If Charms 'were' tradeable would you buy them?

TheLad1

i'd buy them. Although this skill has people fighting stuff they wouldn't have before. My goal is 31,me being a vampire fanatic, so i have to collect a few hundred charms and mine my own iron. I hate mining <.<

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

how on Earth can 99% of RuneScape afford to train this skill beyond even a half-decent level?

By taking their time and being smart.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Nope, i would rather waste 2 hours collecting them then buy em off someone for rip-off prices ::'

If they were tradeable, yous till could get them yourself if you want to...

I really hope they become tradeable, or that Jagex makes an easier way to get them.

And I really hope they don't.

It's about time we had a good skill you couldn't buy with money ror no-life to 99 in a week.

Agility, slayer, fishing, mining. All skills that cannot be bought or no lifed in a week.

It would ahve been nice if they made it like farming. Give you a way to buy it, but it's still slow. Or let you get it the slow and cheap way with herbs and low level seeds.

Currently, I just don't see a reason to pay the prices or the time to get the high levels. The rewards at the higher levels don't justify the cost for me at all.

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

I probably wouldnt buy them, but, since im training slayer anyway, I would more than likely want to sell the excess ones I wouldnt be using. Its a shame theres not a way to craft pouches or crystal shards either. (the pouches could be crafted using silk for example). I guess Im going to wait until february and the rest of the update.

Stusangel.png

Stusangel.png

Yes, real world time is far more valuable than RS money. If you don't spend money on saving time, what would you spend it on? (especially now with no investment in rares)

It nseems silly to me, people who think that money should be spent to look cool. Money is solidified time. IRL aswell. Use it wisely :)

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

how on Earth can 99% of RuneScape afford to train this skill beyond even a half-decent level?

By taking their time and being smart.

time is money..so taking your time in this sense is definitely "not smart"...and may i ask what you mean by "being smart"?

the minimum cost for the skill to 99 is 11 million gold doing turtles or w/e...gl getting 200,000 or so shells + 200,000 gold charms.

i have about 1 billion net worth now (spent hundreds of mills on farming, smithing, construction, and bursted/chinned range and magic), and the amount of people with 1 billion+ is such a small fraction compared to the whole population. to lvl the skill in an actual manner that makes sense, it's going to cost at least 100M in shards and seconds + takes about as long as 99 slayer (just to gather the charms), and then take about as long as an average speed skill to lvl it (approx 60-100k an hour exp) ....WITH NO REAL REWARD! the amount of people with even 100M is VERY small in relation to the entire RS population..and the amount of time available to get this skill up (at least imo) is een more unavailable.

time is money..and may i ask what you mean by "being smart"?

LOL

the minimum cost for the skill to 99 is 11 million gold doing turtles or w/e...gl getting 200,000 or so shells + 200,000 gold charms.

Your point is? just don't train it that way...

it's going to cost at least 100M in shards and seconds + takes about as long as 99 slayer (just to gather the charms), and then take about as long as an average speed skill to lvl it (approx 60-100k an hour exp)

By the time it does cost 100M in shard i will have made 150M+ in loot and gained tons of exp in not one or two but...8! skill (Attack,Str,Def,Hp,Ranged,Magic,Slayer and Summoning)

Stephleref.png

then I would go to f2p and laugh at noobs that think 126 is the max level and I'd say I hacked runescape. :twisted: :mrgreen:

If you get your combat lvl to 138 in f2p worlds you would still be lvl 126.

I think I might buy some but not all since it would be increadibly expensive and don't have the cash..

time is money..and may i ask what you mean by "being smart"?

LOL

what are you loling at? if you don't consider time valuable and valuing it over rs money then you're a fool.

Your point is? just don't train it that way...

i'm not training it to begin with. it's got [cabbage] rewards and lvls your combat for no advantages.

and ok...i'll do it using blue charms that don't require many shards and have a reasonable second (an adamant bar for example). then it costs 185M in secondaries/shards assuming you pay 2.3k an addy bar. judging by charm collecting topics, you can get 60 gold by the time you can get 1 blue. so you still need to spend the same amount of time collecting the charms....if not even MORE time because if that rate continues to be constant you could get approx 800k gold charms by the time you can get enough blue for 99.

it's going to cost at least 100M in shards and seconds + takes about as long as 99 slayer (just to gather the charms), and then take about as long as an average speed skill to lvl it (approx 60-100k an hour exp)

By the time it does cost 100M in shard i will have made 150M+ in loot and gained tons of exp in not one or two but...8! skill (Attack,Str,Def,Hp,Ranged,Magic,Slayer and Summoning)

150M in loot huh...then why does 99 slayer give approximately 90M-100M in loot not counting money spent on food, potions, or cannon balls...not to mention people with 99 hp need to get it all over again just to lvl another skill. if they had 99 hp before slayer, then that makes a 3rd time. kinda unreasonable if you ask me....and again, once your charms are collected...that's only the beginning. you haven't even trained the skill yet..awesome.

i would but there might be an issue with the skill being too easy, maybe a shop like zaff + acheivement diary- only buy 15k a day at like 50, 100, 1k each (since you only need one per pouch its really not that big of a deal)

08fbca3311.png

Electrone0.png

Winged Fish on a RWT complaint-

There's four complaints on the whole site, one from a mother who was convinced by her son that the RWTers she was buying him items from were from Jagex (and then got scammed and is taking it out on Jagex), two people complaining about having their accounts taken away, and one ranting on the trade restrictions and wilderness removal.

Now just change the background color and page layout, and you have the RSoF

I want them to be tradable so people who want to buy them can, and those who would rather collect them can also.

But I can see why they didn't make it tradable because if it was someone would get 99 in a matter of 5 days at the most because collecting charms is the most time consuming part of summoning.

smallsigr.jpg

If the price of the shards was lower, then yes, I would buy the charms. However, this isn't the case, so if charms were tradeable, I simply wouldn't buy them. Besides, you get a good amount by simply spending time in the Brimhaven Dungeon AND it gives you a reason to train your combat.

They are goin to be lowered next week and all money used you will get half back or just get hlaf of the shards back which is a nice deal

Whatisup618.png

whatisup618.png

Proud Owner Of A Quest Cape As Of 4/29/08