The strange voices in the ruins

frogspoons

Come on, a quest in the Wilderness makes you think of a roast turkey at a happy family gathering? :lol:

Well, this quote directly from BTS does.

Spirit of Summer will require you to meet the young girl's family and prepare them for their first holiday in decades.

Seriously, the quest sounds lame compared to the messages.

anchormansigcomplete.png

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll love the new quest.

Also a girl... yeah but maybe not the cute girl we most know... maybe a DEAD girl that lost in this dimension(Ghost duh) that needs to go to the ghost world, where their parents are OR the girl is alive and she needs to be killed by the same thing that killed his fathers so she can go with them....

Im just giving ideas.

abc_king11.png

Max_P0w3r2.png

There's the small issue of a neighbour who's reluctant to let the family leave, but you've dealt with larger problems before, right? A charming adventure awaits, with a few surprises thrown in.

From BTS.

I think this 'neighbor' will be the beast in the voices, i think neighbor is used lightly, maybe he's in a cave near their home, or somewere not letting them leave their home and go on holiday.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

There's the small issue of a neighbour who's reluctant to let the family leave, but you've dealt with larger problems before, right? A charming adventure awaits, with a few surprises thrown in.

From BTS.

I think this 'neighbor' will be the beast in the voices, i think neighbor is used lightly, maybe he's in a cave near their home, or somewere not letting them leave their home and go on holiday.

Hmm there are some little caves by the dwarves not far =P~

Could be

Chaotix_kaos.png

chaotix_kaos.png

Keep reading this message ok?are u still reading it?if you are you wasted about 5 seconds of your life ;P

To those who complain that "a charming adventure" sounds too cutesy to relate to the scary ghost voices: could be a pun. This is Jagex, after all. Perhaps the quest gives lots of summoning charms as a reward? Or even a new way of gathering charms in the wilderness?

To those who complain that "a charming adventure" sounds too cutesy to relate to the scary ghost voices: could be a pun. This is Jagex, after all. Perhaps the quest gives lots of summoning charms as a reward? Or even a new way of gathering charms in the wilderness?

Jagex does love puns... but it's called Spirit of Summer :?:

Quest in the wild this month doesn't really sound like it fits.

CANE

Just to be different.

Think about it. A freaking Dragon Cane with a Dragonstone gem.

The spec will simply your character equiping a glove and beachslapping the enemy, who will break down and do the Cry emote for 10 seconds straight.

Jagex might have introduced the quest as "cute and harmless" in the way they put it, but we all know that nothing is "normal" in the wilderness.

My thoughts are, we are going to go to the realm where this family is, they want us to help kill the "not soo friendly neighbour" and when thats done, we get something cool.

I think jagex are playing with the words they used in bts as the neighbour isnt really one, the "neighbour" is just some beast that wont let them leave and go on their vacation to "The life after death". :P

I'd bet you 30k that Summer is the name of the girl you need to help out, and seeing as she's probably a ghost, could also be described as a 'spirit. Therefore, Spirit of Summer.

Duckie_Wins.png

I'd bet you 30k that Summer is the name of the girl you need to help out, and seeing as she's probably a ghost, could also be described as a 'spirit. Therefore, Spirit of Summer.

Ahhh your probably right

I smell soul runecrafting :ugeek:

I don't think so... If the soul rune altar is in another dimension, how could mages have crafted them before? Also, the ruins are pretty close to Bounty Hunter (= easy crafting for such a high rune).

They appear in the chatbox, but are you sure your in the right place?

I really hope this isn't a teaser, i know how long jagex takes to introduce things from teasers

*cough* Grand Exchange trapdoor *cough*

I bet it's just a decoration to the graveyard.

*cough* The eastern lands, the elf city *cough* Been way longer than GE trapdoor *cough*

Pasty.png

BINGO! We have a winner \'

I'm just interested on what the reward could be =P~

Maybe some xp?A cool new item?Access to a new place(this is my bet)?

Chaotix_kaos.png

chaotix_kaos.png

Keep reading this message ok?are u still reading it?if you are you wasted about 5 seconds of your life ;P

I don't think so... If the soul rune altar is in another dimension, how could mages have crafted them before? Also, the ruins are pretty close to Bounty Hunter (= easy crafting for such a high rune).

all the rune altars are in another dimension ;)

Level_up_boy.png

if you look on the world map the abyss is closer to a bank then the ruins are to bh, so even if the soul altar was there it would (probably) be faster to use abyss.

Nagrom_17.png

Doing random stuff on runescape. Always happy to have a random conversation, just pm me.

It looks like a puke covered dragon face that is screaming
Thanks Unoalexi for my awesome avatar!

Ok so i was cruising around on runescape wikia and i found a mention of another realm! The "Shadow Realm"

The Shadow Realm is mentioned only in the Shadow Sword miniquest. During the miniquest, it is said that the Shadow Realm is a dimension in which the dead continue begin a new life, although the exact meaning of this is unclear. Whether or not all of the dead travel to this dimension is also unknown.