Guitar Hero IV:World Tour - 100% REAL track list is up!

Arch_Tyrant

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is great news if its true, can anybody confirm the statement that I heard that Rock Band drum sets will be compatible with Guitar Hero World Tour as long as you buy an attachment?

All the instruments will work-no attachments, but it has only been confirmed for the 360.

BR BR BR? HUEHUEHEUEHUE

This is great news if its true, can anybody confirm the statement that I heard that Rock Band drum sets will be compatible with Guitar Hero World Tour as long as you buy an attachment?

All the instruments will work-no attachments, but it has only been confirmed for the 360.

OMG I just had an orgasm.

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Out of all of Buckethead's songs, they didn't use soothsayer :(

I mean Nottingham lace is awesome, but cmon... Soothsayer :wall:

EDIT: Oh so it's not the real setlist, we still have a chance precious.

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Out of all of Buckethead's songs, they didn't use soothsayer :(

I mean Nottingham lace is awesome, but cmon... Soothsayer :wall:

It's DLC on GH3?

BR BR BR? HUEHUEHEUEHUE

• 3 weeks later...
August 27, 2008 - After raising the bar of authenticity with every release in the Guitar Hero franchise, Activision Publishing, Inc.'s (Nasdaq: ATVI) Guitar Hero World Tour is cranking it to 11 by featuring several of the most influential instrument and equipment brands in the music industry. Gamers can score in-game sponsorships and gear from Ampeg, Audio-Technica, EMG Pickups, Ernie Ball, Evans Drumheads, Guitar Center, Krank Amplification, Mackie, Marshall, Orange County Drum & Percussion, Pork Pie Percussion, Regal Tip, Sabian cymbals, Vox and Zildjian drumsticks.

In addition to featuring products, the game lets virtual bands play on the same stage as many of their favorite musicians with digital re-creations of Amoeba Music, Live Nation's House of Blues Sunset Strip and San Francisco's AT&T Park.

"Gamers have come to expect a certain level of realism in video games and by collaborating with key brands in the industry we're able to deliver with Guitar Hero World Tour," said Dave Anderson, Sr. Director of Business Development for Activision Publishing, Inc. "With the most advanced wireless instrument controllers, the in-game likeness of multiple multi-platinum recording artists and authentic on-stage gear, the game offers the ultimate rock and roll experience."

When the house lights go down this fall, a new generation of guitarists, drummers and fearless frontmen will come together and rock with Guitar Hero World Tour. The latest installment in the #1 best-selling video game franchise of 2007, Guitar Hero World Tour transforms music gaming by expanding Guitar Hero's signature guitar gameplay into a cooperative band experience that combines the most advanced wireless controllers with new revolutionary online* and offline gameplay modes including Band Career and 8-player "Battle of the Bands," which allows two full bands to compete head-to-head online for the first time ever. The game features a slick newly redesigned guitar controller, drum kit controller and a microphone, as well as an innovative Music Studio music creator that lets players compose, record, edit and share their own rock 'n' roll anthems. Music creators will also be able to share their recordings with their friends online through GHTunesSM where other gamers can download and play an endless supply of unique creations.

Guitar Hero World Tour is being developed by Neversoft Entertainment for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system. The Wii version is being developed by Vicarious Visions. The PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system version is being developed by Budcat. The game is rated 12+ by PEGI and 12 by the BBFC. For more information on Guitar Hero World Tour, please visit http://www.guitarhero.com.

The original article can be seen here: http://wii.ign.com/articles/905/905854p1.html

Pretty sweet new info. Looking forward to playing on some real stages.

The only thing that got me nervous was at the bottom of the article...

*Online gameplay is only available for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system and Wii and may require an additional subscription.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

September 2, 2008 - Activision announced today that Billy Corgan, singer and lead guitarist for the Smashing Pumpkins, will make an appearance in Guitar Hero World Tour this fall as an in-game character, bringing with him a quartet of tracks for the game. On the disc, players will find the song "Today" with three more from the Smashing Pumpkins to come via downloadable content after the game releases. The three song Smashing Pumpkins pack will include "1979" and "The Everlasting Gaze" as well as the band's upcoming single "G.L.O.W." The new single will debut exclusively in Guitar Hero World Tour, giving fans access to the song before it releases anywhere else.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/906/906958p1.html

Australia, September 1, 2008 - In the battle for your dollars this holiday season, Activision's Guitar Hero: World Tour just got a little bit more appealing. Four more songs have been announced over the weekend at Activision's Asia-Pacific Activate event in New Zealand.

The new tracks:

The Living End - Prisoner of Society

Bullet For My Valentine - Scream Aim Fire

Lacuna Coil - Our Truth

Los Lobos - La Bamba

Aussies also get a little nod with rockabilly-punks The Living End breaking into the line-up with their early cover of 'Prisoner of Society'.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/906/906920p1.html

September 3, 2008 - Activision sent out new Guitar Hero World Tour info today, this time concerning a trio of songs that are being re-recorded exclusively for the game. MC5's Wayne Kramer, Motörhead, and The Sex Pistols have all come back to the studio for new recordings of several classic songs.

Wayne Kramer was joined by Jerry Cantrell of Alice and Chains and Gilby Clark of Guns 'N Roses fame to record a new version of "Kick Out the Jams" with the original producer, Bruce Botnick. The Sex Pistols are delivering their second re-record (the first coming in Guitar Hero 3 with "Anarcky in the U.K."). This go around, the group is offering up "Pretty Vacant" for Guitar Hero World Tour. Rounding out the news, Motörhead has re-recorded "Overkill."

http://wii.ign.com/articles/907/907331p1.html

Loving the news from the first article, but not so much from the second one. Wtf choose La Bamba? Maybe it'll be a metal version or something. :twisted:

Looking forward to using Billy Corgan as a character. It finally confirms the picture that was leaked of him in a motion capture suit playing guitar.

Love getting a new song from the Pumpkins as well.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Another Playable character?!?! :shock:

September 5, 2008 - The Guitar Hero World Tour set list and cast of licensed rockers continues to trickle out from Activision. Today we learn that Sting, lead singer and bassist of The Police, will make an appearance in the game as a playable character. The Police track "Demolition Man" will also be included in the game.

Tool, meanwhile, will lend "Parabola" from the album Lateralus and "Vicarious" from the album 10,000 Days. Guitar Hero World will also sport a venue inspired by the band's art style that has pervaded their music videos, shows, and album art

http://wii.ign.com/articles/908/908038p1.html

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Another Playable character?!?! :shock:

September 5, 2008 - The Guitar Hero World Tour set list and cast of licensed rockers continues to trickle out from Activision. Today we learn that Sting, lead singer and bassist of The Police, will make an appearance in the game as a playable character. The Police track "Demolition Man" will also be included in the game.

Tool, meanwhile, will lend "Parabola" from the album Lateralus and "Vicarious" from the album 10,000 Days. Guitar Hero World will also sport a venue inspired by the band's art style that has pervaded their music videos, shows, and album art

http://wii.ign.com/articles/908/908038p1.html

Lol Sting-

This is a rock game, and they get some eco-hippy to endorse it. :shock:

Problem is all the awesome rockers died of the Sex Drugs and Rock n Roll lifestyle :|

megakillersigbyhawkxsrh0.png

Quit Runescape 30th May 2006.

Thanks to Hawkxs for my signature :)

Hm. I think I like Rock Band 2's setlist more; same good songs from Guitar Hero, and a lot more. Plus, Rock Band showed to have great releases of downloadable songs. But, ey, they both look like great fun.

Of course, don't really matter for me. I can't afford either. :P

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I like gh alot better than Rock Band 2. For on, it isn't as easy. I played a rock band demo at best buy and fc'ed reptilia on my sightread. I have yet to fc it on gh3, getting about -15 runs. Harder game = more fun. I am praying for Paradise City though :pray: .

I like gh alot better than Rock Band 2. For on, it isn't as easy. I played a rock band demo at best buy and fc'ed reptilia on my sightread. I have yet to fc it on gh3, getting about -15 runs. Harder game = more fun. I am praying for Paradise City though :pray: .

Actualy its RB with the smaller windows not gh3.

You get -15 runs on GH3 yet fc'ed your sightread? Either you were really lucky or you don't try hard at all on GH3. Reptilias solo is so much easier on GH3 because of the bigger [garden tool]/po timing window, but it's still a really easy song on both games :lol:

I just heard Frankenstein by the Edgar Winter Group on the radio for like the third time in the past week, and I will orgasm if that song gets on here.

p2gq.jpg

I just heard Frankenstein by the Edgar Winter Group on the radio for like the third time in the past week, and I will orgasm if that song gets on here.

Wasn't it in the first guitar hero though?

PWNED.

(And yes, it is.)

BR BR BR? HUEHUEHEUEHUE