"Refining/secondary" skills not rewarding enough?

nightzero

I've made this point to several friends on many occasions.

With as many people as there are at 99 in these skills, there's no value placed on the services provided by each skill. No longer would one pay for having their sharks cooked without fail. No more would one look to a skiller to have sara brews made, to have black dragonhide crafted into something useful, all these services are meaningless.

Skill capes and the GE did this. I'm not saying they were bad updates, but they doomed the productivity and usefulness of us skillers.

That's a really good way to put it.

Of course, this could be fixed by implementing untradable benefits from the skills :D

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for smithing,i was thinking on that few days ago.

Maybe we could intrudunce durability for armor and weapons,meele have too big dvartage that they have to pay only once for their level.durability will be repaible,so smithers will get some money.

orao8.png

Always buying something.

for smithing,i was thinking on that few days ago.

Maybe we could intrudunce durability for armor and weapons,meele have too big dvartage that they have to pay only once for their level.durability will be repaible,so smithers will get some money.

I like this idea.

A higher demand for Rune armour, would mean a higher price - therefore, more money for skillers!

There's too much emphasis on the actual skilling, and not enough on the final product - it's skill cape's fault. Suddenly, everyone wants to get to 99 in every skill, so they can wear a silly cape.

My suggestion to fix this problem has been posted on the RSOF, quickfind can be found in my sig! If you see this as a problem, I strongly encourage you to come down and check it out. If you like it, great, leave your support and a bump! If you don't, tell me how I can improve my ideas! :D

Hopefully this thread can become big enough to actually change something about the way Jagex (and players) view skills.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

My suggestion to fix this problem has been posted on the RSOF, quickfind can be found in my sig! If you see this as a problem, I strongly encourage you to come down and check it out. If you like it, great, leave your support and a bump! If you don't, tell me how I can improve my ideas! :D

Hopefully this thread can become big enough to actually change something about the way Jagex (and players) view skills.

aright i linked it. ive also posted my thoughts.

Subzero-x3.gif

lulz wut?

aright i linked it. ive also posted my thoughts.

Ooooh, that was YOU. I was wondering what thread you were talking about lol.

Awesome, thank you very much! I guess, given the circumstances, I won't link to your post in the RSOF then lol.

With as many people as there are at 99 in these skills, there's no value placed on the services provided by each skill. No longer would one pay for having their sharks cooked without fail. No more would one look to a skiller to have sara brews made, to have black dragonhide crafted into something useful, all these services are meaningless.

Skill capes and the GE did this. I'm not saying they were bad updates, but they doomed the productivity and usefulness of us skillers.

Of course, this could be fixed by implementing untradable benefits from the skills :D

That would make skillers self-beneficial, wich would not solve that problem. He's talking about giving services.(Assist system.)

That would make skillers self-beneficial, wich would not solve that problem. He's talking about giving services.(Assist system.)

It wouldn't directly solve the problem of exp costing money, no. It would solve the problem of skilling being worthless, which is really the root of the issues here.

It's more like how before, exp would come when you help people. You do it for exp, they do it for the services provided. The assist system isn't quite monumental enough for that to fix it. I'm talking, like, 5k cooked for raw sharks. Trades like that were common when it was only real skillers that skilled hardcore. Now there are, what, 40k 99 cookers? Every noob and their cousins are now out there buying raw sharks, and selling cooked. The economy is saturated with people skilling not for the skills sake, but for a shiny cape, and with all that demand on exp, there's no value placed on those of us with high stats. Instead of people wanting their raw sharks cooked competing for the 94 cookers' sharks, it's 94 cookers competing for raw sharks.

And... it's doomed that way. Unless every account is wiped, and Runescape starts all over again, it's going to be like this forever. And getting worse. The secondary skills are going to cost more and more as time goes on, and telling people that they're not expensive if you gather your materials makes no sense, as the material gathering skills make more money than refining the materials will.

• 4 weeks later...