[New Pixel] Pink Floyd (update)

loaf2000

this is what ive been working on for the past few weeks.

It's not quite finished. there are a few small details i'll fix.

Im liking how it came out.

heres version 1:

pinkfloyd2by6.png

then version 2 (sig):

pinkfloydwbricksai3.png

I still need to fix the bricks a little .

Im going to let ledzeprox99 use this.

[new] version 3:

pinkfloydwbricksxp3.png

(added curtains, an amp, fixed roger a little,... )

I havn't had much time lately so that's why it took a week or two for me to update. -.-

also I used a picture as a reference( loosley)

[hide]pinkfloydlivelo3.png[/hide]

and here are some of the wips. I dont have all of them:

[hide]wipsxp7.png[/hide]

spidermancityod6.png

pixel sig and avatar by me.

It does seem very empty... More background stuff would be good. Perhaps a few more amps, or a lighting system, would be good in there. You're not looking to capture the image you're using as a reference perfectly, you're looking to make a good-looking sig using ideas from the image.

Also, the colours on the drummer, drum kit and keyboard look quite unrealistic to me. I'm sorry I can't offer any help with them, but I'm not so good in that area. And it also may be just me that thinks this.

Overall, it's very good so far, I think it should still be considered a WIP though. There's definitely more that can be done to it to make it better, more interesting, and more captivating.

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

Really cool at the moment. Your shading style fits greatly with these kind of pixel signatures.

The favourite part currently on this one are definatly the jeans on the two guys on the left. Really cool shading and color use in them.

Keep it going :thumbsup:

mini-eerikki.jpeg

runemetsauserbar.jpg

[Star Wreck][PM me][My gallery][DeviantArt][Cool T-shirts!]

[iron Sky - Trailer is now out!]

thanks guys.

It might be empty because I left the cords and mics out entirely. Should I put them in? I left them out because I didnt want this to get cluttered.

and ill try to make nicks head smaller.

Also, the colours on the drummer, drum kit and keyboard look quite unrealistic to me.

I dont really know what to do about that. :-k

You're not looking to capture the image you're using as a reference perfectly, you're looking to make a good-looking sig using ideas from the image.

Exactly.

I didnt try to make it the same. I didnt like how roger was facing away so I changed him completely.

spidermancityod6.png

Pink floyd <3:

I like the colors and the shading.

However, I think it lacks dynamism, the characters poses are somewhat stiff.

I also think you should detail the background more, not leave it that empty. Maybe add some curtains?

Oh and one last nitpick, the orange guitar shouldn't be outlined with such a dark color, maybe use a softer purple?

Good luck finishing this :)

borderedsh0ai8uxj5.png

Thanks To:reddawn509, Hoopster211, JacobRyan, navyplaya, bigsword33, Ferahgo28, speedofsound, Goldwolflord, unknowz, GonAndGary and born2die

Oh and one last nitpick, the orange guitar shouldn't be outlined with such a dark color, maybe use a softer purple?

its not an orange guitar. its supposed to have a sunburst finish like this:

basstr6.png

spidermancityod6.png

It's not bad, but it could definitely get better. I love your shading and coloring style, it's unique and very interesting to look at. However..

-*Gasp*.. Roger(or is that David with the sunburst guitar?) has boobs?!? :shock: I think you might have over shaded his chest a bit..

-You might want to thicken the black band on the sunburst pattern of the guitar..

-It's rather empty at the moment.

-Nick's head really is too big..

-The center drum should be bigger.

Other than that, it's pretty good, methinks... It just isn't your best.

I give it-

Seven kittens out of ten.

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

I agree, his arm is not right. Too small, just make it a little longer and it would be right. And the head on the pianist is a little big but I really like it :o.

It's obvious you've put a lot of work into it and I like it a lot :] 9/10

jiraiya_lova

3b56ac8e.png

Looking awesome :). Perhaps try to make the wall at the back look a bit more like a wall with some detail on it?

Good work so far!

good idea. maybe I should put a brick pattern?

spidermancityod6.png

• 2 weeks later...

no it is ok loaf. The sig i think turned out to look verrry amazing. I am in no knowledge of any of this sig making and stuff, i dont have a clue about it. I still wonder what do you people use to make the sigs, I would like to start trying it and maybe I could eventually get better and better as time went on with practice. :)

Leds_My_Name.png

Wohoo Pink Floyd! Awesome man. One of greatest bands in the history of music. Too bad its quite hard to pixel these guys to make them look-a-like, because they don't have really no parts that makes them easier to recognize. Well, I love the band, I like the outcome.

I think you should add Gilmour a microphone, since he probably is singing there. ;) And btw, I love gilmours guitar, just looks brilliant.

AND..

Hey mate, if you have any time I would be really much interested of getting same styled siggy of Oasis. PM me if you find any time. ;) <3:

u5zhkTY.gif