perhaps Jagex just wanted to see how the people of RS xfer?

magekillr

Intresting. I've not seen Jagex completly change their mind on something before. :o

SwiftSwitch and luring.

Edit: God, i edit my posts more than i post them #-o . Anyway, im not shure about Swiftswitch, It was completley banished cause the Ads were being blocked in F2p, later they agreed it was legal if they changed so the ads were visible, now, it says this; A ripoff from Kbase :thumbsup:

[hide=Kbase, Rule 7]

Third party software that displays pages/content from our website(s), and which has RuneScape specific features (i.e. RuneScape toolkits) must not be used to access our website unless that software conforms with all of the other rules, and the following additional rules:

* It must not encourage rule-breaking or endanger users.

* It must not contain adverts or links to websites which encourage rule-breaking or endanger users.

* It must not automatically make repeated page/content requests from our website or otherwise make excessively bandwidth intensive requests from our servers (each page/content request should only be in direct response to a user request each time).

* It must not bypass the normal navigation of our website for users wishing to reach the game worlds. The software should initially only point at the front page of http://www.runescape.com, and should require the user to navigate through the website normally to reach the game worlds. The software must not contain or acquire direct links to our "Select a world" page, or to our game world pages, or to the RuneScape applet.

* It must not hide or encourage the hiding of any of the adverts on our website. To avoid encouraging users to hide the advert above the game the pane displaying pages from our website must default to at least 630 pixels high (if viewed on a screen with a resolution higher than 800x600), and it must not be possible to resize it to less height than that. i.e. the page must be displayed in such a way that both the game and advert are fully visible at the same time.

* It must not attempt to make it easier to enter a busy RuneScape world than it would be for users not using the software. It must not allow worlds marked as 'FULL' on the world select page to be selected. It must not contain any features to make it easier to enter or monitor busy worlds.

* If the software has its own integrated chat feature, separate from the RuneScape chat, it should make it very clear to users that this chat is not part of RuneScape and is not official, endorsed or moderated by Jagex in any way. Furthermore, this chat should still be moderated (just not by us), and the moderators should not allow chat which infringes our rules of conduct. To avoid confusion with the official RuneScape chat, moderators of the external chat should not be indicated with a silver or gold crown. If the chat is IRC based, then the software should only allow access to IRC channels which conform with the above.

In any case, the use of such software is not recommended. We do not recommend the use of ANY 3rd party RuneScape-related software as it is potentially extremely dangerous. Please be aware that there is software out there which claims to be a cool RuneScape add-on, but actually installs a keylogger on your computer and steals your password! You should also be aware that there is dangerous software around that won't necessarily be spotted by your anti-virus software. Scanning downloads is, of course, a very good idea, but it still doesn't 100% eliminate the risk.

[/hide]

This ofcourse has nothing to do with offensive names but anyway...

On topic, My friends Rs name is "Half-offensive". if you write it half of it gets censored so you have to skip the last letter when saying the name. kinda annoying actually.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol they should block names that cant be choosen

The problem with that is that you can't possibly add in every version of every bad word, and not end up with a huge amount of legit names blocked. They have to take it on a case by case level and, with the amount of work customer service was putting into going through abuse reports, player names was probably on the lowest priority of their list.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png