Corby Trial Outrage!

acidcantdie

For those who arnt aware Shapelle Corby was a woman from Gold Coast Australia who was going on holiday to Bali. She didnt lock her bags and someone put 4.1Kg of Marjiuana in her boogie board bag (what she says). I beleive that she didnt do it, there was so much irrisputable proof she didnt but the Bali court didnt do a thing, her family was there too and they know she didnt.

PROOF FOR CORBY!

- Her bag was 4.1kg before she left

- That day baggage handlers were caught smuggling drugs through the country

- She would get more if she sold them in Australia (x5 more she said)

- They never done a fingerprint check on her bags.

Now the courts said she would get max 10 years in prison if she was caught.

How much?

20 years...

Its do NOT bypass the censor (excuse my french) but i believe strongly shes innocent and shes lost 20 years of her life.

Being australian i have heard alot about this trial and will be interested to hear the result (within a couple of hours) but it seems hard to believe that someone can have a fair trial when your judges barely understand what you are saying. Scary to think how easy it could be to get a life sentence

Oh yeah just heard.. 25 years

seph54646lrlr.jpg

Considering she could've been given the death penalty, 20 years is a good outcome.

Still bad, but better than being shot.

And they still have the appeal process to go. With any luck they can knock more time off her current sentence if not get it overturned.

In respect to the Indonesian judicial system 20 years is very good, I would have thought more along the lines of 50-life.

I hate how the media have sensationalised this trial as they attempt to make a mockery of the Indonesian justice system its very disrespectful and borderline racist.

It has been made very clear that if you brought drugs into the country the maximum penalty is death but no one seems to realise that just because a good looking Australian (if she didnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t look as nice I bet it wouldnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t have got the coverage it did get, this case is not unique) is caught and is acting innocent doesnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t mean she is. Every man and their dog knows to lock up their bags when travelling, serve's her right for not doing the most basic of precautions.

Travelling to worse off countries with differing legal system is a risk that should be factored into to anyone's trip, sure the likelihood of getting in trouble with the law is low but if you do get in trouble donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t expect to be saved. The trade off with this is that you get everything cheaper and you are basically treated like a king (but dont expect the legal system to be as developed as ours).

The case is prima facie (at first sight) and pretty much means that it is a sufficient case for trial, she was caught with it is pretty much guilty it is almost res ipsa loquitur (the thing speaks for itself). Unless there is some explicit and hard evidence for why she shouldn't be convicted, she is guilty.

PROOF FOR CORBY!

So what if her bag was checked in as 4.1kg (assuming that is on the luggage label and not 'her word'), wouldn't it be safer to get the drugs in the bag after it's checked in that way it is going through one less security check.

The baggage handler who was caught for drug smuggling was caught in relation to cocaine smuggling through Sydney airport; different drug, they probably donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t even deal with anything other then cocaine.

She would not get more for it in Australia as Australian hydro is better quality and more powerful then the Bali variety, she would fetch a premium for selling it over there to the tourists.

Fingerprint check would be pointless as it would confirm that indeed her prints are on the bag (since it is her bag after all), further more it would have been fiddled with by authorities by the time it would have been sent for a test (forensic testing is not considered over there as much as it is here).

So what if her bag was checked in as 4.1kg (assuming that is on the luggage label and not 'her word'), wouldn't it be safer to get the drugs in the bag after it's checked in that way it is going through one less security check.

Her bag couldn't have been 4.1kg at checking. She would've been forced to open it.

I think there's a missing word in that post from acidcantdie.

The baggage handler who was caught for drug smuggling was caught in relation to cocaine smuggling through Sydney airport; different drug, they probably donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t even deal with anything other then cocaine.

And the Heroin bust in Adelaine. 100kg of it just rocking into the country.

Then there was also the baggage handler who was caught ON TAP wearing some chicken suit belong to a passenger on a flight.

She would not get more for it in Australia as Australian hydro is better quality and more powerful then the Bali variety, she would fetch a premium for selling it over there to the tourists.

If I could get more weed for less, I'll go with that option. When it comes to weed, if it gets you high, potency doesn't matter to most people.

Fingerprint check would be pointless as it would confirm that indeed her prints are on the bag (since it is her bag after all), further more it would have been fiddled with by authorities by the time it would have been sent for a test (forensic testing is not considered over there as much as it is here).

But they wouldn't have turned up on the BAG WITH THE WEED IN IT.

Which was the whole point of finger printing it. But instead, the customers officers passed it around like a toy and not critical evidence.

Basically the Bali custom officials did everything wrong and no one really gave a [cabbage].

And now shapple is looking at spending 20 years behind bars because of it.

Have you noticed that in the past year she has made many trips to bali, hmm I wonder why.

She was probably in on it.

Have you noticed that in the past year she has made many trips to bali, hmm I wonder why.

She was probably in on it.

I dont know the story at all, but if this is true, what and why has she made so many trips?

what the hell is strange about that?

My cousin used to fly between england and australia about once a month and she wasnt dealing drugs.

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

DWY it was proven that it was her second visit to Bali since 2000. Before you go making false accusations, read up on the real info instead of the rumours that surround the case.

Anyway, my sympathy goes to Schapelle, I believe her side of the story, and if she put a body board through with 4.1kilos of marijuana, I'm sure they would have asked to open it up, because it's a strangely heavy body board if you ask me.

I think the australian government should take action, or maybe i'm just too patriotic for australia and it's people..

its because of the australian govt that shes only getting 20 years and not life imprisonment (or execution, this is [edit] bali [what can i say, im tired] were talking about). she'll also b extradided extradided to australia aswell. neways they're gonna appeal, i hope they've got a better deffence this time tho (im not saying it was a crappy defence but she was found guilty....nothing was concrete either)

limpxbizkid.png

i+r+newblet.png

I think the australian government should take action, or maybe i'm just too patriotic for australia and it's people..

its because of the australian govt that shes only getting 20 years and not life imprisonment (or execution, this is indonesia were talking about). she'll also b extradided extradided to australia aswell. neways they're gonna appeal, i hope they've got a better deffence this time tho (im not saying it was a crappy defence but she was found guilty....nothing was concrete either)

True but I keep hearing conflicting stories..

I also heard that they were still "trying" to get her extradided to Australia.

As far as I'm concerned, be glad with what she got. With that amount of pot she should have been looking at at least 50 years - death, and I'm leaning towards death if she had been indonesian. The Austrailian government probably did do a lot, by pushing the punishment down to only 20.

The reason I'm saying be glad with only 20? There are two reasons:

1) Indonesia is a Buddist country. Buddists belive in reincarnation. Some people are given sentances of 200 years and up. It's designed not only to punish people in their current life, but also the next. Killing someone (and moving them onto their next life quicker), is consider too lienient by many! 20 years in indonesia is what 5 years is in England.

2) It wasn't Thailand. In Thailand if your caught with even a gram of pot on you (I've heard of people being done for used ends of splifs, as evidence that they used to have pot), it's two years minumum, no trial, no chance of parole. If you're caught with enough to supply others, it's 30 years minimum.

What she's got is bad, and it's unfair, but it could be so much worse. She should have taken many more precautions with her luggage, there are so many ways this needent have happened, and a fair few are to do with her.

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

PROOF FOR CORBY!

For "proof", read "evidence". I'm not going to pretend I know anything about this; nor that I care, really (not because I'm a heartless person*, but because lots of things like that happen every day). However, there are, as you said, any number of ways that she could have got that stuff, and many of them could have been orchestrated by her.

My cousin used to fly between england and australia about once a month and she wasnt dealing drugs.

True (I assume :)), but how often has she been caught with drugs in her bags?

Some things that puzzle me: why would someone plant so much valuable stuff on someone? What do they stand to gain? After all, it having been found suggests it must have been easy to find (in a way). Would the people who planted it not have done better by taking it through hidden carefully somewhere else? If they were trying to get her into trouble, they'd have used a less costly amount, I'd guess.

*which I am.

In respect to the Indonesian judicial system 20 years is very good, I would have thought more along the lines of 50-life.

WHAT!!! if she was tried in australia she would have got like 5 years witch i things a load of BS! going to jail for having something that grows in the dirt. a natural plant is bloody insane :x

herion,crack all them i can understand but really it grown in the ground.

Capital punishment is also a load of BS and that for DRUG SMUGLING!! that shouldnt even be given to murderers. they can rot in there cells for the rest of there lives, but death for having plant matter on you is down right stupid

i think she did do it but should have been taken to Australia and tried by a jurie of her peers

manedit.png

First and only pixel thinger I made.

If I could get more weed for less, I'll go with that option. When it comes to weed, if it gets you high, potency doesn't matter to most people.

I don't know anything about the trial, but I'm definately gonna disagree with you here, Rick. Granted, I wouldn't buy the best green I could find if I was only gonna get a gram for like ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã100, but similarly I wouldn't buy 4 ounces of badly grown leaves and stems for the same price. You would usually find the best trade off between potency and amount. Just like buying anything else.

... Or so my friend tells me. :wink:

thirdeyesig0tl.jpg

Dreaming of that face again

It's bright, and blue, and shimmering

Grinning wide

And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

Can't arguee against someone who smokes weed.

But that's the general impression I get from most people around here

they'll got for quantity over quality :-?

*shrug*

1) Indonesia is a Buddist country. Buddists belive in reincarnation. Some people are given sentances of 200 years and up. It's designed not only to punish people in their current life, but also the next. Killing someone (and moving them onto their next life quicker), is consider too lienient by many! 20 years in indonesia is what 5 years is in England.

Wow just wow... psst 90% of Indonesian's are Muslim; I also heard that there are some practicing Hindu's in Bali but that's still not Buddism.

WHAT!!! if she was tried in australia she would have got like 5 years witch i things a load of BS! going to jail for having something that grows in the dirt. a natural plant is bloody insane :x

herion,crack all them i can understand but really it grown in the ground.

Capital punishment is also a load of BS and that for DRUG SMUGLING!! that shouldnt even be given to murderers. they can rot in there cells for the rest of there lives, but death for having plant matter on you is down right stupid

i think she did do it but should have been taken to Australia and tried by a jurie of her peers

But she was not in Australia hence, Indonesian law. What is the point of different legal systems over the world if you end up wanting to have a trial under Australian law no matter which country? You are taking the countries right to be free and independent and you are also being rude disrespecting their way of life.

It is not the plant that is the problem as such but its effects. The plant's goal is not to grow and get burnt by people but to exist and grow naturally. It is like saying it is BS for someone to go to gaol for murdering someone because the knife is just made of something that is found in the ground (iron and [cooking] coal).

But selling drugs could be considered murder; overdoses, degrading of the body to a point of disease, removing someone judgement (which can lead to death).

Ohh yeah not to mention that crack-cocaine and heroin are both also made from plants... the leaves from the cocaine plant are still used to make coca-cola flavouring even today (with the drugs removed from them of course).

So please get your facts straight before posting again.

Do what exactly?

WHAT!!! if she was tried in australia she would have got like 5 years

No in Australia she wouldent have goten anything.

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

I hate how the media have sensationalised this trial as they attempt to make a mockery of the Indonesian justice system its very disrespectful and borderline racist.

It has been made very clear that if you brought drugs into the country the maximum penalty is death but no one seems to realise that just because a good looking Australian (if she didnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t look as nice I bet it wouldnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t have got the coverage it did get, this case is not unique) is caught and is acting innocent doesnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t mean she is. Every man and their dog knows to lock up their bags when travelling, serve's her right for not doing the most basic of precautions.

Travelling to worse off countries with differing legal system is a risk that should be factored into to anyone's trip, sure the likelihood of getting in trouble with the law is low but if you do get in trouble donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t expect to be saved. The trade off with this is that you get everything cheaper and you are basically treated like a king (but dont expect the legal system to be as developed as ours).

The case is prima facie (at first sight) and pretty much means that it is a sufficient case for trial, she was caught with it is pretty much guilty it is almost res ipsa loquitur (the thing speaks for itself). Unless there is some explicit and hard evidence for why she shouldn't be convicted, she is guilty.

PROOF FOR CORBY!

mate what u saids disgrace full to her family and you should be ashamed its not her fault if some1 did put it in her bag!!

and 20 years sucks they nvr did the tests asked 2 that could prove her innocent.

many ppl are really angry here and even wish that they hadn't give ($1 billion +) because of this..

im shocked our government hasn't steped in!!

Aussie Aussie Aussie,

:D

She should be dead, and extremely happy she got 20 years.

Hundreds of people are caught and die or go to prison, why is she any different?

Pro-She shouldn't be jailed

Let's see, She has 4.1kg of marijuana in her bag.

She tried to hide it according to customs officials.

Anti-She shouldn't be jailed

Uhh.. she's pretty and she looks nice

The media's capitalisation on this issue is pretty boring, and I'm sick of seeing her crying face on the news every time I watch it. She's guilty, good riddance, maybe they'll shut up about it.

And don't argue about their laws. You have to respect their cultures and what they believe in. That's like going to an Islamic country and attempting to make all the women take off their shawls in protest of the law.

Get over it.