Sara Sword vs Whip

TheHummingbird

Sara Sword lets you train STR. Whip is pretty much the same (if not better because you can use a shield) if you can stand training on Controlled.

Foooman.png

If you absolutely must train strength, if you will go into convulsions, whack your head on the corner of your computer desk and die if you do not train strength, then get Sara Sword.

If you're not one of that tiny group, then get a whip. It is so much better in 99+% of situations that I can't see how the Sara Sword would be needed.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

Mmhmm. How about specs? or is that not often enough to be worth it. I currently use whip and a rune def.

Can anyone name a situation where SS would be better than whip? (GW?)

Training Strength and killing Waterfiends.

Specs aren't worth that much.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

yes, ss is only good for str, and for ppl like me that despise d sim, its a life saver.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

Sara sword is a 2h version of a whip, with the option to train strenght. However it comes with a reasonably hefty price tag.

Personally I am happy with my 100k Dscim to train strength and a whip to train attack and defence. With a DFS the whip is an even better option.

Foth.png

Mmhmm. How about specs? or is that not often enough to be worth it. I currently use whip and a rune def.

Can anyone name a situation where SS would be better than whip? (GW?)

The specials beter then the whips... but its only really for fun... Id still rather use the dds special.

Imo either use a whip, save for a godsword, or if you need to train str use a drg scimmy + rune defender.

dudy80sigy.jpg

Thanks for the sig Rose!

My blog to 99 slayer: Here

Personally I love my DFS, its great when used with a whip.

Having never owned a BGS i can not say rly, however this would give you the option to train strenght as well (i think =s)

Its all whether you want to give up that sheild spot.

Foth.png

Oh also, would a GS or DFS be better, as they go both for around 20-30m (well bgs and zgs)

Never had a zgs but they really only have limited uses... Get a dfs unless you plan to go godwars a ton... Otherwise get a bgs... I have a sgs currently and imo its the best of the 4 but its pricey.

dudy80sigy.jpg

Thanks for the sig Rose!

Oh also, would a GS or DFS be better, as they go both for around 20-30m (well bgs and zgs)

Never had a zgs but they really only have limited uses... Get a dfs unless you plan to go godwars a ton... Otherwise get a bgs... I have a sgs currently and imo its the best of the 4 but its pricey.

Do you think the sgs is better than ags? Or are they on the same line?

Xenon_101.png

Xenon_101.png

99 Range on 08/25/08!

Solo Arma Hilt on 12/06/08! (clicky)

Also, so everyone here agrees DFS > Rune def? Because rune def gives accuracy bonuses, but DFS gives a hefty str and def bonus.

Dfs is better on harder monstors, i still perfer a defender on things like greater demons or bloodvelds. All in what your killing.

dudy80sigy.jpg

Thanks for the sig Rose!

Also, so everyone here agrees DFS > Rune def? Because rune def gives accuracy bonuses, but DFS gives a hefty str and def bonus.

Depends on the situation. In most cases I use a DFS, but if you're fighting lower level monsters, the extra defense bonus isn't really needed so you can just stick to a Rune Defender (or Unholy Book if you're ranging/maging).

icecube7.jpeg

Do you think the sgs is better than ags? Or are they on the same line?

Im a slayer junkie so i love my sgs for it. I never had a ags.... but really all its good for is massive hits. Sgs is the best all around godsword imo as it has a use everywhere. Some may argue just use guthans but its a pain to switch and the fact that sgs restores prayer is great too... On slayer tasks im constantly switcing piety on and off for specials and hits... It really makes tasks faster and more fun. Also sgs is currently fairly stabe where ags is droping 4M at a time...

If you plan to go for a ags or sgs goodluck... there both worth it but for different things.

dudy80sigy.jpg

Thanks for the sig Rose!

I'm operating on:

Helm of Neit.

Fury.

Whip.

Karil's Top.

Verac Skirt.

Anti-Drag.

Draggy Boots.

Ring of Life.

Combat Brace. (Gotta do RFD)

I'm using this to kill green (and once in a while red) drags in wildy. Karils top is so I can kill any revs I happen to pass =p

Xenon_101.png

Xenon_101.png

99 Range on 08/25/08!

Solo Arma Hilt on 12/06/08! (clicky)

• 4 weeks later...
Only get a ss if you plan to train strength... Otherwise a whip with a dfs or a defender is much better.

Well here's what i think and i guess a breakdown of it all. First sara sword is better than whip overall even with def. Why? Because in a pvp situation or pve one the sara swords spec will make up for all the lost hits in the defender and will out hit it considering that the special itself hits as well as str training. Sum: Sara Sword is better than whip. For the price? No not worth it. However this sword is dropping significantly and not long from now will it drop enough that its whiplike and will probably be favoured over the whip. :mrgreen: :thumbup: hope this helps (I wouldnt buy it again if ur going to absolutely train str and would die to not use it)

Only get a ss if you plan to train strength... Otherwise a whip with a dfs or a defender is much better.

Well here's what i think and i guess a breakdown of it all. First sara sword is better than whip overall even with def. Why? Because in a pvp situation or pve one the sara swords spec will make up for all the lost hits in the defender and will out hit it considering that the special itself hits as well as str training. Sum: Sara Sword is better than whip. For the price? No not worth it. However this sword is dropping significantly and not long from now will it drop enough that its whiplike and will probably be favoured over the whip. :mrgreen: :thumbup: hope this helps (I wouldnt buy it again if ur going to absolutely train str and would die to not use it)

I very much doubt it will become more favoured than the whip. Anyone who's seriously training slayer, for example, would rather have the def of a DFS/sq.

Also to say Sara Sword is better just because "the spec will make up for all the lost hits"..Well..

What if the spec hits low, or doesn't hit? Then you're stuffed. Really, Whip + Defender > SS except for 2 extreme circumstances (waterfiends + str-loving-pures-who-cant-put-up-with-scimmy).

Edit : Anyway, if you use a DDS, the numerous specs you can use with that outweighs any spec the SS does (unless you hit 10x zeros).

Duckie_Wins.png

Wait until around the end of the summer, and you will be glad you did.. As people go back to school, many more players focus more on skills, and the price of a Godsword will have deflated a lot by then.. And don't drop 80m on a SGS or AGS if thats all you have, because I can tell you, you will regret it for the time that you own nothing else..

~Zackdt

zackdt.png