Who had a problem with bots?

benpuken

Do you think it was worth all the updates so that bots are gone?  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it was worth all the updates so that bots are gone?

• Getting rid of bots (sort of) was not worth losing pking and dueling (and all the other stuff)
    • It was worth losing pking and dueling so that there is no more RWT and bots are eliminated.

I don't think you understand. People just don't have bots running around cutting logs for them like your saying. They collect the logs, sell to players for money, then the money 'earned' from gathering those logs is sold to players. For the most part, this worked in favor of players unless you were a woodcutter, as it provided profit for many, and levels in fletching were gained easier.

This shows me that you have no idea what problems the autoers realy caused, aru

I'm quite aware of the majority of the problems autoer's caused. The example I gave was poor I'll admit.

Now, I don't know how many people really buy gold, but I'm quite sure whatever the amount it was a lot less then the amount of players who were pk'ers.

It only takes one Autoer (and keep in mind there were obviously many more than that) to mess with the economy, and the number of pkers has nothing to do with the problem.

Thank you for mis-reading this part of my post. I was talking about the amount of players who bought gold compared to the amount of pkers inside the game. I'm sure there are a lot more pkers then there are RWT's. The point I was making was that for the select few who bought gold to bring about the loss of a large part of Runescape; pking, which can involve anyone and everyone, is ridiculous.

Lets face it, not everyone buys gold for real life money, only so many do (which was what I was saying), but anyone can go inside of the wilderness and do some player killing right? Now we can't really do either. :|

Forgive me if im mistaken but i was aware that as easy as it was to go out to the wild it was eaqualy easy to head to a gold-selling sites and purchase a couple mill

Even if there wee more pkers it dosn't get rid of the fact that there ere RWT and they needed to go, aru

You dare question my eccentricities?

35aoys3.jpg

~The arus are back~

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, what are you trying to say? Are you saying that fake credit cards and profit off a game that wasn't theirs isn't hurting anyone?

Of course it does! But, all players got punished in the same blow, and frankly I for for one am danged tired of being punished for some one else's sins. :evil:

Furthermore, where is the massive exodus? Seems to me that there is little reduction in the number of players at the time I am online. Have they all been replaced by new players? Somehow I doubt it.

Autoing and RWT are not dead, but for some the most enjoyable parts of the game are RIP.

Tishala.png

So, what are you trying to say? Are you saying that fake credit cards and profit off a game that wasn't theirs isn't hurting anyone?

Of course it does! But, all players got punished in the same blow, and frankly I for for one am danged tired of being punished for some one else's sins. :evil:

As am I-but this happens all the time irl, it is bound to happen in games to, aru

You dare question my eccentricities?

35aoys3.jpg

~The arus are back~

Well, I voted that it was worth it. I've both a pure account and a skiller. It took me quite long on my pure to train to 85 ranged. But still, think about the other people who like to train woodcutting, fishing... They can train now without bots and sell at reasonable prices. It's not all about pking although it was fun...

Also there's still bounty hunter, solo pking is very hard there, I know. But JaGEx said they're working on a solution so people can still pk without a team. I hope they'll keep their promise and make it something decent. And they'll have the time for it now, since bots aren't such a big problem anymore.

I just hope that they can make the pkers and skillers happy in the long run.