Going too far?

Happysniff

Firstly before I start ranting, I would like to state that the clan chat and the person I'm ranting about are completely unrelated to top it. The clan chat I speak of is indeed not lightning, there are lots of friendly people in lightning, and the person of whom I speak is of a different forum

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Christmas day I was in a clan chat late at night whilst I was scaping. When I joined I immediately sensed trouble. There was a power abusing chat mod in there. I had no prior knowledge to the conversation before I joined in but he said stfu and kicked someone. So rather then risk being kicked I be friendly with this guy. Later on he kicks someone for asking what drops vulture eggs and said 'Go cry about it where someone cares, gtfo'.

So anyway, then this chat mod starts going on about 'Hannah Montana' (I use inverted commas seeing as I've never heard of her before) and won't friggin shut up about how he lurvs her music etc. then he starts spamming the clan chat up by singing lyrics to her songs so rather then tell him to stop I start singing lyrics from a Rise Against song. Then this loser starts showing his true side:

chathistoryxf1.png

So I didn't reply because I began to research on this Hannah Montana. I find out she is a kid's show pop singer or summat like that, so I return to the clan chat and told the chat mod to laugh at himself for liking such music being a teenage male, and I also called him an idiot. Of course then I left the chat knowing he would kick me, so rather then give him the satisfaction, yeah, I left. then he I return and find he's not on the chat, then suddenly he comes back and says to everyone that he sent me a pm on a different forum (not tip it) though its prolly easy to guess which forum it is (I blanked the course language):

insulteditedkv4.png

So I report him to a forum mod and he gets suspended. Then next day I return to the chat and am told that the chat mod said whenever he sees me he'll kick me from the clan chat. Then another chat mode told me that he told him to kick me, but I explained myself to him and so he didn't. so I'm there for an hour or so enjoying conversing with people when lo and behold the abusive mod comes in and kicks me. Each time I log in and he logs in after me he kicks me.

So then I start going to the chat on different accounts to sort of 'spy' on this guy, seeing as he's irl mates with the chat owner. The clan chat owner tells him that he should show a little more love to people, seeing as ALOT of people complain about him. Whenever someone disagrees with him he says 'Go cry about it somewhere else' and kicks them.

The next time I'm on a apologise to the mod but he still continues to kick me, so rather then fight the MOD Edit: Try not to avoid the censor :) ~ Shaz I made my switch to lightning clan chat, which I'll be staying at <3:

What really annoys me is this a hole tries to act mature in front of everyone, especially the chat owner. when no one's around though he turns into a maniac. So anyway, thats my little rant about someone who went too far. I'm never gonna go back to that clan chat :uhh:

happysigbp0.jpg

Okay....I am not sure where to start. Obviously the guy has issues, but I don't think I would have let it get this far. I would have just added him to ignore and found a different clan chat.

I don't think that you helped the issue any by "spying" on him. But if he truly did send you that message in another forum, then his issues far exceed is power lust in the game.

felter_laur.png

omg youve never heard hannah montana before?? that guy is a p-word if he likes her songs rofl still he has issues and you know people in this world have problems

+1

MOD EDIT: Please try to post something more than +1, as it is considered spam.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

omg youve never heard hannah montana before?? that guy is a p-word if he likes her songs rofl still he has issues and you know people in this world have problems

+1

I have to listen to Hannah Montana nearly everyday (I have a four year old daughter). It isn't that bad. Calling someone a name like that for their musical preference is just not nice. What music do you listen to? I am sure that I would probably not like it. Does that make you the same thing in my eyes? Seriously, come on.

felter_laur.png

Rise Against...

EMO?

What is this world coming to? RA sing more about equality and decency of life as opposed to they typical "emo" music. They are more punk than anything. Always remember that emo music died out in the late 90's anyway.

OT: Well, based off of the above, the guy obviously has no idea what he's talking about. He is probably an insecure 14-15 year old kid who has nothing better to do than call people names he has never met or knows nothing about. I'd just send him a PM back saying..."Lol, Noob".

ZpFishingSkillChamp.gif

Rise Against...

EMO?

What is this world coming to? RA sing more about equality and decency of life as opposed to they typical "emo" music. They are more punk than anything. Always remember that emo music died out in the late 90's anyway.

OT: Well, based off of the above, the guy obviously has no idea what he's talking about. He is probably an insecure 14-15 year old kid who has nothing better to do than call people names he has never met or knows nothing about. I'd just send him a PM back saying..."Lol, Noob".

I seriously don't get what emo is. I see it referenced throughout this forum and alot in game. Could someone explain this to me?

felter_laur.png

Rise Against...

EMO?

Off Topic: To the person above, emo is a stereotype used to label people who generally dress in black and supposedly cut their wrists. Normally the label isn't true.

Anywho, back on topic. Nomoredead, sending hima PM saying he is a noob is the most pointless and idiotic thing you could do. Fan the flames on this fire. Spying isn't a good thing. I would strongly advise you just stay the heck away from that chat. It isn't worth it getting into a fight with this guy over music and getting yourself banned from forums and possibly banned on Runescape.

Can you give me the address, house number, state, town, phone number, a sniper rifle, and the location of the highest sniping point above that clan mods house? I'm going to do some early spring cleaning.

To avoid any true trace back to me, you are going to have to supply your own scope.

felter_laur.png

+1

I have to listen to Hannah Montana nearly everyday (I have a four year old daughter). It isn't that bad. Calling someone a name like that for their musical preference is just not nice. What music do you listen to? I am sure that I would probably not like it. Does that make you the same thing in my eyes? Seriously, come on.

well it depends if ur a guy or a girl hannah montanna is more girly then guyish but its ok for guys to like her but not her music like a guy singing the theme song of her show :shock: wonder how many people will be staring

Im so high I belive i can flyrang3_x_2h.png

you shouldn't really have called him stupid in the first place. But it happens,

that doesn't give him any right to behave like that, either mental health or some real life issues going on for him.

People think they can get away with so much on the internet. These people obviously exist IRL too, but it's easier for them to exist on the net. You jus have to ignore them and know or hope anyway that most people are decent.

It can be hard to understand, but it is usually beyond their immediate control.

That private message was just abusive, you did well to keep your calm, I may have struggled.

Deep_pain.gif

Co-Founder of KoA over 18's clan. Founded 2002. An RS clan for adults only.

Now Recruiting

Rise Against...

EMO?

I seriously don't get what emo is. I see it referenced throughout this forum and alot in game. Could someone explain this to me?

"Emo" which is short for "Emotional" is a genre of music that relates to the writer of the song expressing his or her emotional problems (Girlfriend/Boyfriend issues are common, as well as death of loved ones). Most TRUE Emo bands get their roots from punk, and the songs are therefore moreso agressive and fast-paced than your standard radio music. Emo today has been reduced to a fashion statement by kids who live in suburbs who have their girlfriends dump them and decide to whine about it. Most emo bands appeal to these people in a small percentile. They relate moreso to people who connect with their music...which is just about everyone. This is why the Emo 'trend' has become so popular in the U.S. Most "Emo" kids have no idea where emo music came from (they tend to not care about the roots of the music), and are therefore viewed upon as "posers".

Side note: "Emo's" (which are usually people who think their girlfriend dumping them is the end of the world) today are constantly made fun of and stereotyped. The "Cutting your wrists" reference comes from a small percentage of kids who use cut their wrists to relieve stress and aviod emotional pain.

Which is why that guys wording was idiotic. How ignorant some kids can be...

And about my "Send him a PM back saying "lol, noob"", that was a joke, don't do that, or you're not much better than him.

Good luck :D...hope I helped clarify some things...and I REALLY hope this doesn't become an emo-flame-fest.

ZpFishingSkillChamp.gif