Rnescape needs a new boss. Thats actually HARD!

Soupy17

So, i was in the SoDB clan chat, and we were having a chat about how easy runescape bosses are. It is possible to solo EVERY single boss, multiple times per trip. Im a level 115 atm, and have soloed the KQ, KBD, mole, and bandos. And thats w/o a good summon. So, we started talking about a super boss, where a team of 20-30 people is necessary to survive, let alone to kill it. Now this may seem a little over the top, but we think its necessary. Ill explain our idea here.

DISCLAIMER: The ONLY MMORPG ive ever played for more than 3 days is runescape. Im not copying any ideas from any game, so dont accuse me of it. If my idea is similar to one in another game, tough luck.

Now that thats over,ill explain the basics of this monster first:

The Lair: Part1: The entrance: Every good boss needs a lair, right? Well, what area is perfect for a lair? Idk if youve noticed, but ive seen that door in the GWD frozen in ice..:). Well, me and my clanmates idea is that there is a VAST dungeon below it. But ill get to that later. To open this door, you need to combine all 4 key shards that will be new drops from the four bosses in the GWD. They will be about as rare as shards.

Bandos will drop the teeth, Armadyl will drop the shaft, Saradomin will drop half of the loop, and Zamorak will drop the other half of the loop. Combing these takes 70 crafting and 70 smithing. Now, if this boss needs 20+ people, thats like getting 20+ shards from each boss. Which would be HELL. So, if your lootsharing a boss, and you get a key shard drop, everyone in your party will get the shard. Anyway, once you unlock that door, you need 85 strength to kick it open. As i said, this is a high level dungeon.

The Lair: Part 2: The pathway: So, once your inside the door, you face a long path down to the waiting room of sorts. This pathway is comparable to tarns lair, its filled with traps, agility obstacles, and high level skeletons. It will take 20-30 minutes to navigate your way through this path, and when you reach the end, you will find another large door. But thankfully, this one dosnt need a key.

The Lair: Part 3: The waiting room: Inside this room there are a number of NPCs, pools, and one giant door, with the symbol of guthix on it. There will be no monsters in here thankfully. Anyway, there will be a number of NPCs in here. There will be a banker, someone that sells food, and potions, a monk, and 10 other NPCs. These will be NPCs that you can hire to help you in the upcoming battle. They will be costly. There will be 2 level 200 rangers, who have 300 hp, and have a max hit of 25. There will be 2 mages, level 200 also, who has 250 hp, but a max hit of 30. There will be 2 warriors, level 327, with 500 hp, and a max hit of 34. there will also be 4 other NPCS: A monk, a healer, a summoner, and a teleporter. The monk runs around the battle room and heals the player with the lowest prayer by 35 points. He cannot be killed. The healer dose the same thing as the monk, but with hitpoints. The summoner does somthing unique, he heals your summons. The teleporter is my favorite. Whenever someone dies, he picks up the 3 best items they didnt protect, and send them to that person. This makes this new boss safer (because he has amazing ko power) but not to easy. To get any other these NPCs to come with you, you must pay them 100k each. Below is a picture of the waiting room.

1guthixtitan.jpg

The Battle: Part 1: Information on the boss:

Well, this is the interesting part. And probably the best part of my idea. We have a boss monster for almost every major god right? Well, there is one neglected major god. GUTHIX! So, my idea is this new monster is "The Titan of guthix".

Stats:

Level: I thought hard about this, and i think that for the most powerful monster in the game, 1337 is a perfect level for it :lol:

HP: 1,500. This may seem high, but ill get to this later.

Max hit with mage: 30, hitting 5 targets at once.

Max hit with range: 100 divided by how ever many people are battling the boss. IE: If 25 people are fighting, it will hit up to 40.

Max hit with meele: 75

Physical description: It looks like a giant, made of emerald.

The battle itself: This monster seems AMAZINGLY hard. Thats the point. I dont want it to be soloed. But, then again, with luck, ANYTHING can be killed solo. So, I had to think of a way to make it IMPOSSIBLE to kill with less than 12 people. Ill move onto the next part of my suggestion.

The Battle: Part 2: The Titans home field:

The basic idea is this monster follows the combat triangle. When its useing its range attack, the meelers will hit double damage, and the range attack will NOT harm the meelers. Same goes for mage attacks and the rangers, and the meele attacks and the magers. When you enter from the waiting room, you will see a huge cavern with a few things inside it:

There will be 4 green, 4 blue, and 4 red tiles. All 4 of green tiles must have someone with a ranger weapon on it. All the blue tiles must have someone with a mage weapon on it. And last but not least, all the red tiles must have someone with a meele weapon on it.

in between the 4 red tiles will be "The Eye of guthix". It will resemble a giant [bleep]ey emerald. This is where the Guthix Titan is summoned from. Below is a rough drawing of what the arena type thing will look like:

1guthixtitan2.jpg

The Battle: Part 3: The Summoning:

Well, running into a room with a level 1337 monster is pretty dangerous. So, people would need time to prepare. So, The Titan of Guthix would only be summoned once every one of the tiles has the correct class of fighter on it, the eye of Guthix will turn in to the titan of Guthix. This will give teams time to prepare.

The Battle: Part 4: The Fight itself:

I WILL BE UPDATING THIS IN A BIT :)

LOL

Hmm, could be intresting, but I already had an idea for the be-all-and-end-all area and boss. However, in my area, you have no chance for survival, no hope of ever killing the boss, and no dental plan. However, the boss does drop some amazing items. (WAY too powerful compared to everything else, then again...)

Edit, seeing your monster. Those stats are a bit high. How about...

Level: 1000

Hp: 1000

Melee hit: It's giant fist slams into you, hits a max of 65, but leaves you severly stunned (10+ seconds, depending.). But as Guthix is the God of Balance, The titan's next attack comes out slower.

Ranged: A punch from the titan's fist sends a myriad of rocks down on a 5X5 area centered around it. Hits into the low 70s and *CAN HIT THOUGH PRAYER*. As with all things balanced, the titan's defense is temporaried lowered (and can even take damage from the rocks.)

Magic: A green flash of light sends a giant orb onto a 3X3 area centered around the target. Hits 50+ and can lower your stats by a good 15-20%. However, as balance is everything, you regain 15-20% of your max prayer and summoning levels.

Need a new signature....perhaps...

Thoes are some awsome ideas. I like the balance ideas a lot. I will add thoes in, or at least the general idea of it, if you dont mind. I also lowered the hp down to 1500 :)

1500 is still a bit much, but not as bad as 5000.

If you're going to do anything with Guthix, remember that he is the God of Balance, and as such, everything has drawbacks. You can feel free to edit the drawbacks as need-be, but you get the general idea.

Now we just have to work out drops.

Note:Also, going with your combat triangle idea, you have it wrong.

If the monster uses range, melee gets a +15% accuracy and strength, and magic gets -25% accuracy.

If the monster uses melee, Magic gets a +50% accuracy boost (cause max hits though magic can't be raised per se.) and Range gets -10% accuracy and -15% damage.

If the titan mages, rangers get +30% accuracy (robes are weak, ya know) and +10% damage, while melee gets a -15% accuracy, -10% attack speed, and -10% damage.

The catch is, predicting the monster's next style switch...

Good ideas, but what about adding random mindcontrol? Some ability to make the encounter not-so stand and hit stylish.

One target mindcontrolled per 10seconds.

If the target is killed by its teammates, it returns full hp, full prayer and full summoning, and pet is resummoned for free.

Beware not to have too many mindcontrolled players roaming the area at once :P

on another hand, the 1500hp.

If you have 20 players in, this is less than 100 damage from each.

even with 15 players this goes 100damage each, which is something to laugh at. You can deliver 100 damage in melee in matter of seconds, throwing in few dragon halberd specials.

dragonfhpcape,It%20is%20girl.gif

i like this idea very much, but

on another hand, the 1500hp.

If you have 20 players in, this is less than 100 damage from each.

even with 15 players this goes 100damage each, which is something to laugh at. You can deliver 100 damage in melee in matter of seconds, throwing in few dragon halberd specials.

maybe you should make it so after it hits a melee, magic and ranged attack he heals like 300hp

sword2di2.jpg

thanks to mitsubishi64 who made this sig

I really feel the lair (Part 3) should be before Part 2. It makes it harder to just barely survive the pathway and then find that the eye is staring right at you

Infact, the eye should be the symbol of guthix, with a great indent. People can look into the indent to see some sort of awesome cutscene, of the Titan razing villages of Saradomin and Zamorak at the same time. Just to warn them that this isn't a random favored demon of Zamorak - this kills things not for fun but for purpose

To balance out the fact that you will outnumber the Titan by like 25 times, how about a team of 3 LESSER Guthix followers, a bit like God Wars dungeon? Each would be as strong has one of the God War Dungeon's mini-bosses. As in, level 200s? Each of these would have to be defeated BEFORE the titan comes out, so that you don't get massacred

Oh, and to think about rewards: The Titan has a drop-worth. This is about 1 million at the start, but decreases for each round of combat you need to kill it by about 100? That means 10000 rounds of combat to fully deplete the drop-worth to just the lesser items

You would think that would mean 10000 items you can get, but no. Instead, for each digit left, you get an item. This means:

If at the 100000s, there is 6 items and an 'Eye of the Titan' (this could be used on potions?). If in the 10000s, there is 5 items and an 'Eye of the Titan'. And so on. 0 means that you only get an Eye.

Other drops:

EVERY Fist of Guthix reward

Staff of Balance (select 3 types of runes. until the charges are fully depleted, you don't need these runes to cast spells)

Guthix Godsword (the Titan gives one piece to each member of the team who defeats it, unless the drop-worth is 0)

Dragon Pickaxe (makes sense)

Dragon Platebody (again, makes sense)

Dragon Plates (these can be attached to armour to make it even more durable at level 100 smithing)

Enchanted Stones (1-5) (these can be attached to any skill item or used on a furnace. It gives 10% bonuses to each part - 10% less chance of crop failure, 10% accuracy, 25% less chance of iron failing to smelt, 10% more defence against crush stab and slash etc etc etc etc)

Boom! Dead Shot

Mind control is a lot of scripting, you know.

1500 hp, and every attack heals it by 1/5 it's max? Wouldn't work.

To counter the massive number of hits it takes, the titan should have some unspeakable defenses. (think Graador's defense times about 10 or so.)

Great ideas dv. I do like the part about the cutscene.

It's doubtful that you should put a limit on the drops, taking in fact it's going to be so hard to kill...

Pretty good drops, though I have to draw the line at Fist of Guthix rewards. Those come from a minigame, and should stay as such.

This is a very good idea! I would have prefered a seperate dungeon where the keys can be found instead of gwd. And for the boss monster I would have suggested something that is zaros related. Like the Rider of Zaros. and the prizes are zaros related armor and when fully combined creates a forcefield around the user that would not be harmed by anything except for god items.

I was looking at one of the gallery in postbag from the hedge and I saw a combat triangle. :ohnoes:

I was looking at one of the gallery in postbag from the hedge and I saw a combat triangle. :ohnoes:

You mean Player-Made Pictures? Yeah, I thought that one was funny too.

"Run-Away from Combat Triangle". :lol: :lol:

I like a lot of these ideas so far, but there's still one thing that is bothering me. After a while, there's going to be a whole bunch of keys floating around at a mediocre price (if they're sellable/buyable).

How about, after a set amount of successful runs (where they kill the Titan and get a drop), the keys disintegrate (like charges)? That way, people won't be continuously killing it and flooding the market with more high-leveled items again. They'd all have to re-earn the keys to be able to do more runs again.

Then again, this would encourage players to constantly kill the Gods even more, thus flooding the market further with even more high-leveled items from the GWD.

Like the idea? Tweak it any way you wish to fit it in, if you like :P

Taking a Playstation 3 break.

card.png

You mean Player-Made Pictures? Yeah, I thought that one was funny too.

"Run-Away from Combat Triangle". :lol: :lol:

combat_triangle.jpg

:lol:

I like this idea, i hope to see those drops up soon.

Why would we want something that is so extremely hard? :S

The challenge is what makes it fun.

Anyways, I support. Looks like it could shape up to be a great idea. :thumbsup:

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Hmm i only find 1 problem with it.

If your a nerd, or read the wikipedia on the hisroty or runescape, Guthiz is supposivly dormant right now and is not exactly active, but maybe Jagex could make some revival of Guthix!

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

[hide=Skim though Text here]

If your a nerd, or read the wikipedia on the hisroty or runescape, Guthiz is supposivly dormant right now and is not exactly active, but maybe Jagex could make some revival of Guthix!

You can't kill a god! Much less stand for 5 seconds...

I like a lot of these ideas so far, but there's still one thing that is bothering me. After a while, there's going to be a whole bunch of keys floating around at a mediocre price (if they're sellable/buyable).

How about, after a set amount of successful runs (where they kill the Titan and get a drop), the keys disintegrate (like charges)? That way, people won't be continuously killing it and flooding the market with more high-leveled items again. They'd all have to re-earn the keys to be able to do more runs again.

Then again, this would encourage players to constantly kill the Gods(Generals, you mean) even more, thus flooding the market further with even more high-leveled items from the GWD.

Like the idea? Tweak it any way you wish to fit it in, if you like :P

Good idea. Maybe like 10 trips or so.

Why would we want something that is so extremely hard? :S

It's called "challenge". Got a probelm with it?

As for other ideas, a "Guthix hilt" wouldn't be bad. But consider the fact that Guthix's only role in the God Wars was, well, ending it, it probably wouldn't work.[/hide]

1500 hp? Honestly, blood bolts hitting 300's would be a sight, and make the boss a rather quick fight.

Monk gives you back 3 extra items? a total of 7 items saved? Not alot of risk.

I like the lair idea, if it had the "temple of doom" feeling that Tarn's lair has. The boss really doesn't seem as hard as it should. It's range attack doesn't hit meleers? it's magic doesn't hit rangers? I understand a triangle, but, even for a monster with 1500 hp, he will fall fast, especially if you give him the weaken defences you talk about after he attacks.

1337 lvl is just lame to me.

I agree that we need a better boss, but this has to be tweaked.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

1500 hp? Honestly, blood bolts hitting 300's would be a sight, and make the boss a rather quick fight.

Monk gives you back 3 extra items? a total of 7 items saved? Not alot of risk.

I like the lair idea, if it had the "temple of doom" feeling that Tarn's lair has. The boss really doesn't seem as hard as it should. It's range attack doesn't hit meleers? it's magic doesn't hit rangers? I understand a triangle, but, even for a monster with 1500 hp, he will fall fast, especially if you give him the weaken defences you talk about after he attacks.

1337 lvl is just lame to me.

I agree that we need a better boss, but this has to be tweaked.

You misplace my meaning.

It's attacks can hit everyone and anyone.

Just for fun, I'm going to post a monster from my be-all-and-end-all area (no drops, never got that far.)

[hide=Creature #1]Name: Dark Hunter

Level: 358

Hp: 189

Exmaine: A dark, otherworldly hunter

Attacks: It has a melee attack that can hit up to 40, and a multi-target ranged attack (shadow arrows, enough said) that hits 30+ and lowers your stats....and can do so multiple times.

Attack speed: comparable to dagger type weapons.[/hide]

And note that this is the weakest enemy in there. No enemy is below level 300.

After around lvl 200, levels don't really matter.

And yes, the attacks DO hit everyone, but sicne it is a triangle, then shouldn't those attacks also be negated alot? And what about role switching? A meleer goes in, but changes into robes and cats blood barrages to heal.

We do need a good boss, but as many people as this would take, and just the current statistics/ideas that we have for this one certainly don't make it the be-all-end-all.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

After around lvl 200, levels don't really matter.

And yes, the attacks DO hit everyone, but sicne it is a triangle, then shouldn't those attacks also be negated alot? And what about role switching? A meleer goes in, but changes into robes and cats blood barrages to heal.

We do need a good boss, but as many people as this would take, and just the current statistics/ideas that we have for this one certainly don't make it the be-all-end-all.

...Ugh, fine.

You want a be-all-and-end-all boss? Here

[hide=The Boss]Removed as it's not my boss topic.[/hide]

The thing is, if its a hard boss then people are gonna bring less expensive stuff which in turn lowers the price of the expensive stuff.

Jcfc.jpeg

Thanks everybody for the sigs | 3,956 to 99 fishing | King of BsK 18/09/08 - 18/10/08

Chelsea Supporter | CD Supporter | AfterShock Member

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Cotton Traders

Now what the hell are you waitin' for? After me, there shall be no more, so for one last time, make some noise.