perhaps Jagex just wanted to see how the people of RS xfer?

magekillr

Jagex gave several people the same message that they would be banned about their name, and gave them permission to transfer to another account.

well December 17th rolls on by...the day they say they're going to ban/lock the accounts, and nothing happens.

and then...this msg appears:

unbannedwtfwq4.png

could it be that Jagex just wanted to see if there was a way of xfering that they did not yet know about?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they read the critism on their ridiculous actions and are now finally

recognizing that it really is not so hard to give an account a new name...

Good job Jagex - it took you how many years? :roll:

So they're gonna let you transfer stuff between accounts like they did when RS2 came out? I hope it includes stats. I don't wanna lose my 90 fishing. :cry:

they said they were banning the account because it had an "offensive" name. the truth is...the name wasn't offensive to anyone i've talked to. so they gave the owner till the 17th to transfer items to a new account (encouraged him to break their own rules...actually told him to), and then they would lock/ban the account on the 17th.

nothing happened...and this message was received today.

makes me think they wanna know every possible way there is to transfer.

So they're gonna let you transfer stuff between accounts like they did when RS2 came out? I hope it includes stats. I don't wanna lose my 90 fishing. :cry:

they said they were banning the account because it had an "offensive" name. the truth is...the name wasn't offensive to anyone i've talked to. so they gave the owner till the 17th to transfer items to a new account (encouraged him to break their own rules...actually told him to), and then they would lock/ban the account on the 17th.

nothing happened...and this message was received today.

makes me think they wanna know every possible way there is to transfer.

Wow, they're pretty clever :shock:

tipitsig.png

Interesting. It seems they are really trying not to lose more costumers :-s

Wow, and who said rants didn't work?

And yeah the whole 'not trying to lose customers' is really against their current policies :-k .

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

I don't see how this would tell them if there are any possible ways to transfer items, as the 3k limit hasn't started yet and anyone who did transfer items to their new accounts would just use regular trading.

I think it's just Jagex backtracking. Probably why they did it quietly in the first place, so that if it all went [bleep] up they could back track without most players noticing.

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

Intresting. I've not seen Jagex completly change their mind on something before. :o

So haven't I, and I have been around for a pretty long while now. So I agree with that smilie. I'm thoughtful about that solution though...Maybe Jagex will let the players with offensive names change to a new, not offensive, name? I don't know, but it's a way that they could do it.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Renaming an account MAY be a hard thing to implement - it depends on how the database is set up. If the player name is used as primary key, it'll definitely be hard.

However, it's not hard in principle to have the following process:

- Ask user to enter a new name

- Copy over all data from old name to new name (stats, quests, all game progress, items, friendslist), maybe even password/questions/pin

- Permban old name

The whole process can be automated, with no human involvement other than flagging the acc to be "renamed". As soon as the player logs in to a flagged account they will HAVE to choose the new name before being able to play again, and then they can just keep playing the new acc name as they had the old one.

Live free or die. First option is exhausted, so guess what remains?

I think they read the critism on their ridiculous actions and are now finally

recognizing that it really is not so hard to give an account a new name...

Good job Jagex - it took you how many years? :roll:

...not to hard to pick an unoffensive name either :roll: =D>

lord+krohn.png

RS name: lord krohn Combat 138

slayer specific: 103 whips, 38 dark bows and 250+ dragon boots dropped to date.

Dragon drops: 5 Half shields, 21 drag legs, 8 dragon skirts, and 9 drag meds dropped to date.

My noob account, Pursesnatcher was banned for an offensive name. Moved on to Angry Wallet. :P

That's the most stupid ban I heard of.

How about this: I'm offended by the speech line of the Rag & Bone man quest, because the word "s[racist term]" reminds me of a certain word that rhymes with it. Let's ban the person who wrote the quest! :roll:

Live free or die. First option is exhausted, so guess what remains?

My noob account, Pursesnatcher was banned for an offensive name. Moved on to Angry Wallet. :P

That's the most stupid ban I heard of.

How about this: I'm offended by the speech line of the Rag & Bone man quest, because the word "s[racist term]" reminds me of a certain word that rhymes with it. Let's ban the person who wrote the quest! :roll:

Reminds me when jagex included 'damn' somewhere in a quest, I think it was an examine of some creature (correct me if I'm wrong), which was quickly removed on that same day.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Not being a native speaker of English, I was somewhat surprised to learn that "damn" was blocked by the rs chat filter. Is it really that offensive?

"Noob" is an insult. "Noob" is overused. Be polite. Try to say "noob" less than once a day.

Thank you.

My friend had the same issue that his account name was offensive and yeserday he got a message said it will not be banned anymore. kinda stupid if you ask me jagex should make up their mind and still to it

Thievingcapesigcopy.png

Jeffery.png

180th to 99 Divination + 1st W36er

Rambo, cannot pk call your friends bro :). Wait nevermind none of SAPK/PKS can. Kappa.

Reminds me when jagex included 'damn' somewhere in a quest, I think it was an examine of some creature (correct me if I'm wrong), which was quickly removed on that same day.

I believe it was a Fremennik NPC who said 'Damn'...

On topic: Although it's possible that Jagex wanted to find out about the different ways to transfer items, I doubt that's the reason. Why would the average bloke know complex ways of transferring items? I'm sure the majority of all players would choose either drop trading and multiple logging in, given the fact that Jagex told you to do it, of course.

signature8xy4.gif

Thanks to Jwrm22 for helping me with the signature :D

Have a look at my 'Land of Fakes'

Private chat ON, give me a HYT and I'll HYT you back :D

I believe that in the Death to the Dorgeshuun quest, the examine for Zanik originally said "She kicks ham [wagon]."

Like the pentagrams, Rasool, and other various things, the Politically Correct Cult pissed and moaned until Jagex changed it.

td2sig.jpg