Who had a problem with bots?

benpuken

Do you think it was worth all the updates so that bots are gone?  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it was worth all the updates so that bots are gone?

• Getting rid of bots (sort of) was not worth losing pking and dueling (and all the other stuff)
    • It was worth losing pking and dueling so that there is no more RWT and bots are eliminated.

Umm, what? You can still kill players(aka pking) and you can still duel at the duel arena so i fail to see what point you are trying to get across that we have lost pking/dueling.

Are you [developmentally delayed]ed or just plain stupid?

Pking is lost, BH is full of teams. Single pking lost.

Duelling, Yeah a max of a 3k stake is really fun when you win, honestly in the time the duel takes, I could make 10k at least.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you [developmentally delayed] or just plain stupid?

Duelling, Yeah a max of a 3k stake is really fun when you win, honestly in the time the duel takes, I could make 10k at least.

LMAO.

You first started with one of the most clicḫ̩̉̉ insults on the internet and then proceeded to being both of the things you called me yourself.

Dueling != staking, dueling still exists exactly how it was before with just staking nerfed(Staking caused too many problems anyway, i am glad it is mostly gone).

Any part of the game where you can kill other players counts as pking, to name a few of these:

Fight pits,

Castle wars,

Duel arena,

Clan wars,

Bounty Hunter and more have been promised to us by jagex. :)

Maybe there is more to this game than mindless killing people? Pvp is much fairer now, i used to hate how people felt pride from another's loss.

At first glance, your thread made me mad. However, I realized that your comment was made out of ignorance. You, being a member, have never really seen the true damage that the bots caused in F2P.
I'm in f2p, and bots didn't cause me any problems...and whats the use of woodcutting in f2p anyways? I don't think theres a single quest in f2p where woodcutting is required. Though, it may of affected the people who used it to earn money....

Umm, what? You can still kill players(aka pking) and you can still duel at the duel arena so i fail to see what point you are trying to get across that we have lost pking/dueling.

Are you [developmentally delayed] or just plain stupid?

Since when is dueling about making money? Sheesh, it was made for fun.

If you want to profit on something, try actually working a skill. Runecrafting double nats is suppose to be a great way to profit.

tfssig.png

I've allways hated bots and slowly there came more and more and more.

I'm very very happy they are finally gone. Nevertheless I got to say that I think there must come a place where you can PK without making it possible to loose or win stuff...

I want that because at this point it's close near totally pointless to train combat and what is Jagex goÃÆÃâÃâïng to do? Indeed, release a combat skill. I guess cooked lobbies and similar food will be close near worthless, simply because nobody needs them. On the other side, I never PK and in my opinion a big part of them where loads of time very annoying stressed little kids that where yelling, luring, spamming and similar stuff.

Indeed, I'm a f2p player that got a lot of autoÃÆÃâÃâërs around me in the past.

Finally the prices are back to normal (only lobbies aren't) and I'm very happy about that. I've made a idea where the prices are a little bit back to autoÃÆÃâÃâërprices, but I'm not goÃÆÃâÃâïng to show it yet. At this moment only bobbington2 knows a bit about it and strange enough he doesn't like it. Although the beginning of it, at this moment I'm working it out more and more so it will be more and more hard to abuse it. At this moment my idea is allready totally worked out, I'm just making some pics to convince him more and more ;).

Short story:

I'm very very happy autoÃÆÃâÃâërs are gone :P :D.

Dueling was an acceptable loss as for pking, well they are trying to find a replacement.

How was it an 'acceptable loss'? If skilling was destroyed as a byproduct of getting rid of auto'ers, would you consider that an 'acceptable loss' as well?

Dueling != staking, dueling still exists exactly how it was before with just staking nerfed (Staking caused too many problems anyway, i am glad it is mostly gone).

Did you stake? Was that a part of the game you actively partook in? If not, then you can't say that it's exactly the same now as it was before. All right... The actual duel arena is the same, but you can no longer stake large amounts of money/rares, thus destroying a part of the game for a substantial number of players.

If Jagex wanted to get rid of auto'ers, all they had to do was take skilling out of the game, as we know that's the real reason why auto'ers exist. I'm sure you'd just love that idea :thumbsup:

Any part of the game where you can kill other players counts as pking, to name a few of these:

Fight pits,

Castle wars,

Duel arena,

Clan wars,

Bounty Hunter and more have been promised to us by jagex.

You're confusing PK'ing and PVP. Fight pits is not PK'ing. Castle wars is not PK'ing. Dueling is not PK'ing. And, contrary to what Jagex 'thinks', Clan Wars and Bounty Hunter are not PK'ing. You sound like your average skiller. If those things were adequate substitutes to PK'ing, then wouldn't you think the majority of PK'ers would be out doing those things instead of complaining? You would think so, but apparently we're all idiots.

Maybe there is more to this game than mindless killing people? Pvp is much fairer now, i used to hate how people felt pride from another's loss.

Perhaps there's more to this game this clicking on a tree and watching your character mindlessly hack away at it for hours on end? Why is your way of playing the game more acceptable (My word) than my way? Most 'skillers' seem to suffer from the "Skilling is the right way to play this game!" mentality, and that's just absurd.

Furthermore, how is is PVP more fair now? You were never forced into PVP areas. You went of your own accord. I never PK'ed someone who wasn't in the wilderness because they wanted to be. The only reason you have to argue that PVP is more 'fair' is that you're now able to partake in areas of the game virtually risk free when there used to be a substantial amount of danger associated with those activities.

I'm rather intrigued by the poll results, I've been checking since posting and the results are fascinating one day it'll say they are glad the next it'll say they aren't.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

Staking and pking arnt gone or ''killed''. The stake limit was nerfed... staking was not killed. When JaGeX nerfed the drop rate of D boots and GWD dungeon drops did people run around saying GWD is dead.... no, they worked harder for their loot.

You can still stake, just tiny amounts.

You can still pk in bounty hunter, just not in single combat. The ironic thing aswell is a study showed that pkers and stakers were the most commom to RWT their money for gold and items as their stats often meant they couldnt make money efficiently if they were cleaned.

Barely any skillers RWT their money money for gold as they worked for their gold and could use their skills to make gold. All they need to make gold is either a harpoon, a axe or a pickaxe.

Ironic how the group who were more suspect to RWTing are complaining about something they brought upon themselves :XD:

I hunt these guys and all I can say is they don't help the economy (here's proof, before May 1st, there were so many bots, shark prices dropped to 400-500gp ea). After May 1st when a ton of bots were banned, the shark prices started rising back to 1k ea.

safari20hat11.jpg

We should euthanize anyone who lacks the capability to contribute to society in any way.

Please don't elect this man for president in 2012

Yea, I suffered from the bots. Everyone did.

I'm glad that I can cut a yew see real people instead of bots.

And I'm pretty sure there Pking will be replaced by something atleast half as good.

I'm not saying that we all have to accept each update, but you shouldn't be that mad about the updates. There are enough of things that are fun too.

I didn't give a flying rat's [wagon] about bots. Actually, they even had a good effect.

• We love sharks at 600ea

We love yews at 250ea

We love willows at 25ea

We love lobsters at 200ea

etc. Okay, so some of my prices may be off, but you get the general idea. O:)

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

I don't know if you've ever woodcutted willlows or yews before, but if you have, you know this, bots not only made woodcutting less profitable for otheer players, they made it harder to wood cut. With all of those bots and afew players cutting the same tree, how many logs do you think the average skiller got? It's why I gave up on woodcutting, I love mining, but when I needed alitttle bit of fast cash, and mining was getting repetative, I would go cut some trees. It just became so hard with all of those bots....

Most people know this, I just figured that you said you were new, wasn't sure if you were new to runescape aswell. Sorry if i pointed out the obvious to you.

I voted option 2, I never really pked, and there is bounty hunter now, which isn't as good, but hey. Now, with RWT gone, maybe I can actually walk through Lumbridge without having 10 auto talkers advertising websites! Definitely worth it, Runescape will live on.

Penguin Power!

MSSW3sig.png

^The last great war of the Wilderness....

Yeah, I don't have a cool signature, so the MSSW3 sig will have to do....

Why is it that some people around the world can have 10-100 bots running around cutting yews for him?

Making 10M a day, without even sitting at the pc. THINK.

Pking was so worth getting rid of.

I don't think you understand. People just don't have bots running around cutting logs for them like your saying. They collect the logs, sell to players for money, then the money 'earned' from gathering those logs is sold to players. For the most part, this worked in favor of players unless you were a woodcutter, as it provided profit for many, and levels in fletching were gained easier.

Now, I don't know how many people really buy gold, but I'm quite sure whatever the amount it was a lot less then the amount of players who were pk'ers. Pking has been around a long, long time; and to the select few who were to damn lazy to play the game themselves and rather bought gold; to destroy pking alongside of other things was 'worth it'? I do not believe that.

I want to play the game how it was, to be honest I couldn't care less how it is five, or even ten years down the road. Jagex is thinking towards the future (which I can't blame them for doing so) but for players like myself who will not be around playing a single game forever it really just blows. Don't let my name make me sound biased or anything, but losing what we have lost; monster hunting, staking, pking and whatever else, for stopping RWT wasn't worthwhile as I see it.

I don't think you understand. People just don't have bots running around cutting logs for them like your saying. They collect the logs, sell to players for money, then the money 'earned' from gathering those logs is sold to players. For the most part, this worked in favor of players unless you were a woodcutter, as it provided profit for many, and levels in fletching were gained easier.

This shows me that you have no idea what problems the autoers realy caused, aru

Now, I don't know how many people really buy gold, but I'm quite sure whatever the amount it was a lot less then the amount of players who were pk'ers.

It only takes one Autoer (and keep in mind there were obviously many more than that) to mess with the economy, and the number of pkers has nothing to do with the problem.

You dare question my eccentricities?

35aoys3.jpg

~The arus are back~

This shows me that you have no idea what problems the autoers realy caused, aru

I'm quite aware of the majority of the problems autoer's caused. The example I gave was poor I'll admit.

Now, I don't know how many people really buy gold, but I'm quite sure whatever the amount it was a lot less then the amount of players who were pk'ers.

It only takes one Autoer (and keep in mind there were obviously many more than that) to mess with the economy, and the number of pkers has nothing to do with the problem.

Thank you for mis-reading this part of my post. I was talking about the amount of players who bought gold compared to the amount of pkers inside the game. I'm sure there are a lot more pkers then there are RWT's. The point I was making was that for the select few who bought gold to bring about the loss of a large part of Runescape; pking, which can involve anyone and everyone, is ridiculous.

Lets face it, not everyone buys gold for real life money, only so many do (which was what I was saying), but anyone can go inside of the wilderness and do some player killing right? Now we can't really do either. :|

It's neither for me.

Jagex think "Omg they iz bad" I dont find much bad about them

I dont find RWT bad, though I DO NOT DO IT

I dont think bots are bad. They keep the costs of items completely affordable.

Either say goodbye to bots and lobs = 1k ea,

Or see that they dont do anything wrong to effect the community (IMO).

I dont need a siggy no moar.

It's just barely not worth it... as a fisher and wc'er I'm happy that my skilling is finally gonna start paying off but I wish they could have kept the wilderness and duel arena at least...

and everyone that says that they didn't affect the game too much... why the hell are you so mad they are gone if they didnt have any monumental changes on the game!?