smoking bad as they say?

Shas_O_Jay

well i was just wondering... i've always heard how smoking destroys your lungs, introduces toxic chemicals, gets you addicted, etc., but my friend chain smokes and he says that it's not as bad as advertising says.. well my question is if so many people in japan smoke (like 50% or something while i lived there) then why do they have the highest life expectancy in the world?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YES IT IS BAD FOR YOU AND OTHERS AROUND YOU!

Sorry I just hate when smokers put all their nasty smoke around me... :x

I agree, I hate breathing all the smoke from smokers. Its just nasty

lope6jw0.jpg

Guest GhostRanger

Did your friend have any evidence to support his claim? There's tons of factual evidence about the dangers of smoking out there if you look. Just because he says it doesn't make it true. Watch this.

Pigs can fly.

Is that statement true just because I said it? Or just because I want it to be true?

well my question is if so many people in japan smoke (like 50% or something while i lived there) then why do they have the highest life expectancy in the world?
The smoking is irrelevant, they have the best healthcare in the world. Thats why the life expectancy is the best.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

well my question is if so many people in japan smoke (like 50% or something while i lived there) then why do they have the highest life expectancy in the world?
The smoking is irrelevant, they have the best healthcare in the world. Thats why the life expectancy is the best.

I dare to challenge you, USA and Scandinavia (Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Iceland) have the best healthcare in the world, the latter even have it free. Not that I'm questioning Japan though, it can't be just a coincidence that their life expectancy is so high.

I dare to challenge you, USA and Scandinavia (Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Iceland) have the best healthcare in the world, the latter even have it free. Not that I'm questioning Japan though, it can't be just a coincidence that their life expectancy is so high.

because they eat healthy food like fish, and don't overfeed themselves with fast food. They lead much healthier lives then many people around the world.

dangermouse01sy3.jpg

Visit my DeviantArt Page at http://vladmoney.deviantart.com

Finnish men die younger than men living in other European countries.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

These are the ingredients in a ciggy ~ not to be confused with a siggy (signature lol)

http://www.smokefreedom.net/articles/ingredients.htm

Acetone: ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ nail polish remover

Ammonia: Household cleaner

Angelica root extract: Known to cause cancer in animals

Arsenic: Used in rat poisons

Benzene: Used in making dyes, synthetic rubber

Butane: Gas; used in lighter fluid

Carbon monoxide: Poisonous gas

Cadmium: Used in batteries

Cyanide: Deadly poison

DDT: A banned insecticide

Ethyl Furoate: Causes liver damage in animals

Formaldehiyde: Used to preserve dead specimens

Hydrazine: ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ rocket fuel

Hydrogen Cyanide: ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ rat poison

Lead: Poisonous in high doses

Methoprene: Insecticide

Megastigmatrienone: Chemical naturally found in grapefruit juice

Maltitol: Sweetener for diabetics

Methyl isocyanate: Its accidental release killed 2000 people in Bhopal, India in 1984

Napthalene: Ingredient in mothballs

Nicotine: ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ a poison used to kill cockroaches

Polonium: Cancer-causing radioactive element

100completepl0.png

<( *-* )> <(*-* <) (> *-*)> <( *-* )>

Guest GhostRanger
smokeing pot? no

tobacco? yea

i dont smoke either fyi

That's a common misconception.

Not only does smoking pot destroy your brain, but smoking pot at the very minimum adds twice as much tar to your lungs than smoking cigarettes does.

smokeing pot? no

tobacco? yea

i dont smoke either fyi

Not only does smoking pot destroy your brain, but smoking pot at the very minimum adds twice as much tar to your lungs than smoking cigarettes does.

Yeah but people don't smoker 20 joints a day, unless you dan or rizla that is.

Guest GhostRanger

smokeing pot? no

tobacco? yea

i dont smoke either fyi

Notice I didn't say one joint is the equivalent to twice as much as one cigarette. I said smoking pot at minimum will add twice as much tar as smoking cigarettes- of course that takes into account the fact that people don't smoke pot as often as people smoke cigarettes.

"Your friend" wouldn't happen to be you now, would it?

Regardless, they need a kick up the backside and face the real facts.

lol no of course not. he says very few people ever actually get cancer from it, and other things like inhaling car pollution = 1 cigarette a day or soemthing :roll:

well i was just wondering... i've always heard how smoking destroys your lungs, introduces toxic chemicals, gets you addicted, etc., but my friend chain smokes and he says that it's not as bad as advertising says.. well my question is if so many people in japan smoke (like 50% or something while i lived there) then why do they have the highest life expectancy in the world?

Smoking doesent directly affect you, just complications from it.

Its not just if u smoke that affects your life expectency either, in Italy which has a really high life expectency too almost everyone there drinks a glass of wine a day and smokes a cigar. The oldest man living right now is more then 110 years old and he lives in Italy and smokes a cigar and drinks a glass of wine everyday. Your genetic make up has alot to do with it.

Another factor might be healthcare, if the country has good healthcare or not.

Also weather can determine it too, if there are all of floods, earthquakes, tsunamis, hurricanes, tornados, volcanos, ect... then oviously alot of people are going to die.

Another factor is war, if the country goes to war alot, then the soldiers are going to die.

Theres probably other things i dint mention too

supyonamesjosh wrote:

smokeing pot? no

tobacco? yea

i dont smoke either fyi

A joint is like smoking 10 cigarettes.

I would just like to point out here that its like smoking 10 cigarettes because theres no filter. Other then that reason I think that statistic is a bunch of bull. Because a cigarrete contains a hell of alot more harmful chemicals than a joint.

A joint is like smoking 10 cigarettes.

Thats just a load of rubbish. A joint has less tobacco than a rolley or cig. Wheres the evidence of this?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

smokeing pot? no

tobacco? yea

i dont smoke either fyi

*shakes fist*

thirdeyesig0tl.jpg

Dreaming of that face again

It's bright, and blue, and shimmering

Grinning wide

And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

smokeing pot? no

tobacco? yea

i dont smoke either fyi

*shakes fist*

Oh damn yeah sorry 40+ joints a day + 50 cans of irn bru.

I dare to challenge you, USA and Scandinavia (Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Iceland) have the best healthcare in the world

isnt it true you have to pay or they wont pick you up off the street?

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002