no people wont "get over it" - 1660+ views!

matt1991

exactly the kind of ignorant person im talking about, GG. there was no need to remove the wild completely, maybe restrict it somehow but not remove it. have fun slaving away just to get numbers on a game :lol: also the "sweatshops" wont get closed down, i am anti-rwt but i realise there will ALWAYS be sweatshops in poverty stricken areas, either owned by gold farming companies for games (runescape still being one of them, they just do "Powerlevelling" now) or big manufacturing companies who's CEO moves the labour to the cheapest place possible so they can pay themself ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã5m a year rather than ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã4.9m. also are you trying to say that jagex stopped RWT because of "feeling sorry for the sweatshop workers" or something? ROFL IRL, as i said before it just moved them to other repetative tasks.

p.s: the "Majority" of players could not care less about "macros" :lol:

i am ranting that jagex destroyed runescape for all players except addicted-to-rs jagex-puppets who just grind for levels, not trying to get anything changed.

"Addicted to rs jagex puppets"?

The only people Jagex "ruined" rs for were Pkers who were unwilling to use bounty hunter and droptraders/macroers. Yes, many Pkers left as a result but droptrading and macroing is pretty much gone (maybe with the exception of autotalkers, trying to recruit people for clan wars).

i cba repeating the reason why it hurt the game for none-pkers too, people just ignore it anyway.

also the "Only" people? hmm...lets say that irl, they made it so people who work in umm a shop's wages are put down to ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã1 an hour. would that "Only" ruin stuff for people who work in a shop, or would it [bleep] over other people too?

That arguement is invalid.

Minimum Wage. So unless that went down to ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã1 an hour, which it won't, then you would be able to use that arguement.

its a hypothetical situation, it doesnt need to be "valid". if it makes you happy, lets say also that the minimum wage was cancelled for them, but it was still on for every other job.

• 3 months later...

I quit playing for a while last summer some time and just decided to comeback and make a pker just to find out about this bullcrap update. I'm most likely never playing runescape again. I was playing it before members and as soon as members came out i subcribed to be a member. I logged yesterday and there were 4 people online...before i quit everytime I logged ont here would be atleast 5 or 6 times that many people. The PvP in runescape made it the online f2p mmo out for a long time. And they ruined that for their game in one foul sweep. And just to let everyone that thinks this only hurt pkers know it didnt...the bulk of the runescape economy revolved around pking. PKers/Pures= 70-80% of the skillers product buyers.

You have to adapt to bh, it is pking, you just need to lurn how to use the rules to your advantage, and there are far less sweat shops now, they have moved on to a diffrent game

090828110351.png

090914204824.png

XBL gamertag: SeismicTriangle

I'm just hoping that Jagex will make some good replacements for the wildy, i.e the PVP minigames that are supposed to come out this year and next.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

No, we will not get over it. JaGex ruined something that made them distinguishable from the competition, but now with gravestones and a neutered wilderness its almost like WoW. And no, that is not a good thing. Pking is the one thing I and alot of other people actually enjoyed about RS; the exhilirating rush of getting a kill is now almost impossible to find.

There really is no more point to playing Runescape, unless you enjoy doing repetitive tasks.

TA: Tea Drinker's Anonymous

Delectable tea or deadly poison...

This topic died a long time before the forum failure. It's too bad you (^) missed out on all the lovely comments people had to say about those who won't get over it, about how you should all just accept that the Wilderness as you loved it is NEVER COMING BACK!!

You really should just accept the inevitable, or quit. We like the latter option for you guys better...

Taking a Playstation 3 break.

card.png

The wildy wont come back they announced and i am or was going to be a pker and i dont think they shouldve have cut it down completely either. there r still sweatshops but the numbers they killed off r enormous which is good. Maybe deleting the wild was good if they found a replacement. bh isnt enough unless they can somhow make more caves with more fair level differences.

Maybe deleting the wild was good if they found a replacement. bh isnt enough unless they can somhow make more caves with more fair level differences.

So you're saying your gaming experience is worth more than someone elses poverty? :shame:

For me the main reason the wilderness was good was the risk vs reward of it, even if it did tend to lean to the risk part #-o (thank you Mr Pureclan). This risk vs reward part of the wilderness can be satisfied by other factions of the game so I'm not missing it.

I think the main reason people (and I mean that in the loosest sense of the word) don't like BH is because they can't kill anyone who doesn't want to kill other people, eg Treasure Hunters, Abbyssal Runecrafters, Rune Miners, etc.

Some people think that this integrated skilling/killing was a good part of runescape, fair point - it's something not many mmos have, but the *CHEATING* that happened because of the wilderness, let alone the sweatshops, is not outweighed by some people's (again, loosely) idea of fun.

p.s: the "Majority" of players could not care less about "macros" :lol:

And the "Says Who?" goes to...

you_win_the_prize.jpg

JRD ~

this-is-why-im-hot-super-mario-bros-fire-flower-funny-video-game-t-shirt-snorgtees.gif

GT: JRD is AvT

YT: hatethegamer

Youtube has nothing on it atm, but getting HD PVR within a month, so watch this space.

So you're saying your gaming experience is worth more than someone elses poverty? :shame:
Whose poverty exactly? What is the absolute worst thing that could happen if BH was made fairer? (i.e. more craters, smaller penalty, a true 1v1 arena)?

For me the main reason the wilderness was good was the risk vs reward of it, even if it did tend to lean to the risk part #-o (thank you Mr Pureclan). This risk vs reward part of the wilderness can be satisfied by other factions of the game so I'm not missing it.
What parts of the game exactly? With gravestones, even if you die, you just come back and pick up your stuff...

I think the main reason people (and I mean that in the loosest sense of the word) don't like BH is because they can't kill anyone who doesn't want to kill other people, eg Treasure Hunters, Abbyssal Runecrafters, Rune Miners, etc.
Actually, it's because of :

- The unfair level boundaries - I'm grouped with maxed out players, and targeted them too

- The huge penalty - I mean, cmon, 3 minutes against maxed out players after your food and prayer has been drained from a fight against a player who was a much higher level than you?

- The lack of 1v1 - half way through a fight, someone teleports to me and lands a KO hit -- WTF? Also, when tanking, as if 1 player isn't hard enough to thwart, I get 3-4...

Some people think that this integrated skilling/killing was a good part of runescape, fair point - it's something not many mmos have, but the *CHEATING* that happened because of the wilderness, let alone the sweatshops, is not outweighed by some people's (again, loosely) idea of fun.
That doesn't make sense to me, especially the bit about sweatshops; what are you saying? Also, you seem to be attacking a PKers idea of fun - why? They could just as easily mock you swinging a bloody axe at a tree 3 hours a day and finding it fun
The_Maddest.png

1, Asian People - I spose, to be honest I am not the most clued up on the macro/gold farmer situation.

2, Try Merchanting GE. No one said Risk Vs Reward had to be combat based.

3, Thank you for educating me, personally I only pk f2p and have only pked f2p, less complicated, more exciting, and I'm 100 cb f2p atm :)

4, I apologize, that was poorly worded, I meant the sweatshops that were allowed to operate fairly easily because of the wilderness.

5, I think woodcutting is boring as well <3: Slayer <3:

this-is-why-im-hot-super-mario-bros-fire-flower-funny-video-game-t-shirt-snorgtees.gif

GT: JRD is AvT

YT: hatethegamer

Youtube has nothing on it atm, but getting HD PVR within a month, so watch this space.

1, Asian People - I spose, to be honest I am not the most clued up on the macro/gold farmer situation.
Don't generalize.... Personally, I think Jagex did a bad job telling everyone that gold farmers are all chinese. This is completely uncalled for and just generated racist remarks (like yours)

2, Try Merchanting GE. No one said Risk Vs Reward had to be combat based.
I was actually on about pitting yourself against another human being across the globe in a test of wits and reactions (PKing). I guess the GE could come across as a risk vs reward...

3, Thank you for educating me, personally I only pk f2p and have only pked f2p, less complicated, more exciting, and I'm 100 cb f2p atm :)
I too only PK, and have only ever PKed F2P. I'm level 102 at the moment, but I'm stuck in the high crater. While you get easy rune kills preying on the level 60s, the level 120s get easy rune kills preying on people like me

4, I apologize, that was poorly worded, I meant the sweatshops that were allowed to operate fairly easily because of the wilderness.
I'm not sure if you realise, but it's fairly easy to transfer gold via BH

5, I think woodcutting is boring as well <3: Slayer <3:
W00t, someone who agrees with me! At last!
The_Maddest.png

I really just don't see the point in arguing over this though, because it was said the Wilderness will never be the same. Sure, you have the right to rant and whatever, but it's been about 7 months now, and people still haven't tried to find something else to do in RS besides complain. I do not understand why people feel the need to stick around solely to complain that they're not having fun anymore in RS. You'd think they'd at least try out other games, maybe there's one out there that has a similar PKing system? It helps everyone out... The RS players don't have to put up with pointless arguments and the PKer's can find a new game that they like.

card.png

The RS players don't have to put up with pointless arguments and the PKer's can find a new game that they like.

Well even if i wanted to go to a new game - I couldn't. I have dialup, because I live in the woods - not by choice. I dont't pk anyway so the whole BH thing does not bother me. I am just saying, that when the update did come out, I thought about what you said "switch to another game" - but as far as I know, no other mmorpg graphically good as rs (or better) could run on dialup.

Just kinda proving a point, not everyone has open options to just "switch" game all of a sudden if they don't like how things are going.

But like I said, personally I still love runescape because I don't ever really player kill.

I thought about what you said "switch to another game" - but as far as I know, no other mmorpg graphically good as rs (or better) could run on dialup.

Just kinda proving a point, not everyone has open options to just "switch" game all of a sudden if they don't like how things are going.

Oh come on-are you honestly saying that out of the millions of things to do in this world ,some people don't have the choice to switch to something else? what world are you living in, aru?

You dare question my eccentricities?

35aoys3.jpg

~The arus are back~

The RS players don't have to put up with pointless arguments and the PKer's can find a new game that they like.

Well even if i wanted to go to a new game - I couldn't. I have dialup, because I live in the woods - not by choice. I dont't pk anyway so the whole BH thing does not bother me. I am just saying, that when the update did come out, I thought about what you said "switch to another game" - but as far as I know, no other mmorpg graphically good as rs (or better) could run on dialup.

But like I said, personally I still love runescape because I don't ever really player kill.

Okay, that's fine. But for the people who are actually capable of looking for a better game and would rather sit in RS and related forums to complain instead of looking for a better game defeats common sense. They don't enjoy the game anymore, because the Wildy is gone forever, so why not move on and leave the other players be? I'm sure there is a vast quantity or players who would gladly love to stop hearing about how the Wildy should come back.

card.png

Oh come on-are you honestly saying that out of the millions of things to do in this world ,some people don't have the choice to switch to something else? what world are you living in, aru?

First off, im not complaing - like I said I don't even player-kill. Seemed like you were directing that to me exactly.

And also, its not as easy as you think to find another game to run on dial-up- all other mmorpgs require a massive download at the begining of playing/huge hundred of MB size file updates. So, you are uneducated on that matter, no offense at all.

Also, maybe there is a rare game you could find somewhere that is barley dial-up compatable, im sure it doesn't even rank close at all to the level that runescape, wow, and other mmorpg's are.

First off, im not complaing - like I said I don't even player-kill. Seemed like you were directing that to me exactly.

And also, its not as easy as you think to find another game to run on dial-up- all other mmorpgs require a massive download at the begining of playing/huge hundred of MB size file updates. So, you are uneducated on that matter, no offense at all.

Also, maybe there is a rare game you could find somewhere that is barley dial-up compatable, im sure it doesn't even rank close at all to the level that runescape, wow, and other mmorpg's are.

I wasn't targeting you.

And I'm not speaking of the population using dial-up, but those who are using cable/DSL.

It is quite easy to find another game, a simple Google search for an MMORPG games list, has yielded quite a few browser based games to me in the past, which I've tried (though weren't to my liking).

Browser based games require little to no downloads, especially not "massive download at the begining/huge hundred of MB size file updates".

I am very educated in the matter of internet download speeds, as well as many other computer-related matters, so I do know what kind of predicament you're in AND I sympathize with you for having such a slow internet, so don't worry.

But again, I am ONLY referring to those who ARE CAPABLE of searching for another game, yet choose not to do so. Please don't misunderstand me, I'm not trying to pick a fight with you or something.

card.png

I wasn't targeting you.

And I'm not speaking of the population using dial-up, but those who are using cable/DSL.

It is quite easy to find another game, a simple Google search for an MMORPG games list, has yielded quite a few browser based games to me in the past, which I've tried (though weren't to my liking).

Browser based games require little to no downloads, especially not "massive download at the begining/huge hundred of MB size file updates".

I am very educated in the matter of internet download speeds, as well as many other computer-related matters, so I do know what kind of predicament you're in AND I sympathize with you for having such a slow internet, so don't worry.

But again, I am ONLY referring to those who ARE CAPABLE of searching for another game, yet choose not to do so. Please don't misunderstand me, I'm not trying to pick a fight with you or something.

I wasn't qouting you at all. Your post was fine the first time, I agreed with you :thumbsup: . In my post you can see I qouted RandomKnight. Ok? So I wasn't saying anything against you, your post I agreed with.

I have no idea were you got that from

If you only spend a little while searching for one that will run on your computer than, yeah its going to be hard to find one-but if you put enough effort into it you'll find one

The phrase "beggars can't be choosers" comes to mind, aru

You dare question my eccentricities?

35aoys3.jpg

~The arus are back~

The phrase "beggars can't be choosers" comes to mind, aru

True, I guess people on dial-up are just the scum in gutters in the online world.

When it comes to online games...you're not too far off.

Runescape isn't one of them, but any game where people host their own servers will most likely ban people on dial up for screwing up the server for everyone else.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Yeah, it's a shame. I'm the only one down my road too for a mile, so no hope dsl/cable even coming down here. :roll:

Suppose it's a good thing that RS is the only game I like and it can run on dial-up. :D