactly lol.. it seems like stats build doesnt matter as long as you "own" :P

Def pure was something people called you when they couldn't hit you and were losing.. They subsequently ran off and logged because you had a superior character biulding method? :? I mean it ''wasn't fair'' that we put an extra 60k defence experience in and their 5 million strength experience was negated... Nuh Uh... Just not fair at all :roll:

My personal opinion was always that a pure didn't have prayer or magic, i did that with shr3k and it was great fun! Bitta extra str n def instead of prayer.. Meant i could always hit same max and not have to abandon a fight to get prayer.. Was handier not having prayer around castle.. Too much walking..

I did however abide by people calling themselves pure having just prayer as this was how it evolved and the majority rules unfortunately, it simlpy became acceptable that if you were fighting a ''pure'' chances were they had prayer.

Tank mages were actually just a flaw in jagex's fighting system & i'm referring directly to the idocy of god spells.

People always said attack/def meant nothing, it did, what was foolish was that at 99 attack you could still be using a weapon that required 40 attack to use, that really needed to continue the same vein from 5 attack to 99 attack there should have been new weapons and armours at each 10 level mark, that's what made the system crappy, it's why lower level pking was far fairer (if it's 1 on 1 lol)

Adx1's Rsc Kills

Username = adxx1

Password = read only

Def pure was something people called you when they couldn't hit you and were losing.. They subsequently ran off and logged because you had a superior character biulding method? :? I mean it ''wasn't fair'' that we put an extra 60k defence experience in and their 5 million strength experience was negated... Nuh Uh... Just not fair at all :roll:

loli know what u mean, one of my old wine noobs dementedness was trained on wine to r2h , so he was if i remember correctly lvl 9 with r2h, i got 30 def , so i was rougly level 20-22 with r2h and full adam , or baxe and kite for better defence.

how many level 20's can hit thru full adam and wear armor to withstand a r2h??

not many. lol .. dunno what u could call the char tho, i didnt have high hp since i rained to 40 att with still 12 hp

Well, really times do change. Even people with 45 Defense are called "Rune Pures" Hell I've even seen people refer to themselves as "Barrow Pures" having 70 Defense. Having Magic is strait I guess because it doesn't effect your cb level like it used to. Prayer...well even people with prayer on RSC were still considered pures or PBs. I think it's pretty lame but whatever it doesn't matter anymore from what I hear you can't even pk on RS2.

yeah lol, they whined so much about pking, rc pkers etc, that jagex just took away pking, owned :P

One of my friends irl told me this the other day, they actually never played Rsc but started playing Rs2 for some reason? :XD:

I've never felt so justified in my belief that Jagex were always against pkers as i am now! Everytime they updated the wilderness it was always negative for pking.. Maybe they just got tired of faffing about and did away with it all together.. Cracked me up :lol:

Adx1's Rsc Kills

Username = adxx1

Password = read only

I never thought Jagex was against pkers before but this update really annoys me sooo much. It would annoy me more if rs2 pking was even any good, but it isn't so I don't care *that* much. Me and DSM tried some f2p (on RS2) and it was all 000000, plus you can eat anytime so there is no danger of dying. \' Fun!

Another term that is misused in RS2 is "PJ" or "Pile Jump". Half the people on RS2 think it means something like "People jumping" and it's used all the time, like when someone else attacks you other than the person you're fighting.

yup haha plus 1 on that too.

most rs1 terms have migrated to rs2 and become something totally different, its hell for me cuz i dont know what the heck ppl mean anymore :oops: