Stages Of RuneScape noobification and will it ever stop?

agentkiller4

of course, there a some very cleaver youngsters(12 and younger), but you must admit they are not the majority.

No, they're probably not the majority, which means they have to learn more on how to play the game. Isn't that the whole point of a game? All new players need to learn the controls, basic goals and objectives(if there is one in Runescape), how to do certain activities, etc. That is why we have tutorial island. Playing Runescape is a learning process. It may take you several tries to be able to do something well. Isn't that the idea behind cooking? When you cook things more often, you gain experience and levels and then you don't burn things as much. Some people learn quicker than others, and some don't.

-Runescape Addict --- Seven-time Writer for the Tip.It Times-

"Yes I have tricks in my pocket, I have things up my sleeve. But I am the opposite of a stage magician. He gives you the illusion that has the appearance of truth. I give you truth in the pleasant disguise of illusion." - The Glass Menagerie

DragonkinFF13Sig2copy.jpg

"This game isn't about graphics, it's about fun." - The Great Ortiz 9471

<> Dragon drops: Plateskirt(1), Half Shield(1) <>

I don't think i said that wasn't the case, of course they too one day may become veterans and that's fine, what i'm saying is that some/alot/enough of them are not pateint enough and want it easy. I have seen the game decline from the ages of classic there are still good people but back in rsc most of the people you met were up for a laugh, it just isn't the case any more.

^

I'd say that's more the case because the community isn't tight-knit anymore. No one knows each other, whereas in Classic you could log in and know 20 random people, right? It's the cheer volume of players, not the age of the players in your case.

Taking a Playstation 3 break.

card.png

Noobification... really not a good word for putting into a debate thread.

Other than that, I do think that Jagex is trying to get more young little children to play runescape. Everyone should have their own answer in their mind as they also see how runescape is changing. Of course, Jagex will still do some updates for mature players but general speaking, the rs world is going to be more safe. 'Please dont tell me GWD is always dangerous and exciting. Yes, its pretty dangerous if you are going for your 1st time. ^^ But what about your 10th times?? 20th times?? or even 50 times?? Basically monster hunting in runescape is just players repeating very similar ways/methods to fight some fix progarmed monsters.

New Graphics: Its a pretty good thing because I suppose mature players play content more than graphics and the new graphics would propably attract more little kids to play runescape and so Jagex would earn more $ from the children's parents.

For players who disliked the current updates of runescape probably dont wanna play with little kids and perchaps a bit mean. In fact, theres nothing wrong for little children joining runescape because they will be the pillar of our society in the future. So lets welcome our little kids in the future and support the 'safety updates' and why not turning runescape into an educational game which make the game become more mainstream. lolz ::'

Even Jagex is trying to get more little kids to play rs, I dont see anything wrong from their point of view.

A personal comments on GE: grandexchange is a great update for every players but I am a bit lame. I am not a merchant at all but I just dont really like it. Its because I like a 'real life' game better. Just think of whats inside Capitalism and Communism and you may know how I feel. Also, I dont really like to watch a perfect competivie market because it never happens in real life. Anyways, this para is just off topic and whether agree with me or not, please dont do any reply on this thread and just focus on the topic of this thread. Thankz.

Fools!! Having Wilderness Pking back is harder than Letting camels pass through the needle's hole!!

I don't think i said that wasn't the case, of course they too one day may become veterans and that's fine, what i'm saying is that some/alot/enough of them are not pateint enough and want it easy. I have seen the game decline from the ages of classic there are still good people but back in rsc most of the people you met were up for a laugh, it just isn't the case any more.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make, there really isn't much of a stated opinion in that paragraph. The really obscure part is the last sentence, which could use some reworking in the wording (I am a grammar and spelling freak, sorry. Just look at my signature :roll: ).

To be more on topic, I will say that Jagex really hasn't made any skills easier to train in my opinion. I'm sure you may recall when they lowered the Pest Control awards and made other changes to the game because people were rocketing in their combat levels too quickly. They have done numerous things to help players get started, such as adding the tutors around Lumbridge. Also take a look at Summoning. It can be a really slow skill to train, because you have to get charms from killing monsters. You have to be really patient for that skill.

"Yes I have tricks in my pocket, I have things up my sleeve. But I am the opposite of a stage magician. He gives you the illusion that has the appearance of truth. I give you truth in the pleasant disguise of illusion." - The Glass Menagerie

I've been playing RuneScape since mid-2003. Obviously I can't say I'm as much of a veteran as you, but honestly? The game, right now, is better than it ever has been. The Grand Exchange has done away with sitting there chanting "Selling rune plate 45k!" and made the game faster and stronger.

That's my two cents.

their was a time that you could kill people pvp allmost everywhere.....now that was fun

the lazyness of not being able of saying "selling rune plate 45k" is kinda sad judging that my major income was merch b4 ge

and yes it is faster...but an unworthy trade off

to:floodfight merching is much slower...merchs could make easily 10m a day off a measly blue mask b4 ge

and i dont wana dig through the rs news pages and scan 3 years worth

the qoute was from memory

agentkiller4.png

Lots of youngsters couldn't cope with the wilderness as the older veterans had it down to a fine art.

That is equivalent to saying that newer players or younger players wouldn't be able to kill boss monsters effectively, do quests, or level a skill efficiently because older players had more experience at those sorts of activities.

you seem to love flaming virturally *everyone's* posts

agentkiller4.png

I wouldn't say *every* lousy update was due to younger players, but then again, take a look at all the warning signs that the Doomsayer has. More than I have fingers and toes.

Anyway, about the "noobification" thing, I guess it will stop. Go any lower than 7, I doubt they'll be able to turn on a computer, much less play on one.

exactly my point

and ty for the impot...i hope it stops getting worse lol

agentkiller4.png

i personally like GE it reminds me of the new york stock and makes merchanting an actual skill as you have to predict an items rise and fall. and definitely made it easier to buy and sell items

the wildy being cut out i think was a fatal mistake by jagex. many players lost their enjoyment with the game and left and it started the noobfests also known as riots. i guess jagex was just trying to appeal to everybody and come to a compromise but they screwed up the minigames that were suppose to take over for the wildy. afterall they are just trying to run a business.

monoclesmilecopy.jpg

Lots of youngsters couldn't cope with the wilderness as the older veterans had it down to a fine art.

That is equivalent to saying that newer players or younger players wouldn't be able to kill boss monsters effectively, do quests, or level a skill efficiently because older players had more experience at those sorts of activities.

you seem to love flaming virturally *everyone's* posts

How is that flaming? I'm not even sure if that's mild flaming, which is allowed by the rules. That's my opinion of what Allanos was saying with that one quote, and I was in no way attacking other people. In fact, Allanos' statement is probably closer to flaming than mine, because he/she was practically saying that (to put it bluntly) "new and young players can't be good at things because they don't have as much experience as people who have been doing it longer than them." That's what I'm translating from that.

I haven't "flamed" everyone's posts, I've only made valid points with a strong opinion on maybe two or three people's posts. This is the Debate Club isn't it? I'm sorry if you or others are offended by my "aggressive attacks of debate", but it's what you need to expect. I've seen a lot worse that people have gotten away with. An example of flaming would be something like this: "your idea is stupid, you're an idiot, anyone who thinks this way is stupid, blah blah blah, etc." And I clearly did nothing of that sort. I will be very surprised if a moderator shows up and says my posts are flaming.

To be on topic, while you can't merchant as efficiently as before, you should still be able to do it to some degree. If you can't make money from it, then I'm sorry, but complaining isn't doing anything but keeping you from going out and finding another way of making money.

^At your sig:

***Use good grammar, spelling and punctuation for goodness sakes! Thank you!***

It's "Goodness' sake".

Anyway, everything Jagex does, they do for money. The TC is 100% right, but Jagex won't steer from this path now until their site gets DDoSed or whatever.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

I don't mind what flood said at all so don't consider it flaming, it's quite an interesting debate we have here for a change.
It's "Foodfight13," "Foodfight," or "Food". No flood, floodfight, no hurricane or any other natural disasters. :wall:

I joined as part of the mini clip generation in 2006. However I am a more than mature player (45 years old at last count). I play as a free player. I have 3 children aged 6, 10 and 16.

The six year old has absolutely no interest in runescape as it is too difficult to understand and "get into". The 16 year old has better things to do in real life. The 10 year old likes to know what I am doing but still cannot see why I might find it interesting.

My children are entirely normal and I see that their reactions are pretty typical of their age group. I see no evidence of vast numbers of 8 - 12 year olds playing.

JAGeX would have to change a little more than provide warning signs and tutors before most children would become fans.

In general all the changes made appear to be geared towards all players that are new and need as much help as they can get. Do you forget how much time you wasted wandering aimlessly about Lumby swamps or trying to sell 5 airs in a bank etc?

The skills introduced recently ie construction and summoning cannot in any way be seen as geared to any one but people with good knowledge and experience of the game.

As for the GE. This is a brilliant introduction and has released people to do skilling rather than typing for hours on end. Merchanting relied heavily on using newbs to get products cheap and then selling them high to experienced players. This could be called exploitation. GE investment is using intelligence, logic, psychology, intuition, mathematics. luck, experience and research. Try teaching GE methods to an average 12 year old who has only just started simple algebra at school.

It all makes me wonder whether you are just another person ranting about the December updates 6 months on?

Being only 38 years old I love the GE and the recent changes to stop RWTing. I actually started playing again because of it. I didn't particularly enjoy being scammed or the numerous attempts to scam me. Nor did I enjoy the hours wasted trying to log on to world 1 or 2 to sell drops and treasure trail items.

Now I can just sell and buy through the GE and it works great for most of the items.

I also noticed that the atmosphere has improved greatly. The ratio of dedicated skiller vs scammer has swayed considerably towards that of the skillers.

How can you not love it?

I'm indifferent towards the end of the Wilderness in a sense: it did attract a negative component, but it also gave great joy to many. So the game changed. But for the good it seems.

In fact, I will have to come to the conclusion that there has been a de-noobification.

Theres a word for this i forget but its not the younger players.... its the low level noobs that are at risk to quit the game losing them 5$ they gotta keep them happy wile the higher lvl players who play the game more as a job or are addicted dont need much to keep playing and paying. thats why all gear stops at 75 if higher levels had gear they deserved for getting levels in the 80's or 90's noobs would get mad and quit because they get ownt

etc.... i could go on for days but you get it

Gangstrmage.png

Being only 38 years old I love the GE and the recent changes to stop RWTing. I actually started playing again because of it. I didn't particularly enjoy being scammed or the numerous attempts to scam me. Nor did I enjoy the hours wasted trying to log on to world 1 or 2 to sell drops and treasure trail items.

Really? 38 years old and you can't program Runescape World 2 onto your favorites panel? <.<

newsigac5.png