Kardish-Darkness Falls(Ulitharid(See NPC))

dragoonson

You walk slowly Eastward,with some marks from a recent battle further inland towards the meeting point you were supposed to head.As you pass a dense part of the forest,you can see some signs of civilization within 100 metres of your position.You quicken your pace and soon you have reached the beach.

You see two men,deep in conversation,one is robed in red and wears a turban,facing the ocean and the other is facing you.He seems to be of Human descent and has a headband strapped around his blond head,bejeweled on the forehead.Immediately next to them is some sort of creature flying a foot or two above ground,holding weapons corresponding to their owners.

When the Human spots you,he ends the conversation,claims his sword and walks North to a small fleet of ships.Now,the robed man stands slowly,taking his staff from the creature and leans heavily on it.He waves a hand dismissively and the creature vanishes in flames.

He turns slowly,and you can see some burns on his face,and a heavy base tan below it.He speaks to you now,albeit heavily accented,though you can understand it,probably due to the fact that you speak with a similar tongue.

Welcome,child to my dark land of Kardish.My name is unimportant,but I shall teach you more of this land.Currently,there are five great forces at work attempting to gain control of the whole continent.

Namely,they would be:

The Alliance,

The Rebellion,

The Cult,

Eaters,

Conquerors(us.This is the other forces name for us.)

We,my friends are those known as the Conquerors.We are the Evil force in this world,yes you heard me correctly.When we were born,we each had a certain...ability infused into us.Some can manipulate,and others can create.Currently,our army has been destroyed by a Coalition of our four enemies,and we are seen as the weakest link now.We can use this to our advantage,for as soon as we can find the location of our fallen brethren,we may reanimate them...

Exit character:Okay,I know this is a very cliche styled world,BUT our goal is not.Our goal is not necromantically reanimating the fallen,but to preserve and conquer the world.The Cult and The Eaters,they aim to destroy the world,but for different reasons.The Alliance and Rebellion are basically the same thing,but comprise of different type of people.

Enter character: The man is very charismatic.You find yourself somehow drawn to him,staring into his cold green eyes. He takes a scroll of parchment from his pocket,and unfolds it among its seams.Handing them to you he says, while you were taking your time getting here we did some recon.Here,weve also compiled information we have of the survivors,feel free to add yourself to the survivor list.Have fun reading You can taste his sarcasm,but decide not to complain about it.As you unroll the scroll,you realize the reason for the sarcasm,it was long and dry.You swallow,possibly sit down,and begin reading

[hide=Know Thine Enemies-Not Nessecary]The Alliance:What do we know about these people?I would say we know more about them than we do of anyone else.Headed by Termik,they strive to rid the land of all half-breeds.Sort of the Nazi-Hitler thing.

Strengths:They know the land the best,having libraries and other crud to reference.

Weaknesses:They underestimate other races,believing that theirs is the best(Even within themselves).Also,they cannot accept that other half-breeds occupy their lands.

The Rebellion:These are half-breed folk exiled from the richest lands of the Alliance.Forced to work together,their military skills have been mixed together in a variety of ways.

Stengths:Great teamwork and mixed fighting styles

Weaknesses:Being unable to get fertile lands like the Alliance,they rely on instinct,making them as primal as the Alliance saw them before.They are weak from hunger and sometimes thirst.They also seem to be "bullied" by the Alliance.

The Cult:These sons of [filth!] are out to destroy the world.They have eyes completely one color,based on their rank.From what we know,they serve one known as the "Seizer",and he devours worlds.We also know that they split themselves into two main factions,the Prophets and the Network.The Prophets are the only ones with plainly white eyes,and they commune with the Seizer himself.The Network carries out the grunt work,and they are divided into separate ranks.Unlike the Eaters,much of The Cult are native.

Strength:Vigorous fighting and they seem to be in a state of hypnosis,bearing a greater threshold for pain.

Weakness:We are unsure of their weakness,though they do seem to lack personal thought.If we can catch them with a strategy they do not expect,they might fall the most easily.

Eaters:These are the greatest threat to us,unless someone is playing possum.They aim to destroy our world,to boost their power.They came from outside our realm,and they seem to be of different races.We have determined that they have different classes of fighting styles as we do,and certain races seem to be in certain fighting styles.

Strength:Cause fear with their other-worldly appearances.

Weakness:They seem to be overconfident out of battle and seem to have low morale in battle.[/hide]

[hide=Know Thineself-Not Nessecary]We are,as you know,known to our enemies as the Conquerors.Our army was destroyed in the last battle,though we do have some survivors.You are obviously one of them.We each have been infused with some magical ability when we were born,that is good.Above that,we also have some ability to fight.Currently,we are based in the far East reach of continental Kardish,with the Eaters slightly North.Our other enemies are further inland,and the Cult is basing themselves on the West Coast.

You should know more of your past,so I shall tell you.Considering you survived the war,you were of high rank,at least a Sergeant.But that is not your heritage.We once came from across the seas,from a land called Desmar.But it was a desolate and horrible place.During the summer,it was hotter than the deserts the Rebellion is forced to live in.During the harsh winter,it is colder than the realm the Eaters came from.Thus,we left our home to seek a better place to live-Kardish...[/hide]

[hide=Lay of the Lands]Our previous recon missions have discovered some lands.There may be some boo-boos,and the maps are pretty old,so it may not be accurate.Except the Kardish one.We found it recently.The expiry date has not been reached.

Azreh-Goff.We origianlly wanted to invade this land,but something tells me their Gods would make them difficult thralls.

Azreh-Goff.jpg

Desmar.Our beloved homeland (sarcasm) .It may just be me,but I hated how the Great Drain negates abilities...The aqueducts were probably hard to build.

Desmar.jpg

Kardish.I think one of our Arcane Tricksters found this in an Alliance tent on his way back.

Kardish.jpg[/hide]

~My Word is Law~

-No God-mode-Its irritating.I swear.

-Controlling others is fine to a certain point.-If you do something with that character that is against what should have been done,its past the line.You can make him say certain things(within character) but thats as far as I feel comfortable with.

-Please,dont double post-It defeats the purpose of Role Playing.

One character per post please-I'm doing this to irritate you and myself.I constantly do this too.

Certain things dont need description-That is to say,if you had a sexual relationship,dont describe it.Its disgusting to imagine someone else procreating

Also note,that in this game I am not only the character I posted below,but I am also the "Dungeon Master".-I basically create encounters.While you yourself may create encounters,only those I create will further the plot.

[hide=Our World's Races and Classes]Well,as long as you are in this world you may be:

Human

Elf

Orc

Dwarf

Draconian(Dragon Eggs hatched magically,creating dragon-men,have a variety of species,with special breaths and special effects when slain)

Halfling

Kender

Gnome

Demonic-Tiefling

Celestial-Aasimar

Divine.(Id say its different from celestial in that divine comes directly from the gods.Celestial would be the angels)-Godblood

You may also be a combination,but state which.And if its a race like Half-Wolf,please tell me the abilities,the pros and cons.

As for the classes;(in order of power source)

-Martial ability-

Warrior(without honor,or beserk ability)

Knight(Strict code of honor)

Barbarian(Berserk)

Ranger(With tracking, and bow proficiency)

-Arcane ability-

Wizard(Constant need of study,single use per spell before rest)

Sorceror(Stronger in terms of battle,but less flexible in spell learning)

Shair(Learn spells via jinns teachings.Spells can take very long to cast,but allows greater flexibility.Jinns summoned must be in service of a particular element)

-Divine ability-

Druid(Gains spells from nature.Being in a city depletes their power)

Cleric(Obviously strongly of a healing nature.Gains spells from gods)

Monk(Gains spells from discipline,requires to learn spells AFTER rest)

Its not required that you take these classes,its just an outline.You can take prestige classes as well,provided you have the proficiency(to be an Arcane Archer,for example,you have to be able to shoot with a bow(knight,monk or ranger) and cast spells(pretty much all except the first 3))

Now,it is time we knew each other.Tell me of yourself.Set it out like this:

[hide=Create Thyself]

Name:

Nickname(What your higher-ups call you):

Rank(You are either Sergeant or Captain):

Race:

Allegiance(Who you truly support):

Infused ability:

Obtained ability(Your class):

Appearance:

Personality:

History:

Is there anything the DM can use to make your life miserable?(Seriously,fill it up.I need this):[/hide]

Our Comrades

[hide=Devlen-ME(1)]Name:Devlen Cryne

Nickname(What your higher-ups call you):Hotshot

Race:Half-jinn,Half-angel.His mother was an angel in service of a jinn,his father a jinn friend of the jinn his mother was in service of.He can fly and has uber charisma.

Allegiance(Who you support):Conquerors,though it is of worthy note he admires Termik of the Alliance

Infused ability:Manipulation of fire.

Obtained ability(Your class):Shair-Summons jinn of fire.

Appearance:Thin built,and has burns all over his forearms.He usually has a turban on,if not its a fez.He is slightly tanned,because he was raised in the desert(besides,if you are a shair you should have a tan.

Personality:Feels guilty for apparently killing his family,and bitter because of his destructive infused ability.

History:He once accidentally created a fire.The fire burnt his house down,apparently killing his parents.In reality,they fled to the upper plains,but could not bring Devlen with them.He feels guilty because he thinks he killed them.

Is there anything the DM can use to make your life miserable?:Put him in water,or anywhere that would negate his ability.Remind him of his parents death.[/hide]

[hide=Den-ME(2)]Name:Den Flockless

Nickname(What your higher-ups call you):Stiffle-lock

Rank(You are either Sergeant or Captain):Sergeant

Race:Human

Allegiance(Who you truly support):Conquerors

Infused ability:Is able to see through solid substances,such as grains of sand in mud or metal doors.He can hear about as well.

Obtained ability(Your class):Paladin+Rogue

Appearance:He has pale blond hair,with a short goatee.He has tattooed a holy symbol to his arm and has a few scars near his right eye from traps in locks.

Personality:He is very righteous but will not hesitate to pull tricks a rogue would,such as a sneak attack,dispite his paladinhood

History:He grew up in a family of master lockpicks that some would say rival the kenders ability.At around 12,he was brought to a monastery.Inspired,he converted to that religion and became a paladin,though he maintained his thieving abilities.

Is there anything the DM can use to make your life miserable?:Force him to choose between class and heritage.[/hide]

[hide=Langzor-Not me...I think its Langzor]Name: Langzor

Nickname (What your higher-ups call you): Sludger

Race: Human

Pros: Extremely paranoid, quick reflexes, extremely loyal once trust has been gained, keeps his bargains

Cons: Not very trusting, verging on the point of Schizophrenia, short temper, big gambler (Money, lives, all ends up the same: dust)

Allegiance: The Conquerors!

Infused Ability: Secretes a sludgy-acidic ooze from any part of his body when he wants to. Is titrated by water, can be spat long distances.

Obtained Ability:Crack shot with his acid, can tip weapons with an acid that isn't harmful to metals.

Appearance: His skin is a dirty-grey, matching the dull hue of his eyes. His clothes are made from a sturdy form of leather, found only on the Bloodbeasts in the extreme north of the lands.

Personality: Explained pretty well up there in Pros and Cons.

History: Born into an Alliance family, he hid his power until the age of 15, where he killed an adult who was trying to abduct him and conscript him into the Rebellion. He told his family, hoping they would understand. Locked in a dungeon, where he dissolved his way out through the walls and wandered the land until found by the Conquerors.[/hide]

[hide=Hawkie]Name: Hawk (NO WAY! )

Nickname (What your higher-ups call you): Hawk...

Rank (You are either Sergeant (1,2,3,Staff) or Captain): Captain

Race: Half-Elf, Half-Demon

Allegiance (Who you truly support): The Conquerors

Infused Ability: Able to transform at will into a demon-like creature, minimal magic powers. Invisibility,Darkvision.Now kids,don't go around adding new powers.These are relatively weak,considering.

Obtained Ability (Your class): Demon Hunter (from Warcraft III)

Appearance: Tall and thin, but with wiry muscle all over his body. Very flexible and can run for long distances without tiring. Hair is deep purple as are his eyes. His ears are pointed but less so than elves'... He has tiny horns that are easily hidden behind his ears.

Personality: Not much to say really, likes power and magic, does not work well with others, a history of killing allies and enemies while in a demonic rage.

History: Born an elf, he suffered in the Alliance's pure-blood supremacy, and was forced to accept demon blood to rid himself of the horrors of the Alliance. When he was thrown out, he sought out the Conquerors, as they were known, with the plan of joining and bringing the Alliance down.

Is there anything the DM can use to make your life miserable?: HE'S A HALF-DEMON![/hide]

[hide=Reaver-Windex]Name: Reaver

Race: Concentrated Force/Half bred Force

Pros: Very skilled, fast, is able to recover health by feeding on the force.

Cons: Short fuse, hot temper, and impatient.

Alliegance: The Eaters-Forced into working with Conquerors

Abilities: Can manipulate and feed on the force.

Appearence: Black cloak and wears a mask. (He is like Kardishes Darth Nihilus)

History: Reaver was killed in a great war, and revived using the force (The energy given off everything). He is more force than human.

Weapon: Red Glowy Sword(Will find a better way to phrase this)[/hide]

[hide=Mindy-Arrow]Name:Mindy

Nickname:Blood (call her this)

Race:Vampire

Pros:Strong has granite like skin,fast. she never sleeps and only requires blood for nourishment,long life (he will not die of age or disease only of wounds and being burned)

Cons:Her cover is given away in sunlight,her bloodlust,often has to go away to hunt. If you tear her to shreads and you do not burn the body he will come back. She is still young..for a vampire and is still in the reckless bloodlust stage.

Allegiance:Conquerors

Infused Ability: She has the ability to cause a person pain with her mind an infused Vampire ability

Obtained Ability:Beserker

Appearance:she has pale skin and golden hair. Her eyes have bags under them. She looks live a godess. Granite like skin (it is smooth but as tough as Granite)

Personality:He is very friendly...when she is not thristy.

History: She was saved by a friendly vampire but turned against him and his "pack". She was found by the Conquerors and she will serve them till she dies.[/hide]

[hide=Hawks(2)]Name: Mia Tyhan

Nickname(What your higher-ups call you): The Dragon

Rank(You are either Sergeant or Captain): Sergeant

Race: Half-Elf

Allegiance(Who you truly support): The Conquerors

Infused ability: Low-light vision (elf race), Enhanced hearing (elf race), Immune to something...fear or mind spells?Seriously choose now =D

Obtained ability(Your class): Sort of an Arcane Archer, but seperate levels of ranger and sorcerer.Sounds like Biorent to me.I took 10 Ranger 5 Sorceror 10 Arcane Archer.From there I maxed out Arcane Archer...Haven't used him since,though.

Appearance: Short brown hair, about 5'6", 23 years old, green eyes. Wears light leather armor and a hooded cape (doesn't interfere with magic)

Personality: She is commonly refered to as 'the dragon'; her temper flares up at the slightest annoyance. However, she is usually calm and thinks things through. Many a time the troops have been saved by her quick thinking skills.

History: Born to an elf mother and human father, she wasn't accepted in her homeland of Isharnest, so she wandered, finding a ship which would take her to the land that is called Kardish. Once there she joined the Conquerors, but was also sympathetic to the cause of the Monkey Templars, and trained with them for a time.

Is there anything the DM can use to make your life miserable?(Seriously,fill it up.I need this): Her favorite food in the world is chicken kloor.[/hide]

You heave a sigh of relief as you finish the scroll,and hand the quill pen back to Devlen.

"You're not done yet."He chuckles and hands you another scroll,this one presumably a target information scroll.

You sigh again out of despair and begin reading...

[hide=NPCs]You can use these guys to initiate a fight,but only if they are close.You can submit your own too,but you only get basic control,I mean I cant let you kill other people meanlessly!

Name:Pistolere

Based in:Heflew

Race:Human

Allegiance:Alliance

Class:Rogue(rogue being a class not listed.See?)

Appearance:Short =).Has a topknot and wields a crossbow

Personality:Cowardly,and acts like he knows a lot(I think anyone who has read Henry V knows who Im referring to by now.)

History:He married a tavern hostess.Period.

At some point when we have a battle in Heflew(or perhaps a recon mission),we will have to kill him,because he will be guarding something we need.

Name:Sion Tyrel

Base:Aboard Princess Rumbah

Race:Ulitharid-an illithid who has gone through a transformation known as laceremorphosis.

Allegiance:Us.Desmorians.

Class:Sorceror,cleric-mind domain

Appearance:6 tentacles on face,as opposed to the usual 4.Otherwise,typical illithid.

Personality:Cold,calculating,and will not hesitate to invade a person's mind if suspected to be lying.Will never ever enter another illithid's thrall's mind.

History:At birth,she had possessed exceptional abilities in magic,and seemed very charismatic,even for her race.Growing up she turned her skills into sorcery,until she came to a temple of the illithid deity,Ilsensine,where she became a cleric under her,going through her laceremorphosis.[/hide]

Heres a brief summary of everyones locations,kay?

Enter character: Seeing you have finished the long read,Devlen retrieves his quill pen from your hand,and speaks again,before you can say anything.There are somethings they failed to include in that report,and I only expect to say this to you once,so pay attention.

After that massive battle in the desert,we fled to the Eastern side of Kardish,for a short reprise.Our ships are docked here as well,so we can sail to the Southern point,where there are some alliance cities.

The Alliance is currently battling the Rebellion in the deserts,so their Southern cities(including Heflew =)) are mostly empty.We can take those quickly and turn their villagers into our slaves.

The Rebellion are based in the Northern mountains or in the Western desert,where they are battling the Alliance.We have some info that they might have an underground colony.If we can find that,it would be a good base.

The Cult occupy some towns in the North and smaller villagers in the West.We have heard of many prophets turning some villages in the plains to their side.They also have a base on the Western coast,possibly a giant ship,or an island.

The Eaters,Im afraid that we have little info on them.They seem able to open wormholes to certain areas,that could be problematic.There have also been speculations that they have a space ship floating over the plains,which would be worse.

Very well,I shall leave you to your scheming.

That is to say,lets begin!

Also,please note that you HAVE to be from Desmar originally,until later when we have slaves.I will not limit the number of characters you have,but there are a few conditions.

The first being that you limit yourself to one character per (plot-continuing) post.So if its merely a conversation for idling time while traveling,thats fine,but if its a battle,its not.

The second being that you follow the rules on the character things above.

The last one would be that if any one character dies,he may be revived by SOMEONE ELSES character,of your choice,but he goes under that characters control.For example,

Johns character A dies.

Bens character B revives him.

John no longer controls A,but Bens B does.

That is to say,instead of John saying A walked into the bar, Ben would say B motioned for A to walk into the bar.And A did so,being his thrall.Understand?Good lets play!

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found the cache(it was quite hidden,cacher is to hide,after all) for Kardish,so if you want to use your old characters you may,just remember,I frown upon this mercenary crap...

[hide=Arrowbld]Name:Moros

Nickname (What your higher-ups call you):The Doom-Bringer (Moros was Greek-God of Doom)

Race:Demonic-Dragon

Pros:The strength of a Dragon and Magic Powers of a Demon

Cons:Very few of this remains and is on the brink of extinction..as their numbers fall their powers drain a little also they are slightly weaker in sunlight)

Allegiance:Who ever pays the most...(Conquerors seem to be the current highest)

Infused Ability:Ability to summon a Death Rider and Dark Magic

Obtained Ability:Arcane-Warrior

Appearance:He has a dragon head and claws. He was black scales and demon hide. He carries a Staff-Spear. Wears a hood in sunlight so his powers are not as affected.

Personality: Very Greedy. He is easily angered. Is very friendly

History: Not much is know about Moros.

(Occ you think the other guy would have loyality issues...)[/hide]

[hide=FalconNooba]Name: Falconer Lombard (OMG!)

Nickname: Falc (WHO WOULDA GUESSED?)

Race: Argonian (A giant lizard person, from the Black Swamps region. Related to Draconians only instead of fiery hell-pits that Dracs live in, Argonians perfer marshy swamps.)

Allegiance: Whoever pays the most, currently Conquerors.

Infused Ability: Can breath underwater.

Obtained Ability: Tactician, very good at planning assults and defenses.

Appearance: A giant lizard person with pale green skin, red eyes, and two sloped back horns on his head. (Think of really skinny bull horns backwards.)

Personality: Calculating, doesn't show everything at the door and always has something set up in case things go sour or someone else offers him more money.

History: Raised by a poor farming family, he quickly became strong from the labor from a young age and left the Black Swamps to make a name for himself with his spear and bow. He is a jack-of-all-trades with weapons and trains constantly and has lost his soldiers fighting for the Conquerors in a last battle.

Is there anything the DM can use to make your life miserable?: He likes money but, enough deals have gone sour to know how to... make up for some losses[/hide]

[hide=Hawkie]Name: Hawk (NO WAY! )

Nickname (What your higher-ups call you): Hawk...

Rank (You are either Sergeant (1,2,3,Staff) or Captain): Captain

Race: Half-Elf, Half-Demon

Allegiance (Who you truly support): The Conquerors

Infused Ability: Able to transform at will into a demon-like creature, minimal magic powers.

Obtained Ability (Your class): Demon Hunter (from Warcraft III)

Appearance: Tall and thin, but with wiry muscle all over his body. Very flexible and can run for long distances without tiring. Hair is deep purple as are his eyes. His ears are pointed but less so than elves'... He has tiny horns that are easily hidden behind his ears.

Personality: Not much to say really, likes power and magic, does not work well with others, a history of killing allies and enemies while in a demonic rage.

History: Born an elf, he suffered in the Alliance's pure-blood supremacy, and was forced to accept demon blood to rid himself of the horrors of the Alliance. When he was thrown out, he sought out the Conquerors, as they were known, with the plan of joining and bringing the Alliance down.

Is there anything the DM can use to make your life miserable?: HE'S A HALF-DEMON![/hide]

devilgod.jpeg

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Name: Langzor

Nickname (What your higher-ups call you): Sludger

Race: Human

Pros: Extremely paranoid, quick reflexes, extremely loyal once trust has been gained, keeps his bargains

Cons: Not very trusting, verging on the point of Schizophrenia, short temper, big gambler (Money, lives, all ends up the same: dust)

Allegiance: The Conquerors!

Infused Ability: Secretes a sludgy-acidic ooze from any part of his body when he wants to. Is titrated by water, can be spat long distances.

Obtained Ability:Crack shot with his acid, can tip weapons with an acid that isn't harmful to metals.

Appearance: His skin is a dirty-grey, matching the dull hue of his eyes. His clothes are made from a sturdy form of leather, found only on the Bloodbeasts in the extreme north of the lands.

Personality: Explained pretty well up there in Pros and Cons.

History: Born into an Alliance family, he hid his power until the age of 15, where he killed an adult who was trying to abduct him and conscript him into the Rebellion. He told his family, hoping they would understand. Locked in a dungeon, where he dissolved his way out through the walls and wandered the land until found by the Conquerors.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Returning from the North,Den Flockless now wears his helmet and armor.Crossbow in hand and sword swinging by his hip,he seems ready for that hunting party.At his heel(if you don't mind) is Sergeant Langzor,the acid...manipulator,creator...guy.

"Captain Devlen."Formally speaking now,it is clear Den is in charge for now.

Standing quickly,Devlen and the small group gathered around him go into attention."Yes,Captain Den?"

"At ease."Den releases them and all but Devlen take a seat."As you know,I am being sent on a hunting party.The Council wishes you stay here for now,doing...whatever it is you were doing before the latest batch came.They are to come hunting with me,so Sergeant Langzor has been instructed to carry some basic equipment."(Sorry.)

"Oh,and Captain.The Council requested that you read this tonight at the feasting ceremony."Den produces a scroll,though it is hard to tell where it came from,because he wears no robes.

Devlen scans it quickly,giving a slight smile."Thanks,Captain Stiffle-lock."

Den scowls,obviously knowing the contents,but walks off with the hunting party.

Exit Character:Langzor,you can choose to follow them or stay and chat with me.Either way,my fire jinn returns in about 2 posts.

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Langzor threw a quick salute at Devlen, sneering openly at the Captain. A small drop of sludge flew from his fingers and landed at Devlen's feet, burning a small black spot in the ground in front of him. Scowling, he stalked off after Den.

"So... what are we hunting? How much do I have to carry? I cannot handle cooking utensils, as I may contaminate them. So you shall have to get some other poor bastard to handle that stuff," he walked in a kind of half-limping, half-hopping gait, which covered the ground quite quickly while looking incredibly awkward.

He rubbed a hand over his scalp, feeling the lank remains of his once full head of hair. Now a washed-out shade of grey, Langzor was a shadow of his former self, his constant use of his poisonous sludge dying his skin and dissolving his clothes. He now wore a set of strong leather clothes, which were resistant to his burning byproducts.

"Hurry up... I am nervous here," Langzor wringed his hands and cast a quick look around him, picking out his surroundings. His voice was low and fast. His mannerisms were reminiscent of that of a ferret's.

(OOC - Langzor is not very well-liked, but tolerated, due to an incident which ended with two of his comrades dead, and the fact that he's in here, pissing on them, rather than out there, pissing on us... since he can piss acid.)

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

"Don't talk to me that way,Sergeant"His voice is calm,and his eyes show no emotion,after years of diplomatic relations in Teelgork he had to be able to."I don't care if thats how you talk to your captains,but you don't talk to me that way.I hear you've been through s**t,so have I.If anything mine's worse than yours."

Hoping that some respect was gained for himself(but not showing it),he pointed."I'll need to talk to Captain Hawks,if you don't mind.You need not return,just go off and do whatever it is you do,just be there at dinner.The announcement is important."

Exit Character:For lack of a better idea...

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

"Yes,forgive me Captain,you know my pronounciation is bad."He lifted his fez and combed some of his hair into it.

"Anyway,tonight at the feasting ceremony I have an important announcement.Please ensure all the members of your contigent are present.And spread the message to the rest,too.Its just that important."

Ah good,Tal'hak was back.

"Gates are closed,master"it said respectfully.There were two hours to the dinner ceremony aboard the Princess Rumbah,which was about all the time they needed to hunt for the next meal's supplies.

"Good,Tal'hak.Could you stay here,and have Captain Den report to me when he returns.And ensure that the hunting party is present at the dinner."The priority level he had placed the announcement he was giving,and the slight anxiety he allowed into his voice told Tal'hak it probably had something to do with Devlen himself..

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

"I will do my best sir, as I do not know where all my contingent currently is." Hawk said as he walked out of the tent and began to search for his batallion.

(OOC: is that right? batallion? also do you have names of people in my troop or do i make them up?)

If I remember correctly,a contigent is about (less than) a hundred people,so making all their names up would be silly.Just go by rank if you want,or use their nicknames.Seriously,Desmorian names are hard.And if I'm right,a battalion is a hundred (maybe more) people.

Enter Character (Den):Den and his hunting party were in the forested area around the landing point.The gate should have been closed by now,so there was no worry of animals getting too far away.Den,bound by code of honor not to harm innocent animals or attack by surprise had caught the attention of a tiger he wanted to serve for dinner.The rest of the men were looking for equally ferocious bunny wabbits and (As Lichef wrote,Good Lord!) carrots.

Carrying as much as they could,they headed back to the Princess Rumbah.Captain Den stopped for a while to talk to Tal'hak,passing his load to him.It.

Den now sat across Devlen,each staring into their fellow Desmorian's eyes.

"So the hunt is over.Tonight's dinner plan includes Shark's Fin,and Salamander.I'm not a big fan of those,but the third course would be nice."He said,reading his instructions again."Its apparently going to be cactus with a dash of Devlen will be in charge of a siege."

Den smiled,his friend was finally put in charge of a siege,and if he was right about the document,it was a strategically strong position,weak only from the direction they would be marching from.

They talked a little about their plans,before Den stood up to go help with dinner preperations.

OOC:Okay guys,we're going to skip to dinner,I'm too lazy to write 1-2 hours worth of conversation...

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Langzor sat at the far end of one of the long tables that housed the remnants of the Conquerors' force, now scarily empty. The remaining troops gave him a wide berth at the table, out of either disgust or fear. The air was filled with the stench of the smoke of the cooking fires, as well as the juicy scent of roasting flesh mingling with the dark streams of acridity.

A figure approached the podium. Langz turned his eye towards him, listening intently...

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Devlen had chosen to wear his turban,wrapping his hair with it and adding a bit of flair by covering some of burnt portions of his face.There were only 3 tables of men in the dining hall,with a wide berth around Sergeant Langzor.To catch their attention,Devlen sends three streaks of fire over each respective table.When they turn to look,he begins the briefing for tomorrow.

"Ladies and Gentlemen."Devlen paused,noticing the Ladies were crowded in a fourth table he had not noticed earlier."Well anyway,if you haven't noticed we lost a major battle a few days ago,and we have,what like a hundredth of our previous army?Nonetheless it has come to the Council's attention that the Alliance had marched off Northward in pursuit of the Rebellion soon after the war.This leaves their Southern cities empty and free for taking over."

Pausing to take few bites off a chicken wing,he continues."As such they have decided that we are leaving the port tomorrow at sunrise."Waiting for the fearful gasps to die down,he starts again."Only the Princess Rumbah will be leaving the port and Major Bale will be in charge of those who return."

He looks around,seeing no sign of the Major,he swore."Okay,he's not here currently,so members of his troop please inform him.He may choose five of you to join him,and the rest will be coming with us."

"We will be following the Southern current we found when we came towards the Alliance lands South of the mountain range.The first thing we have to do is conquer their port town of Springton,apparently not on the map we have given out.This siege will be led by Sergeant Langzor,since the Council gave me the choice."He looked at the man's reaction,hoping for some sign of pride.

"Once we have got that,we'll need a defensive position to defend it.Therefore we will be going to The Shoikan.For those of you who absolutely suck at Kardian geography,thats a fort possessed by a powerful Warlock,surrounded by Alliance towns.We have sent letters to him and he has allowed us to use the town as a defensive base,provided we rid him of the Alliance.That job will be given to Captain Hawk,so good luck to you."

"And the last city we have to conquer before the Alliance returns would be the one exactly at the end of the only pass through the mountains,Heflew.I have been put in charge of this one,so I want you to pay extra close attention to this.Its a strategically strong location,the pass forcing armies into single file.This way,we can take out the remainder of the Alliance's army by simply hiding behind the gates,or shooting them from the mountain tops.Because of that its strongly guarded,and we will need as many thralls as we can get from the previous two towns to knock down the walls.So the main point is that you shouldn't kill all the defenders in the towns we enter,try to take them prisoner so Major Sion can convert them.

"The final duty I have to give out would be that tomorrow you are all to fall in on deck by half past five.In the morning."He smiles sarcastically,as he finishes the chicken wing he was eating.Taking a sip of Toolken Fire Wine,he adds that should any of the commanding officers have any questions about the towns they are sieging or protecting they may feel free to message him in his room.

OOC:Seriously,if you want a detailed explanation (not drawing,I can't do city maps for some reason) of the town you are in charge of sieging PM me.But of course we won't be attacking straight away,travelling takes time.

By the way the ranks I'm using are based on how they are in Singapore.Majors are meant to be higher up than Captain,and Captain higher than Sergeant.Correct me if its different in America,cause I'd rather follow America.

EDIT:I've found the terms for army force structure.Currently we have about a thousand,so I'd say we're a battalion in general.Don't worry,by the time get to Heflew we should have enough to be a brigade.

[hide=Force Structure]SQUAD Nine to 10 soldiers. Typically commanded by a sergeant or staff sergeant, a squad or section is the smallest element in Army structure, and its size is dependent on its function.

PLATOON 16 to 44 soldiers. A platoon is led by a lieutenant with an NCO as second in command, and consists of two to four squads or sections.

COMPANY 62 to 190 soldiers. Three to five platoons form a company, which is commanded by a captain with a first sergeant as the commanders principal NCO assistant. An artillery unit of equivalent size is called a battery, and a comparable armored or air cavalry unit is called a troop.

BATTALION 300 to 1,000 soldiers. Four to six companies make up a battalion, which is normally commanded by a lieutenant colonel with a command sergeant major as principal NCO assistant. A battalion is capable of independent operations of limited duration and scope. An armored or air cavalry unit of equivalent size is called a squadron.

BRIGADE 3,000 to 5,000 soldiers. A brigade headquarters commands the tactical operations of two to five organic or attached combat battalions. Normally commanded by a colonel with a command sergeant major as senior NCO, brigades are employed on independent or semi-independent operations. Armored, cavalry, ranger and Special Forces units this size are categorized as regiments or groups.

DIVISION 10,000 to 15,000 soldiers. Usually consisting of three brigade-sized elements and commanded by a major general, divisions are numbered and assigned missions based on their structures. The division performs major tactical operations for the corps and can conduct sustained battles and engagements.

CORPS 20,000 to 45,000 soldiers. Two to five divisions constitute a corps, which is typically commanded by a lieutenant general. As the deployable level of command required to synchronize and sustain combat operations, the corps provides the framework for multi-national operations.

ARMY 50,000+ soldiers. Typically commanded by a lieutenant general or higher, an army combines two or more corps. A theater army is the ranking Army component in a unified command, and it has operational and support responsibilities that are assigned by the theater commander in chief. The commander in chief and theater army commander may order formation of a field army to direct operations of assigned corps and divisions. An army group plans and directs campaigns in a theater, and is composed of two or more field armies under a designated commander. Army groups have not been employed by the Army since World War II.[/hide]

Also,forget what I said about American ranking system lol.I'd rather go with the Singapore one because I can actually remember it =P

Quite basically,here's how it goes.

[hide=Heres how it goes](All these ranks do not exist for us.Its just a good reference in case I feel Sion needs a promotion =P

Lieutenant General

Vice Admiral

Major General

Rear Admiral(2 stars)

Brigadeer General

Rear Admiral(1 star)

Colonel

Lieutenant Colonel

(And these are those we do have.The Council obviously outranks all these.)

Major

Captain

Lieutenant

2nd Lieutenant

Master Sergeant(Let's make Langzor a 1st Sergeant?)

Staff Sergeant

1st,2nd,3rd Sergeant

Corporal First Class

Corporal

Lance Corporal

Private First Class

Private

Recruit

Of course none of our characters are recruits,though.They're better than that.[/hide]

Also,since it isn't mentioned,Den is the commander for the fall in at all times.He assigns duties every morning,tells people where to go and when,etc. I'll be using the Malay terms,which shall set the baseline for Desmork...If you need the terms to know what to do here they are:

Oh right,I don't know how its spelt in Malay,so I'm using pronounciation,so don't really worry =P

Actually,nevermind just click the link on this website.Its safe,I tried.

http://www.eduqna.com/Primary-Secondary ... ion-7.html

Though bear in mind its a different corp than the one I was in,and may be different

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

OOC: So Hawk is in charge of a Company, which is made of (I'll say) 4 Platoons (previously 5, he only lost 50 or so men), and he gets a Sergeant to help command... He has a few heavy artillerymen left, maybe six cannons? I'll make the Sergeant, could you PM me info on The Shoikan, and do I get more people than the 180 troops I have?

^OOC:Forgot to include this in the PM but can you make a female Sergeant?So few females in FL,feels weird.I actually play the most D&D with female friends...

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

OOC:We're gonna get moving soon,but I really need Langzor to confirm his readyness.After all,his siege is the first of 3.Hawk,I'm a bit lazy with the maps,so if you don't mind,it'll come in around after we get the port town,along with my recommendation...

ICC:Den stood easy on the forecastle of the Princess Rumbah,thanking God it was large enough for the entire battalion to stand,and travel.Glancing at the crowd gathered below him,at each respective Captain counting the troops present within their companies.When their present strength matched their total strength,they stood in front of their companies,indicating they were ready.

Den gave the command to stand at attention and called all the commanding officers to him.Passing out all the information he needed too,he sent the officers back,and ended the parade.In the mass of soldiers running to their stations,or returning to sleep,waiting for their shift,Den found the Major in charge of running the ship.

"Major Makk,I could you take these maps to the navigator on duty?I'm going to have a word with Captain Devlen."

OOC:Hey Hawk or Langzor (whoever reads first) could you maybe be in a conversation?Because Devlen needs to brief you both,and its easier to do it at once...No need for message boys,you know...

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

OOC: So you sorted out the illithid madness? I forgot to get the stats again.

btw I will be off from sunday to the 26th of July so unfortuneatly I believe someone else will be required to seige the tower. :(

OOC:Doubt it.We have yet to set sail.We haven't taken the port town.Nah you'll be back in time.(Whats this about?Summer camp?)

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

• 2 weeks later...

Occ:You can get rid of Moros as yeah I would rather have a loyal guy plus I want a different race

and I hope I have not missed much

Heres the new one Personaly I like this better then the old one

Name:Mindy

Nickname:Blood (call her this)

Race:Vampire

Pros:Strong has granite like skin,fast. she never sleeps and only requires blood for nourishment,long life (he will not die of age or disease only of wounds and being burned)

Cons:Her cover is given away in sunlight,her bloodlust,often has to go away to hunt. If you tear her to shreads and you do not burn the body he will come back. She is still young..for a vampire and is still in the reckless bloodlust stage.

Allegiance:Conquerors

Infused Ability: She has the ability to cause a person pain with her mind an infused Vampire ability

Obtained Ability:Beserker

Appearance:she has pale skin and golden hair. Her eyes have bags under them. She looks live a godess. Granite like skin (it is smooth but as tough as Granite)

Personality:He is very friendly...when she is not thristy.

History: She was saved by a friendly vampire but turned against him and his "pack". She was found by the Conquerors and she will serve them till she dies.

Weapon:Black Katanas

But seriously, I will kill you all

I am back for realz this time I promise now that I am a member :p

Okay,you didn't miss much but unfortunately you have no assignments as to sieging yet.Considering your character's ability you'd more want to be in charge of a full out battle,so I'll schedule one.

Currently I'm working on a couple of Eaters races,so I probably will be a little busy for a while.

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Name: Reaver

Race: Half human/force

Pros: Very skilled, fast, is able to recover health by feeding on the force.

Cons: Short fuse, hot temper, and impatient.

Alliegance: The Eaters

Abilities: Can manipulate and feed on the force.

Appearence: Black cloak and wears a mask. (He is like Kardishes Darth Nihilus)

History: Reaver was killed in a great war, and revived using the force (The energy given off everything). He is more force than human.

Weapon: Red Lightsaber

Me and my Star Wars nerd self :lol:

GG.gif

Mind if the red lightsaber is a red glowy sword?Seriously lightsabers are so long long ago,far far away :roll: .Erm I mean we don't have the technology.Sadly,you can't be an eater yet...Lol I guess I jsut screwed up your entire plan...

devilgod.jpeg

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]