The strange voices in the ruins

frogspoons

hey guys i'm gonna go and check it out again, any1 wanna come along? i'll wait for like 10mins if any1 wants to join me in trying to look at it again just pm me or in runescape my name is 'koopa klan'

edit: sorry i forgot to put world its world 26

edit edit: meet me in grand exchange next to the underwall tunell and dont forget to bring ghost ammy

can you hear the holy mountains?

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got something slightly different when going out to those ruins.

"...save... is dying... have much... left...

...anyone...help...please...

...beast... life...me and... need help..

...devouring...soul...

...out there... need... is devouring...pain...stops...

...save...is dying... have much....left...

...devouring... soul...

...save is dying, have much... left..

...hurry..stuck... agony...death..

...hurry..stuck... agony...death...

...help... beast.. killing...family

...save... is dying... have much... left

...anyone...help...please..

someone please...pain.. away..."

Me and my brother (Sylor 0 and Sylor 1) are planning on going out to explore. Feel free to pm us or join my clan chat if you see us online. We'll probably be on world 99.

(I won't be out right away, I have some Real Life business to attend to.)

sylor_0.png

hey i found a skeli it said it is an ancient beast but it looks human enough with no extremites(well it has arms and legs but nothing extra)

edit: some of the skelitons i am closly examining and lots have 2 or 3 skulls(non pick up able) and only 1 human skeliton and 3 human looking skelitons

Interesting, kinda like when you're almost driven insane in the underground pass lol

By the way, on the subjects of skeletons, anyone else notice the skullcap of certain skeletons are a different color? e.g. white skeletons have grey, scorched skeletons are a darker shade of black. I dunno could be a graphical bug, but it striked me as odd

*edit* Also I've noticed there seems to be an increased number of skeletons lying about in dungeons since the HD update, as 4 new ones poped up in the green/black baby dragon chamber in the chaos tunnels. Could've been they were always there and I'm blind :geek:

lord_ducky15.png

This is very weird... I tried to decypher the message in the second post and this is what I came up with:

...Help us Beast slowly Killing my Family

...Beast taking Life out of Me and I Need help

Hurry Im Stuck in Agony, so close to Death

Please, Can anyone Hear me Help me, Beast Slowly Killing All

that is Out there. Need help, Is Devouring us, Stops=never

Someone please take the Pain Away

...Saviour Is Dying, dont Have much Left

...Anyone Help us please

beast Devouring our soul

I added words in not jumbled them up so yeah...

This is starting to scare me! :ohnoes:

My opinion-

Jagex, lacking ideas for new quests.

They put something new in the wilderness, something totally random, knowing that somebody will discover it, and bring it up on the RSOF. People voice their opinions on what they think it could be, then Jagex takes someones idea. 'Cause to be honest, I don't see how Jagex could let something like this "slip out."

Lol, really though..

We'd be better off waiting 'til July's Behind The Scenes, or 'til the update itself (assuming there will be one regarding this find.) You guys will drive yourselves mad about this, and even if Jagex did let this slip out accidentally, surely they didn't slip out the whole update. So chances are, there's a big aspect of this missing. :?

It is however an interesting topic, I'll be paying attention to both this topic, and the one on the RSOF.

Ps - This could also be like the wise old man robbing Draynor.. Or was there an actual quest to that? :?

cool_ice77.png

cool_ice77.png

I also decyphered the first half of the similar but different message that someone else received:

"Please save us, my family is dying, dont have much life left so

can anyone help us please, The

beast is taking our life especially me and my family, need help badly,

beast devouring our souls.

Something is out there and we need help, Beast is devouring us, the pain never stops.

Please save us, my family is dying, the dont have much life left.

Beast is devouring our soul.

Hurry, save me, My family is dying and dont have much life left.

My opinion-

Jagex, lacking ideas for new quests.

They put something new in the wilderness, something totally random, knowing that somebody will discover it, and bring it up on the RSOF. People voice their opinions on what they think it could be, then Jagex takes someones idea. 'Cause to be honest, I don't see how Jagex could let something like this "slip out."

Lol, really though..

We'd be better off waiting 'til July's Behind The Scenes, or 'til the update itself (assuming there will be one regarding this find.) You guys will drive yourselves mad about this, and even if Jagex did let this slip out accidentally, surely they didn't slip out the whole update. So chances are, there's a big aspect of this missing. :?

It is however an interesting topic, I'll be paying attention to both this topic, and the one on the RSOF.

Ps - This could also be like the wise old man robbing Draynor.. Or was there an actual quest to that? :?

this is mst likly scince we have been searching and there is nothing at all but the voice...

also about the voice what if it is more then 1 voice trying to say something

I dug in every building, every examinable rock and on all bones, and also used the spade on all rocks. I still have some ideas

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Assuming that the beast somehow eats souls, I did some research.

There's a limited number of "beasts" in classical mythology that can feed on souls:

Wraiths are just stereotypical undead that eat people's souls or emotions.

Succubi and incubi can consume souls, but they're not appropriate for a game played by little kids.

Energy Vampires are vampires that feed on energy or souls like normal vampires drink blood.

Interestingly enough, the three headed skeleton could be Cerberus by the gate. In Dante's Inferno, he had three human heads (like the skeleton). Dante's Inferno also lists that Cerberus devoured intruders who tried to pass and caused torment for the gluttonous souls he guarded. Dragons are also symbolically linked to gluttony, explaining the other skeletons. Even though everything matches up, I don't think this idea is plausible. If Cerberus was the skeleton, though, playing music (how?) or throwing earth or a cake at the skeleton (how?) might do something.

There is also Ezekiel 22:55, which links evil priests with devouring souls and destroying families, but I think its another wrong solution.

So I would guess that the beast is an energy vampire or a wraith. It could just be something random, though, if Jagex is unorthodox.

Seriously, though, has anyone tried using the "great magic" skull scepter there?

I really dont think Jagex let this slip, they probably released it before it was announced, to see if anyone could figure it out by themselves. in a previous post, someone said that it is confirmed that it is a mini quest, and that it is completable.

Well from what I've read so far in the thread all wildy has been looked arround with Ghostly robes and Ghostspeak ammy and the ring...

But has anyone tried looking outside the wildy?

I don't mean all arround Runescape, just keypoints like graveyards or even arround Sumona?

Edit:I always run out of membership when something cool is discovered ¬¬.

16185_s.gif

Um, while this thread is up..

Is there a quest about Postie pete and Noterazzo (the guy in the rogue's general store)?

I was doing a clue, and once saw them talking to each other in the general store about something. I forget what it was about now, but I remember it wasn't something like a casual conversation. :?

Then I walked in, and they stopped, and Postie teleported.

Maybe I was just extremely tired at the time, and imagining things, I have no idea. But, I remember it..

cool_ice77.png

cool_ice77.png

well like i said in previous posts, i did check so places not in wild.

check with khazards ghost, hazelmere, and the ghost that replaces the shadow sword, but none of them gave me any new information

gonna go check the digsite, the wilderness was Zaros' land afterall

edit: digsite seems to be a bust, gonna keep looking

Tip.it's official Ninja

To the guy who brought up Cerebus- I can actually see that working. Considering that we already have hellhounds in Runescape, this Cerebus could have been an exceptionally powerful hellhound that was a pet to Zamorak. Since the wilderness is Zamorak's land, he might have sent his pet to destroy the village shortly onsideringafter the God Wars.

I also think the Bible reference is plausible. Look at the ectofunctus; all those people became ghosts because they listened to an evil, lying priest. So what if the villagers had done the same, accepting the protection of a "priest" when he was, in fact, using a ploy to take their souls. Maybe this guy found out about it, but it was simply to late.

And, one last theory, since the ghost mentions his family, couldn't his family be the Mahjarrat? They are a tribe which is comprised of people loosely related. Maybe the whole devourer thing could be Zaros's corrupting effects on the souls of some of the Mahjarrat?

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

well i've done my research. The Wilderness was originally home to those who worshipped Zaros, and when Zaros faded from Runescape, Saradomin and Zamorak went to the wilderness and with the help of Bandos and Armadyl, wiped the alst remnants of Zaros from there.

I've have also found the important Zarosian locations

Ice Mountain

Canifis (around the pub area)

Edgeville

Graveyard of Shadows

Ice Plateau

Demonic Ruins

Ruins with the Anvil

Digsite

Those are all the ancient magic teleports

also the temple of Uzer was an important Zarosian city

The bandits still follow zaros as can be found out during dt as one of them gives you an ancient staff

I'm thinking that all of those places need to be checked, as well as talking to the bandits

I also think that we should locate bob because he is zaros. He provides three hints towards it.

Also, the godwars temple should be checked out as zaros was wiped out during it

also i think we should also check the temple of ikov because its where the staff of armadyll was found originally. Also check with lucien if he is still alive

ready, break

Tip.it's official Ninja

Man this is exciting! I love this kinda stuff, speculating etc. I personally think that the voice is a soul trapped here after a massacre long ago. The Devourer/Amascut/Sumona doesn't have anything to do with it tho... I really don't see that happen, she's a Desert God after all. The word 'devouring' can mean all sorts of things.

Just some questions: are the various skeletons visible in F2P? And how about the voices themselves? Thanks in advance.

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

Man this is exciting! I love this kinda stuff, speculating etc. I personally think that the voice is a soul trapped here after a massacre long ago. The Devourer/Amascut/Sumona doesn't have anything to do with it tho... I really don't see that happen, she's a Desert God after all. The word 'devouring' can mean all sorts of things.

Just some questions: are the various skeletons visible in F2P? And how about the voices themselves? Thanks in advance.

I think you're right. This is clearly a call for help, but it might be an echo of a moment during the godwars.

But what is the beast? What ever it is it has the ability to draw life energy, and is obviously powerful.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I took all the lists of words that the voices say, and took out all the repeats of phrases. I think this is all the voice says, it just repeats a lot, because I've been in those ruins for a while, and it hasn't said anything different.

PleaseCan Hear...Help..Slowly Killing...All...

hurry..stuck... agony...death

someone please...pain.. away...

...save... is dying... have much... left...

...anyone...help...please...

...beast... life...me and... need help..

...out there... need... is devouring...pain...stops...

...devouring... soul...

...help... beast.. killing...family...

Interestingly enough, the three headed skeleton could be Cerberus by the gate. In Dante's Inferno, he had three human heads (like the skeleton). Dante's Inferno also lists that Cerberus devoured intruders who tried to pass and caused torment for the gluttonous souls he guarded. Dragons are also symbolically linked to gluttony, explaining the other skeletons. Even though everything matches up, I don't think this idea is plausible. If Cerberus was the skeleton, though, playing music (how?) or throwing earth or a cake at the skeleton (how?) might do something.

You you play music with the lyre from Fremennik trials.

I'll go check that out now.

Edit:

Nevermind can't play it.

lady_cathyer.png

lady_cathyer.png