Now I've tried everything...

Junkie_Joe

Well, up untill now, I've always wanted to know how muted accounts work - As of today, I can honestly say, I know.

As I logged on my account this morning, I noticed that I had two messages waiting for me. I logged on to read them, and it said that

a) I've broken a rule

B) "Changes" have been made to my account.

Not knowing a thing about how it's like have a black mark, I logged on the 'Appeal an offence'-thing, and I demanded the evidence.

What I've done, I'll mention later on.

As I was about to log out, I say my perfect 0 black marks was now 0.5 :cry:

Little did I know that right below, it said that I was muted for 1 more day. MUTED!

I went to see the evidence again. It was a minute-long conversation. It was just an everyday conversation with one of my good in-game friends - We were at the Duel Arena (being a level 3, it was my first time) and I just couldn't resist calling him (my friend) a "Level 83 narb, and I'll pwn u!"

I doubt this was the reason why I got muted.

Anyways, the evidence also included my very own definition of the world 'Cool'. Surely, nothing was offensive there, so I won't even bother writing what it was.

Then, after reading the whole conversation twice, I noticed the sinner - I was doing the Snowman Dance emote, and I said that I looked like I was on drugs.

Now I KNOW that you shouldn't mention drugs in-game. But c'mon! It was obviously on my own behalf. I said I looked like I was on drugs.

This is just too much! Why, oh why, would ANYONE find this offensive?! I did not point my statement at ANYONE. I was about myself, therefore nobody should find this offensive but myself. Is the word "drugs" itself offensive? Who are we trying to spare here? Surely, our RuneScape player (Who is 13+, let's not forget it) knows about the word "drugs". They need to know the word, in order to associate it with 'bad', or whatever they're told.

In a way, I'm glad that Jagex gave me the opportunity to see why people are accusing RuneScape to be "child-friendly".

I logged on briefly, just to expirience the feeling of being muted. As I walked around, I saw several players actually offending eachother. Life-time ban, please?

I do not wish your sympathy. That is by no means the intention of this thread. I just wanted to clear my mind. I'm sure alot of people will tell me that it's my own fault. To that I reply "Thank-you, Captain Obvious". Of course it's my own fault. I said one the 'No-No-Words'. And I shall take my punishment. Even thought it's just stupid, I understand that there's nothing I can do now, but to stop using the words, that Jagex considers to be offensive. Well, that'll take a proper chunk out of my vocabulary, but I'll manage.

Why not block out the word 'Drugs'? If the word itself is offensive, surely it should be sent to hell by the almighty chat-censor.

I'll stop here, before this becomes a suggestions-thread.

Kudos to he who reported me though, I hope you get that little silver crown you're hunting for. Promise me, that once you get it, mute EVERYONE for saying the bad words. Sarcasm is the Devil's work, so please strike down on that too.

If you've read the whole post, you deserve a cookie. I know it's long, but I needed to clear out my mind.

This post has been all about the negative, so I thought I'd end it with a happy little thought.

Curiosity killed the cat - Stupidity killed RuneScape.

Cheers,

Muted Joe.

signature8xy4.gif

Thanks to Jwrm22 for helping me with the signature :D

Have a look at my 'Land of Fakes'

Private chat ON, give me a HYT and I'll HYT you back :D

i totally agree with you, im actually being paranoid when i play runescape, people report me for everything, even when i dont even say anything.

what the hell is offensive about saying "i look like i am on drugs"? someone, please tell me, its not offensive, just funny.

karlpetter.gif

I used to be paranoid about that, so I'd say my public chat was off if someone started following me at any point.

Now that autoers are no longer a threat, I'm not worried about being falsely banned for macroing because I didn't respond to someone. I do, however, watch very closely what I say.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

That's kind of sad that you got in trouble for that, considering that there is a whole skill that revolves around drugs: Herblore 8-)

Not to mention all the alcoholic drinks on this game.

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=673718&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=120

Read this. It's all you'll ever need!

Welcome to the Society of Muted People.

::'

Hehe, thanks, but it's only for one day, so I guess I'll manage.

wait... all this for a level 3 account?

It's my one and only account. It's my main account.

Besides, does it matter? I'm not ranting about my account being muted, I'm ranting about the reason.

signature8xy4.gif

Well, up untill now, I've always wanted to know how muted accounts work - As of today, I can honestly say, I know.

As I logged on my account this morning, I noticed that I had two messages waiting for me. I logged on to read them, and it said that

a) I've broken a rule

Not knowing a thing about how it's like have a black mark, I logged on the 'Appeal an offence'-thing, and I demanded the evidence.

Little did I know that right below, it said that I was muted for 1 more day. MUTED!

I went to see the evidence again. It was a minute-long conversation. It was just an everyday conversation with one of my good in-game friends - We were at the Duel Arena (being a level 3, it was my first time) and I just couldn't resist calling him (my friend) a "Level 83 narb, and I'll pwn u!"

Anyways, the evidence also included my very own definition of the world 'Cool'. Surely, nothing was offensive there, so I won't even bother writing what it was.

Then, after reading the whole conversation twice, I noticed the sinner - I was doing the Snowman Dance emote, and I said that I looked like I was on drugs.

Now I KNOW that you shouldn't mention drugs in-game. But c'mon! It was obviously on my own behalf. I said I looked like I was on drugs.

This is just too much! Why, oh why, would ANYONE find this offensive?! I did not point my statement at ANYONE. I was about myself, therefore nobody should find this offensive but myself. Is the word "drugs" itself offensive? Who are we trying to spare here? Surely, our RuneScape player (Who is 13+, let's not forget it) knows about the word "drugs". They need to know the word, in order to associate it with 'bad', or whatever they're told.

In a way, I'm glad that Jagex gave me the opportunity to see why people are accusing RuneScape to be "child-friendly".

I logged on briefly, just to expirience the feeling of being muted. As I walked around, I saw several players actually offending eachother. Life-time ban, please?

I do not wish your sympathy. That is by no means the intention of this thread. I just wanted to clear my mind. I'm sure alot of people will tell me that it's my own fault. To that I reply "Thank-you, Captain Obvious". Of course it's my own fault. I said one the 'No-No-Words'. And I shall take my punishment. Even thought it's just stupid, I understand that there's nothing I can do now, but to stop using the words, that Jagex considers to be offensive. Well, that'll take a proper chunk out of my vocabulary, but I'll manage.

Why not block out the word 'Drugs'? If the word itself is offensive, surely it should be sent to hell by the almighty chat-censor.

Kudos to he who reported me though, I hope you get that little silver crown you're hunting for. Promise me, that once you get it, mute EVERYONE for saying the bad words. Sarcasm is the Devil's work, so please strike down on that too.

If you've read the whole post, you deserve a cookie. I know it's long, but I needed to clear out my mind.

This post has been all about the negative, so I thought I'd end it with a happy little thought.

Cheers,

Muted Joe.

And it might have nothing to do with your name "Junkie Joe"?

ashmsig1uq.png

overseerlp5.png

R.I.P. Shiva and Steve

And it might have nothing to do with your name "Junkie Joe"?

Nope.

a) I've had it since RuneScape Classic

B) The evidence was a conversation.

But I haven't thought of it that way. Junkie Joe + Drugs = Mute? :shock:

signature8xy4.gif

a) I've broken a rule

Cheers,

Muted Joe.

what is the difference of a potion to cure poison, or a drug to cure poison? if you can use them on the game you should be able to use the words, just because it is called something else doesnt make it any different.

227251.png

Exactly why you got muted. Some loser with the life's intention of becoming a mod did that.

madmax_410.png

madmax_410.png

I could see how that could be offensive.

I don't think you should have to be thinking about wether you "could" see a name as offensive.

I don't think it was your name. I doesn't make any sense to me why names are being banned that are accepted in the first place. Don't ban the account if you accepted the name to start...it can ruin good accounts. Just because it can be interpreted as offensive doesn't mean it is intended as such.

ZpFishingSkillChamp.gif