Trade Limit? No, Trade Balence! Also posted on ROF

Mavric92

__We all know and hate the trade limit, but it is a nessesary evil to stop RWT(real world traders). But what if there was a way around it that still stoped the RWTs? I say instead of a limit impose a trade balance that tracks your trades and records how how much you got for how much you gave.

EX:

__Player one trades player two a chicken ( net worth 20gp ) for 15gp. palyer one has a trade blance of +5 and player two a balance of -5. An honest player's blance will stay around 0 but a RTW's balence will grow ever higher(seller) or ever lower(supplyer).

__But what if I give X to my friend and it ruins my trade balance?? Jagex can simply keep a History of your trades (similar to your Grand Exchange history, except longer) that inculds what you gave, to who, and when. If they susppect a legit player of Real World Trading they check that players history and see oh he gave 1M to this guy one time and that is the only thing unusual then obviously he isn't a RTW. However if they see that player has been giving several different people large amounts of money and getting it all from the same person they can logically conclud that they are a RWT and BAN them and their supplyer.

A simple fix to a rather large and annoying problem.

- why doesn't tip it let me indent!!!! oh the humanity! :ohnoes: :ohnoes:

oh yeah, I took the time to post this so take some time to reply!

Mavric92.png

Mavric92

Halo 3: lvl 37 Grade 2 Commander (going for rank 40 team slayer, 37 is from Lone Wolfs)

CoD4: lvl 33 forth prestige

Always happy to play Tip iters in a good old Halo 3 slayer match, just send me a friend request.

Tell me how they will get around this "So quickly". You think they will just keep making different accounts to sell the people money? Yeah I thought of that too, but the seller has to get the money from some place aswell so, assuming Jagex isn't stupid, instead of baning the 100 different sellers you ban the 5 or 10 money makers that give it to the sellers.

As to anyone eles that just whats to post "Horrible" and leave either tell me why so I can make this better or piss off. :)

Mavric92.png

Mavric92

Halo 3: lvl 37 Grade 2 Commander (going for rank 40 team slayer, 37 is from Lone Wolfs)

Always happy to play Tip iters in a good old Halo 3 slayer match, just send me a friend request.

Even if Jagex could do this, they would still be able to sell money, and the customer support would be blown away by all the unbalanced trades. It would make them busy, and us unhappy because we lent our friend guthans and we got slapped with the RWT ban.

Horrible idea.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

Even if Jagex could do this, they would still be able to sell money, and the customer support would be blown away by all the unbalanced trades. It would make them busy, and us unhappy because we lent our friend guthans and we got slapped with the RWT ban.

Horrible idea.

You obviously read the third paragraph right?

Maybe it is a bad idea, I'm just trying to come up with a way so that honest players can still help each other out and maybe catch a few RWTs, its not like RWTing is dead now anyways, go to google and type in "Buying runescape gold" and see how many hits you still get ;) .

Sure some trades are gonna get by but if you see/saw a player with a trade balence of -5000000 are you gonna start thinking that he earned what hes wearing or bought it? And if you see him and flame him/treat him poorly isn't that going to act as an anti buying gold meathod? Like if you were looking to buy some gold but then you realized your trade balence would go negative and all your friends would lose respect for you would you still want to do it?

Mavric92.png

Mavric92

Tell me how they will get around this "So quickly". You think they will just keep making different accounts to sell the people money? Yeah I thought of that too, but the seller has to get the money from some place aswell so, assuming Jagex isn't stupid, instead of baning the 100 different sellers you ban the 5 or 10 money makers that give it to the sellers.

As to anyone eles that just whats to post "Horrible" and leave either tell me why so I can make this better or piss off. :)

5 or 10? Do you remember what the autoers were like? Gold sellers get their money for hundreds or thousands of different accounts. Most autoers have about a week or so before they get banned, and don't care, just because they have so many other accounts. The saftey features in your plan won't do anything. At all.

Also, about other players flaming you because of a negative trade balance, what if you were just a good mercher? I think this could lead to a lot of legit players being shunned/flamed just because people think they bought gold.

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

5 or 10? Do you remember what the autoers were like? Gold sellers get their money for hundreds or thousands of different accounts. Most autoers have about a week or so before they get banned, and don't care, just because they have so many other accounts. The saftey features in your plan won't do anything. At all.

Also, about other players flaming you because of a negative trade balance, what if you were just a good mercher? I think this could lead to a lot of legit players being shunned/flamed just because people think they bought gold.

There also weren't only 100 sellers I was refering to more of a one group or company of them, other than that fair point.

Mavric92.png

Mavric92

I don't like the whole idea of the whole 3K limit thing either, people can still sell their accounts for money, can't they? That doesn't change a thing, which was the majority of RWT going on. They didn't stop much RWT'ing, but in game trading, like accounts for GP and such.

But what does it really matter? Blizzard isn't taking things to such extremes, their doing fine. Why should JaGeX?

piss u off lock please this is going no where
whatcolor_isblue.jpg

Mm, I see. Could work.

But what if a RWT stores multiple mils on different accounts?

Ex:

RWT ACC A gives 1m to Player 1

RWT ACC B gives 1m to Player 2

And so on...sure it's not to the same guy, but people could still effectively RWT, for example:

RWT A gives 1m to RWT B and 1m to RWT C, gets banned the next day (I hope Jagex won't be that strict, but this is an example. It'd just be worse if the acc distributes 1m to 5 different people.)

RWT B gives 1m to RWT C and 1m to RWT D.

This way someone could juggle millions between accounts and then unload it all onto one character, then sell it all at once.

Plus there's another problem, very expensive gifts. Before the trade limit, a rich friend of mine would often give very expensive gifts to people if they were long buddies. So what if he decides to give a guthans set to his friend for his birthday? How would Jagex know he's a RWT, or just likes to give to charity?

Plus there's another problem, very expensive gifts. Before the trade limit, a rich friend of mine would often give very expensive gifts to people if they were long buddies. So what if he decides to give a guthans set to his friend for his birthday? How would Jagex know he's a RWT, or just likes to give to charity?

An rwt doesnt have the person he is giving the bought gold to on his list for a year and chat to him every day.

Designer Violence.

Suddenly you've brought back human error into the equation, and it's very easy to fool a human, let alone a CS monkey. RWTers have almost perfected the art of making an unbalanced trade look like someone giving a gift to someone else, and this just gives them the opportunity to practice this again.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

An rwt doesnt have the person he is giving the bought gold to on his list for a year and chat to him every day.

You could set it up as so. Not for a year obviously, but for a few weeks. It could pass. I've become great friends with people over a few days.

You could set it up as so. Not for a year obviously, but for a few weeks. It could pass. I've become great friends with people over a few days.

Exactly. There's a massive grey area between the actions of a player giving an item to a friend and the actions of a RWTer giving an item to a customer, pretending to be a player giving an item to a friend. In the vast amount of cases, they can be indiscernible, unless the RWTer is very inexperienced.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Rather than taking the time to do something like this, or create something even better to put an end to real world trading, JaGeX took the easy way out and just put the trade limit. Same thing with the duel arena.