Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

stevepole

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should see all the rabid fanboys after EDGE's review of the game. They gave it an 8/10 and kids were going crazy over it. Sort of funny, really.

Anyways I don't have the game, nor a PS3, but just wanted to chime in on that.

halo 3 was given a 10/10 by edge and gave a 8/10 on bioshock lol

anyways that's just one review

it got a few 100's, 10/10, etc by alot of other reviewers also

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platfor ... hepatriots

i'm up to the last beauty and the beast and got stuck

Yeah I don't know why and how halo got a 10/10 from EDGE, usually they are pretty good.

And 10/10's really are just starting to mean nothing these days. All the major titles are being given it without any thought.

Well to be fair, the games that received them were pretty top-notch. Cod4, Bioshock, GTA4, Super Mario Galaxy. And if you need confirmation that 10/10 games DO have their limitations, just wait for yahtzee to review them (or grill them). :twisted:

Life is a joke. Yeah, I don't get it either.

Liquid is the best villain ever.

[hide=Contains spoiler about the end of Act 3]When the US marine unit surround him, he disables their nanomachines and then he pretends to shoot down the planes with his hand. THAT GOT TO BE THE BEST MOMENT OF THE GAME. Funny when he mimic'd his troops in killing the marines.[/hide]

newsigwu9.png

I'M SO EMO HAHAHAHAHAHA

Never owned a console, but I'm buying a Ps2 this summer to specifically to play MGS1-3 (along with a few others games...Okami, GoW, SotC, any FF I can get, Killer7...).

If I can find a 60gb PS3 I'm gonna grab it instead. I need that perfect BC. Since I won't find one though, I'll maybe pick up a PS3 next summer or something.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

Yahtzee's reviews are really the only reviews I still trust these days. Gamespot and IGN really just see big-name titles such as Halo 3 and Brawl, it automatically gets high marks. Yahtzee on the other hand just thinks everything is [cabbage] until proven to be not [cabbage]. The only reviews of his that I won't trust are the RPG reviews.

jjroxlu7.jpg

Stop mocking my epic boosting. ;)

I think I'll do what the one Rooster Teeth comic shows...

Burnie calling Xbox Live Support because Gus is boosting (I forget with what).

And he keeps calling, and calling... and then Gus calls against Burnie.

Lol, very funny.. just I can't find it again.

they somewhat explain the events and characters in mgs4 but playing 1-3 first would be best if you want to fully understand what is going on. They mention alot of characters from the previous that you'd have to play to know. Well even then a few items are still confusing

if you don't want to play through them then you should still pick up mgs4

btw mgs4, 1.4M sales in first 3 days :o

top selling game in all major regions. first time in a while

What?

m_theory11.png

they somewhat explain the events and characters in mgs4 but playing 1-3 first would be best if you want to fully understand what is going on. They mention alot of characters from the previous that you'd have to play to know. Well even then a few items are still confusing

if you don't want to play through them then you should still pick up mgs4

And if this is the first MGS game you have played (Like me) It will suck you in! The gameplay is so great! And Graphics 10/10! But, if they say something (Like in Mission 1; the "Gekkos"), I'd Google it.

But, other than that...

BUY IT! IT IS AWSOME!

^oh, you'll learn what the Gekko's are pretty damn fast. I absolutely hated them until I got the biggest and most epic weapon in the game (brought to you by Crying Wolf) that could one-hit them when fully charged. :shock:

?r=191108

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.

^oh, you'll learn what the Gekko's are pretty damn fast. I absolutely hated them until I got the biggest and most epic weapon in the game (brought to you by Crying Wolf) that could one-hit them when fully charged. :shock:

I hate the Gekkos from the one time I've seen

Grr...and Otacon...why can't he go away...I swear he is attracted to Snake. Go the hell away scientest guy who pees his pants when he sees a cyborg ninja.

Anyway, I had snake collect all the Playboys. Snake is a dirty old man...

Otacon: Snake, what are you doing in there? Why did you not let the MKII come in?

Snake: Hmm...oh thats good.

Otacon: Snake? Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!

Snake: SHUT UP OTACON! Jesus, can't a guy take a crap?

Otacon: Where'd the MKII's backup oil canister go?

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

I just completed the game a little while ago. Good game.

Best game I've played in a long time. Gameplay: 10/10, Story: 10/10, Graphics: 10/10, Replayability: 10/10. When this game came out, I decided it was time to go ahead and buy a PS3. I was not disappointed at all. At the beginning of the game I was feeling a bit let down, but once I got adjusted to the difficulty and started playing smarter, I couldn't put it down.

[hide=]And I really did shed a tear when Big Boss saluted the Boss's grave at thet end, very emotional moment. Using the last of the energy he had before he died to properly honor his idol that he himself had killed, one of the most moving moments in any game I've played.[/hide]

klaatu-tabs.jpg

"El que no arriesga no gana"