Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

stevepole

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone downloaded the theatrical trailer from the Playstation store? Im never influenced by advertisements but that trailer almost sold the game to me there and then. Its worth watching even if you already have MGS4. Theres this great line in it; "Evil is powerful....But courage is SOLID".

Thing is ive never played MGS before, so I'm gonna buy MGS1, 2, and 3 first. But only if i can find them at a decent price on ebay... I'm not paying £30 for a PS1 game even if it is the awesomness that is MGS.

mgssteelwarol7.png

Thing is ive never played MGS before, so I'm gonna buy MGS1, 2, and 3 first. But only if i can find them at a decent price on ebay... I'm not paying £30 for a PS1 game even if it is the awesomness that is MGS.

The MGS: Essential Collection for the PS2 was released a few months ago. It's $30 and has MGS 1, 2 and 3.

The MGS: Essential Collection for the PS2 was released a few months ago. It's $30 and has MGS 1, 2 and 3.

Thanks for the suggestion but that wa sonly released in North America and Japan, and I have a PAL PS2/PS3 so I cant play them... so im left to be ripped off on ebay.
mgssteelwarol7.png

Thanks for the suggestion but that wa sonly released in North America and Japan, and I have a PAL PS2/PS3 so I cant play them... so im left to be ripped off on ebay.

Ahhh.. That's too bad :(.

Wow, in Canada I have never seen a Metal Gear Solid 4 Commercial, and in the US on my vacation I saw it 3 times an Hour!
Well this wasn't on TV, this was a download from the Playstation Store.

And, I technically don't own a Playstation 3. Its my dad's, and I only see him every month.

I started the game Saturday night, i just finished it about 3 minutes ago....This game replaced The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past as the best game i have ever played.

[hide=Best part ever!]Best part in the whole thing was the fight at the end, was so much fun and the music was amazing.[/hide]

2w2n7nn.jpg

Best character ever

Got the Big Boss emblem recently \'. Dammit that's hard, must be the hardest thing I've ever done in a videogame. Did it on second playthrough as well :D .

~Boo

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

Got the Big Boss emblem recently \'. Dammit that's hard, must be the hardest thing I've ever done in a videogame. Did it on second playthrough as well :D .

~Boo

What are the requirements this time?

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

what order are the games in this series ment to be in

is it 3,1,2,4 cos im realy confuzled after playing 3 and reading about 1,2 and 4

3 is a prequel set during the cold war, so on a timeline it would be 3,1,2,4. There are 2 other games called Metal Gear 1&2 which were released in like 1989 for the NES or something, so they come before MGS1, but you dont really need to know about them to understand the story.

mgssteelwarol7.png

what order are the games in this series ment to be in

is it 3,1,2,4 cos im realy confuzled after playing 3 and reading about 1,2 and 4

3 is a prequel set during the cold war, so on a timeline it would be 3,1,2,4. There are 2 other games called Metal Gear 1&2 which were released in like 1989 for the NES or something, so they come before MGS1, but you dont really need to know about them to understand the story.

Well, I guess I should tell my dad that... He is so confused

• 3 weeks later...

Got the game on order, have a few questions. No spoilers please.

Is the health system the same as MGS3 where it recharges?

Is square still shoot? (please no)

Is there still a codec?

and do you still get the "Snake? SNAKE! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SNAAAAAAKE!!" when you die? :D

mgssteelwarol7.png

Is there still a codec?

and do you still get the "Snake? SNAKE! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SNAAAAAAKE!!" when you die? :D

Yes,

No, Right Trigger (or left depending)

I don't believe so #-o

Yes

5 Dollas please :D jking

Is there still a codec?

Yes,

I don't believe so #-o

Yes

There is CODEC, but you access it through the start menu.

I've beaten the game on Solid Normal, Big Boss Hard, The Boss Extreme, Liquid Easy (solely for an easy Assassin emblem and Solar Gun), and am currently doing Naked Normal, just so that I've beaten all difficulties. Unfortunately, I'm not nearly good enough to get any emblem better than Wolf.

?r=191108

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.

Is there still a codec?

Yes,

I don't believe so #-o

Yes

There is CODEC, but you access it through the start menu.

I've beaten the game on Solid Normal, Big Boss Hard, The Boss Extreme, Liquid Easy (solely for an easy Assassin emblem and Solar Gun), and am currently doing Naked Normal, just so that I've beaten all difficulties. Unfortunately, I'm not nearly good enough to get any emblem better than Wolf.

Wow, that is one big freaking list... I'm only playing on Naked Normal.

[hide=Spoiler]I felt the game is fantastic. The ending really pushed the game from Awesome to A Gaming God. The sacrifice of all the characters truely put the right emotion of the game.

I feel though, what happened to Raiden was truely saddening.

To be honest, as a person who beat every game in the series (Including Metal Gear 1 and 2) I cried after the game ended. Powerful isn't the word for it, it's not the right one.[/hide]

By the way, MGS > GTA. -Prepares to be flamed by GTA fanboiz-

Valid_Logic.png

I had a piece of grass on my shoe, and she wiped that off. Yeah. Impressive, eh? That's probably the closest I've ever been to having sex. :P

[hide=Spoiler]I felt the game is fantastic. The ending really pushed the game from Awesome to A Gaming God. The sacrifice of all the characters truely put the right emotion of the game.

To be honest, as a person who beat every game in the series (Including Metal Gear 1 and 2) I cried after the game ended. Powerful isn't the word for it, it's not the right one.[/hide]

GT4 W4Z T3H B3S7!!! Haha, just kidding. I hate GTA.

Oh, and also... I must not look at the screen... I haven't finished the game and can't look at the spoiler... must resist pressing Submit...

GT4 W4Z T3H B3S7!!! Haha, just kidding. I hate GTA.

Oh, and also... I must not look at the screen... I haven't finished the game and can't look at the spoiler... must resist pressing Submit...

Oh well, I said "I cryed at the end of the game for various reasons. They are..."

Valid_Logic.png

I had a piece of grass on my shoe, and she wiped that off. Yeah. Impressive, eh? That's probably the closest I've ever been to having sex. :P