The strange voices in the ruins

frogspoons

Has anyone tried going up there in full ghostly and with the Shadow Sword? :o

That's exactly what Danqazmlp did (look at second post).

There are many weird things about the wildy, but this is one of the most curious ones :S

Has anyone tried going to the lava maze or the place littlebit southeast of rogue's castle? maybe you can find something there.

16185_s.gif

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always wondered if there was more to the skull scepter than just teleporting. "You feel there is great magical power at work here"? Teleporting isn't "great magical power!"

Has anyone been out to the ruins with the scepter from the stronghold of security? Maybe operating it there will do something different...

(Don't lose your scepter to a revenant! I tried it myself, but I'm not a member, so no voices.)

I don't think the devourer is anything related.

The devourer i believe is taken from rl egyptian mythology, where essentially, you would be brought to a room with anubis, osiris and a giant crocodile called the devourer.

Anubis would remove your heart, place it on a scale with a feather on the other side, and if your heart was pure, and thus less than a feather you would go to the afterlife, but if it was heavier, the crocodile would devour it.

Anyway, just searched the entire wilderness, and am looking for more clues. None yet, though i have some ideas.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

I'll be paying close attention to this thread and the one on the RSOF. This is very intriguing :shock:

Proud Fire Cape Owner March 9, 2007

Owner of 2/24 Capes of Achievement

Planet__X.png

newbankofrsyq0.gif

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade, then throw it in their faces and ask for the oranges you originally asked for.

strange voices he... i'm gonna check it out hmmm i remmber somthing yaknow the demon k'ril tsutsaroth ( the demon from god wars dungeon) mayby it could olso be him that distroyed the city or town cuz he was the big force of zamorak... there are lot's of beasts in runescape mayby a dragon or a goblin could did it but what it is it was a long time ago hmm but the demon tough is old and came from the god war time hmm and the devourer is the deserds problem not wildie.

i seee yooouuuuu! now it's time to kill yooouuuuu!

I found this in the lore page on RS homepage.

Amascut, The Devourer

There was a daughter also, Amascut, red-haired and handsome,

Though her balance was of a different kind.

While her sibling cared for the souls of the dead,

She would treat their bodies with the same respects,

Completing the circle of life, death and rebirth.

But her mind did warp as she saw her sibling's tribe,

Bringing death and destruction on the same whim as was her calling.

Vowing petty vengeance, she brought obliteration, both physical and spiritual,

And the children of the desert grew to fear her, for she had become

Monstrous. Twisted and fallen. Liar. Deceiver. Devourer.

Sumona anyone? Maybe Amascut is her real name.

I found this in the lore page on RS homepage.

Amascut, The Devourer

There was a daughter also, Amascut, red-haired and handsome,

Though her balance was of a different kind.

While her sibling cared for the souls of the dead,

She would treat their bodies with the same respects,

Completing the circle of life, death and rebirth.

But her mind did warp as she saw her sibling's tribe,

Bringing death and destruction on the same whim as was her calling.

Vowing petty vengeance, she brought obliteration, both physical and spiritual,

And the children of the desert grew to fear her, for she had become

Monstrous. Twisted and fallen. Liar. Deceiver. Devourer.

Sumona anyone? Maybe Amascut is her real name.

I already posted something of similar effect, she was the Goddess of Rebirth but the Mahjarrat, who followed Icthlarin at the time somehow drove her insane and she became the devourer

Edit - And Sumona/Jesmona is Amascut, she has to stick to her promise of aiding you, although she'll probably try to cook up some plot to try and kill us sometime later.

Dark_Jab.png

i don't think that the devourer have to do with this subject... i think more of a demon's work and normaly when a demon kill you your spirit remain on the world and suffer and i think still it's the work of the demon k'ril tsutsaroth or some other demon a new force a new power a new zamorakian demon... hmm i olso think the ghosts are not in this world but in a other demension and i think the fairy rings have olso a thing to do with it to go to the other demension and sooner or later you have to safe them i think...

i seee yooouuuuu! now it's time to kill yooouuuuu!

i really don't hear anything in the wildy

but when i killed a rev in the choas temple thingy it said in my chat box

"as you slay the beast it cries out in agony" or something of that sort

:ohnoes: :ohnoes:

I think it's the lost soul of a villager from the God War era. Some creature, probably Zaros's or Zamorak's, found their village and, pardon the pun, went to town on them. It then went on to consume their souls and, somehow, missed this guy's soul. Or maybe it just grazed him, making his ghost insane and unable to move past the day of destruction.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Very interesting.. I don't think it has anything to do with the Devourer, because she's too desert related...Maybe something to do with the Mahjarrat...speaking of which, does anyone know where Jagex got the idea for the Mahjarrat from? Because most ideas *are* loosely based off something else..

EDIT: I've been at the place a few minutes now, and got nothing. Going to stay a little long to try and get something....Do you think it's been removed the same way lumbridge diary stuff was removed?

EDIT2: Nvm...I was looking in the graveyard of shadows, not the ruins north of there where it happens. The few screenies of people talking to the invisible ghost there messed me up.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Oooh... creepy. I'm gonna go try that out. ::'

But... doesn't it always say that whenever you kill one? :-k

brainiacjr.png

brainiacjr.png 286/326 Quest Points

Now this might just be decoration but the only human skeleton in the ruins is inside the furnace room, hiding maybe? But got later killed, and the rest is remains of anciant beast as well as a skeleton with wings, wyrewatch?

Also, the only normal white skeleton thats near the place is one to the east, and it feels like the text is more frequent around that skeleton then on other places in the ruins. But this might just be me talking.

i'm gonna go talk to khazard again see if hes got anything interesting to say

anyone remember what Hazelmere said about you after the most recent gnome quest? We'll be going into the wilderness dressed like evil people but not actually evil. Khazard said that they were meeting in the north. I think this might be related

khazard armor did get an update dont forget

edit: Khazard says nothing new

edit: Nothing new from Hazelmere

edit: Ghost in goblin cave that replaces sword is not helpful

Tip.it's official Ninja

i dont know much about the history of rs that well, but maybe diggin in the ruins may do something. man this is exciting isnt it?

dallasc779.png

dallasc779.png

"The best of you comes from your heart, not the edge of your sword"

"After hearing that, i don't think bounty hunter is the perfect minigame for you.".

~Dallasc779~

been to both graveyards nothing, picked up all the skulls, nothing

I'm there right now world 46, if anyone cares to look with me, bring supplies as there tends to be a rev ork that shows up on occasion

Tip.it's official Ninja

ok, me and my friend chakra57879 wen to go look at the ruins and we were there for like 10-20 mins examining everything and what we found were lots of ancient beasts that look like spiders like someone else said the 1 human skeliton with a surprisingly white top skull and the rest of his/her bones are black. you can hear it up to lvl 31 wildi with just 'happens' to b the forest. also there was some armour on the ground so we think the battle was not fought not only outside the village but inside it as well. hope that helped at all

can you hear the holy mountains?

Oooh... creepy. I'm gonna go try that out. ::'

But... doesn't it always say that whenever you kill one? :-k

in the many many (4) times i have killed revs only the ork gave me the message... -.-