The strange voices in the ruins

frogspoons

ok every1 u know the caves north of the village? yea well what if they were bigger b4. and then what could have got out of them. 4 caves probably underground tunnels so i rekon more then 1 beast or 'devouror' my friend came up with this and said i could put it up

can you hear the holy mountains?

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man this is exciting! I love this kinda stuff, speculating etc. I personally think that the voice is a soul trapped here after a massacre long ago. The Devourer/Amascut/Sumona doesn't have anything to do with it tho... I really don't see that happen, she's a Desert God after all. The word 'devouring' can mean all sorts of things.

Just some questions: are the various skeletons visible in F2P? And how about the voices themselves? Thanks in advance.

Lol Amascut and the Devourer are the children of Ichtclairin (sp?). He is one of the Mahajarret; i.e. same thing as Zamorak and Zaros. If this does have to do with any god, it would most like be her or Zaros/Azzanadra. Although I think that this is mostly just a random thing (like the lvl 2 man in the forgotten cemetery. They have synonymous chats), if it does have to do with Zaros, I would be very happy ::'

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

Man this is exciting! I love this kinda stuff, speculating etc. I personally think that the voice is a soul trapped here after a massacre long ago. The Devourer/Amascut/Sumona doesn't have anything to do with it tho... I really don't see that happen, she's a Desert God after all. The word 'devouring' can mean all sorts of things.

Just some questions: are the various skeletons visible in F2P? And how about the voices themselves? Thanks in advance.

Lol Amascut and the Devourer are the children of Ichtclairin (sp?). He is one of the Mahajarret; i.e. same thing as Zamorak and Zaros. If this does have to do with any god, it would most like be her or Zaros/Azzanadra. Although I think that this is mostly just a random thing (like the lvl 2 man in the forgotten cemetery. They have synonymous chats), if it does have to do with Zaros, I would be very happy ::'

Okay... Let me point out the lies and mistakes in your last post: Amascut IS the Devourer, they're not seperate persons. Icthlarin ISN'T a Mahjarrat, and neither is Zaros. Furthermore, Azzanadra ISN'T a god, he IS a Mahjarrat. Thanks for your time.

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

This reminds me of the minigame "Wilderness Tag" which was never released do to something that i cant remember.

Im not sure if its related. (probably not)

Keep it up, i love reading about this. :lol:

It wasn't released because it wasn't fun. But that didn't stop Jagex from releasing Smithing and Mining... :lol:

Ok, i've tried just about everything.

Dug everywhere in ruins, explored every area of wildy, brought skull and bones from ruins to digsite people and museum people, searched everything searchable in the ruins, talked to reldo, and a lot more.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

alright well i think we may need to shift our focus a little bit here-

at 78 magic there is an ancient magic spell that takes you to this very graveyard. it is called "Dareeyak teleport"..

what "Dareeyak" means, is what we need to know, history is just throwing us off, and i am starting to doubt anything about the devourer, even though "devour" is mentioned several times

anybody have any idea on who i could ask for a discipher of Dareeyak?

-and a link to the rsof thread? :D

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

tisk tisk - :shame: i have already found several players on the rsof copying my decode, even though i encluded "laxatives" in one of the lines... very dissapointed that im not getting any credit for my work :'(

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

alright well i think we may need to shift our focus a little bit here-

at 78 magic there is an ancient magic spell that takes you to this very graveyard. it is called "Dareeyak teleport"..

what "Dareeyak" means, is what we need to know, history is just throwing us off, and i am starting to doubt anything about the devourer, even though "devour" is mentioned several times

anybody have any idea on who i could ask for a discipher of Dareeyak?

-and a link to the rsof thread? :D

Dareeyak was the name of the village which is now nothing more than ruins.

All the names of the tele spells on Ancients are the names of towns/cities and villages that were under the rule of Zaros.

The Staff of Ama(something) in Varrock Museum has been updated recently, may be a hint? Not sure if it's been mentioned here but it's been mentioned in this forum.

Could be involved possibly, maybe the 'devourer' is the Mahjarrat that's trying to get hold of the staff of Armadyl :lol:

Dark_Jab.png

Hm. Well I once played a game that had something kinda like this. Maybe by reading this someone will get an ideal of what could actually be happining with this ghost.

There was a huge and powerful beast. This beast devoured anything in its path. One day the beast devoured a small town, and afterwards the spirits still remained there. The people felt great sadness and hatred towards the beast, which is why they could not move on. One man tried to fight, but was killed. One woman tried with all of her might to protect her children, but in the end was devoured right along with them. Their souls were in pain. Their families, their friends, all were devoured.

Of course this doesnt really have anything to do with Runescape, but I thought that maybe this would give somebody a clue about whats going on.

I was on my way to examine this situation, but I died. ::'

I took all the lists of words that the voices say, and took out all the repeats of phrases. I think this is all the voice says, it just repeats a lot, because I've been in those ruins for a while, and it hasn't said anything different.

PleaseCan Hear...Help..Slowly Killing...All...

hurry..stuck... agony...death

someone please...pain.. away...

...save... is dying... have much... left...

...anyone...help...please...

...beast... life...me and... need help..

...out there... need... is devouring...pain...stops...

...devouring... soul...

...help... beast.. killing...family...

By taking out the repeats you have completly changed th emeaning of the message in an interesting way. Before it seemed to be a call for help against some great foe who was attacking the seeker and something the seeker cared about. But without the repeats, the speaker would seem to be trying to kill a family but is having great difficulty and needs more help to complete the deed. From this version I would guess that either the speaker failed, or more likely is still trying to deafeat this foe who is resisting him..

If the original message is the true one, I would guess that again, the fight may not have ever ended and the speaker is stuck in somesort of limbo. He is unwilling to give up his soul, but does not have the power to free himself so the speaker and attacker are currently stuck in a stale mate.

Another possibility is that this message is actualy not from the past. What if it were from the future, imprinted on the area with such force that the words trancend time and thus are heard both beofore and after the event. Rember on of the gnome quests, you had to talk to some wise gnome who saw our charecters future. He saw many people venture into the wild, but some did not return and I would propose that the voice may belong to one of those who never returned.

As for a quest of sorts, I think that this may not be a stating point but rather a trigger. Perhaps after hearing the voice there is something you must do elsewhere to start the adventure?

If Cerberus was the skeleton, though, playing music (how?) or throwing earth or a cake at the skeleton (how?) might do something.

You you play music with the lyre from Fremennik trials.

I'll go check that out now.

Edit:

Nevermind can't play it.

Throwing earth, maybe the mud pie ?

16185_s.gif

Um, while this thread is up..

Is there a quest about Postie pete and Noterazzo (the guy in the rogue's general store)?

I was doing a clue, and once saw them talking to each other in the general store about something. I forget what it was about now, but I remember it wasn't something like a casual conversation. :?

Then I walked in, and they stopped, and Postie teleported.

Maybe I was just extremely tired at the time, and imagining things, I have no idea. But, I remember it..

I talked to Pete there, he usally visits other "Petes" but I don't know why he Visits that guy.

Im bringing a Mud Pie and trying to throw it at it.

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

All those ancient beast skeletons are generics. They are all over the wilderness, but are much more concentrated here. there are many other three headed beast skeletons in the wilderness.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

I think you're right. This is clearly a call for help, but it might be an echo of a moment during the godwars.

But what is the beast? What ever it is it has the ability to draw life energy, and is obviously powerful.

ability to draw life energy? sounds a bit.. vamperic to me

actually what about a leech type thing, sea slugs perhaps? :lol: seems like the sea slugs are becomeing runescapes version of the knights templar irl (instant conspiricy just add water)

2e2f7zn.jpg1z5oswz.jpg14kktmv.png

2nhpyqv.jpg

sy9rti.jpg

It was so colourful, dudes, that it felt like my eyes were being massaged by marzipan fairies.

okay guys,after reading this whole thread,and visiting this place.This is what i have come up with.After reading stickys on the item leading and the clan wars stuff.I really think this is has somthing to do with clan wars,maybe a new boss for clans?or one of the new areas for clan wars?

I would love to hear more about this. ;) Ohh maybe it connected to the wildy part of edgeville duegon. my rs name is escaping 3ly and il be happy to go an explore wildy with anyone.:Dhttp://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hiideeenstuffap3.jpg take a look at my stupid idea. about this

Escaping_3ly.png

Did you ever thought of the following:

Maybe Jagex has not yet developed a content for this. They just placed a moaning ghost in the Wildy and watch the forums to see, what ideas players come up with and eventually develop one of them...

Some of you reported, the voice changed? Is it getting clearer with less "..." in between?

I dont think, the beast is to be immagined as a giant Demon, Dragon or Hellhound - remember, it devours their souls, not their bodies!

In the beginning of the thread someone said, these voices were like in the underground pass but i cant remember - what voices did i hear there?

You know how a J-mod supposedly posted that this was a complete-able mini-event...I looked a little on forums and saw no J-mod post on this. It's possible that I missed it but...I personally think the J-mod post is just a rumour. After reading everthing everyone has tried, I am POSITIVE this is either just something to make the wilde a little spookier, or a half-released new-mini quest or quest. I urge you not to beleive a J-mod has posted something on this unless you see the post.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

okay guys,after reading this whole thread,and visiting this place.This is what i have come up with.After reading stickys on the item leading and the clan wars stuff.I really think this is has somthing to do with clan wars,maybe a new boss for clans?or one of the new areas for clan wars?

I would love to hear more about this. ;) Ohh maybe it connected to the wildy part of edgeville duegon. my rs name is escaping 3ly and il be happy to go an explore wildy with anyone.:Dhttp://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hiideeenstuffap3.jpg take a look at my stupid idea. about this

----------------------------------------

A good theory but i don't think it is that demon he was used in family crest.

Speaking of demons i had a interesting theory from what i was reading somewhere else, zammy's boss in god wars has a three headed guard or something like that also theres the city in the desert thats the swamp now that was destroyed by the three headed zammy demon thing, and reports of people in the wildy said the bones appeared to be a 3 headed monster of some type.

bigdog6768.png

i think were looking to far... i still think it's the work of some kind off demon do not forget demons know magic and can mayby use a spell to devour spirts or mayby zaro's will come... but we must look more and don't over do it like that 1m kbds #-o what a joke... or say that bob is zaro's cuz hes somone difrend as the quest have bin told ( a tail of two cats) hes robert the strong... anyway it was strong evil and have to deal with lots of souls we will see next what jagex have to say... -.- hmm btw what do we have so far a speaking voice... somthing that eat souls and kill family's hmm and lot's of dead body's...

i seee yooouuuuu! now it's time to kill yooouuuuu!