The strange voices in the ruins

frogspoons

Hmm, can someone link me to the thread on the rsof you're all reading, or at least just tell me the title?

The world will remember 9/11. The rants forum will remember 1/15.

Refering entirely of course to the runescape website's public rants forum. ~ÃÆÃâÃâ¹Ãâbligatto

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's something like "strange voises in ruins" or something. You can always search for like voises and wilderness in the search function on the forum. I think there is a thread with like 58 pages about this on rsof, i think the name was something like "new zaros mini-quest?!?" in the recent updates.

I heard on rsof something about a arrow shaped rock pointing to a food troth, but im sure its nothing secial about that.

Question: Do rev orks say something about revenge when you kill them and did they always say that?

CANE

Just to be different.

Think about it. A freaking Dragon Cane with a Dragonstone gem.

The spec will simply your character equiping a glove and beachslapping the enemy, who will break down and do the Cry emote for 10 seconds straight.

Ok I may be wayyyyyyy off, but i did some research, simple really based on a previous post about "Dareeyak."

Runescape Wiki on Dareeyak:

Dareeyak was one of Zaros's fortresses that resided in the area that is know as the wilderness. It was destroyed during the Third Age, an age also now known simply as the God Wars. The fortresses' demise came about when Zaros's loyal soldiers were destroyed by followers of Zamorak (most of whom were betrayers of Zaros) as well as by Saradomite forces.

The remnants of Dareeyak, now know simply as the Ruins, lie to the west of a bandit camp located in the 23rd level of wilderness

Ok we know what happened there in general..... This has to be relevant to this quest/mini quest? If it's not we should assume, this isn't the starting point at all.

I'm sure talking to him first will unlock something with a different NPC as well, only time will tell I guess O_o

Also Annakarl teleport in Ancient Magicks is the site of the "Demonic Ruins" could have some connection to the demons taking the fortresses over, at least demons working for zamorak.

Does anyone remember when the wilderness signs were updated to say beware of the beast? Could it be the same beast related to the ruins or is it chaos ele or kbd?

CANE

Just to be different.

The spec will simply your character equiping a glove and beachslapping the enemy, who will break down and do the Cry emote for 10 seconds straight.

Does anyone remember when the wilderness signs were updated to say beware of the beast? Could it be the same beast related to the ruins or is it chaos ele or kbd?

I believe it was the chaos elemental. I also remember that "Beware of stray lava" sign as well. Even though there was none?...

Maybe it's a future quest/mini-quest/quest area. Jagex really doesn't have too many quests that send you into the wilderness. Maybe they're adding another now that all we have to deal with are revenants. :?

I believe it was the chaos elemental. I also remember that "Beware of stray lava" sign as well. Even though there was none?...

Maybe it's a future quest/mini-quest/quest area. Jagex really doesn't have too many quests that send you into the wilderness. Maybe they're adding another now that all we have to deal with are revenants. :?

I can't seem to find the reference of chaos ele to the signs on knowledge base. Could you link me or post path>?

CANE

Just to be different.

I don't think there is one hehe. But, I believe the little "Icon" thing on the sign look like a messed up blob thing.

Are the signs still there? Maybe I was imagining it.

Hmm. :wall:

Right, I've had a look at the signs:

2zghlhv.jpg

The the chaos elemental may be the beast referred to. However, it just doesn't seem likely to me.

Still it's interesting.

CANE

Just to be different.

Maybe that sign is referring to Tech n9ne's single "the beast"?

watch out for midwestern rappers.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

Ok I may be wayyyyyyy off, but i did some research, simple really based on a previous post about "Dareeyak."

Dareeyak was one of Zaros's fortresses that resided in the area that is know as the wilderness. It was destroyed during the Third Age, an age also now known simply as the God Wars. The fortresses' demise came about when Zaros's loyal soldiers were destroyed by followers of Zamorak (most of whom were betrayers of Zaros) as well as by Saradomite forces.

The remnants of Dareeyak, now know simply as the Ruins, lie to the west of a bandit camp located in the 23rd level of wilderness

Ok we know what happened there in general..... This has to be relevant to this quest/mini quest? If it's not we should assume, this isn't the starting point at all.

I'm sure talking to him first will unlock something with a different NPC as well, only time will tell I guess O_o

Also Annakarl teleport in Ancient Magicks is the site of the "Demonic Ruins" could have some connection to the demons taking the fortresses over, at least demons working for zamorak.

=D> bravo on your first post, and welcome to the tip.it forums. thank you for doing some research on the topic i brought up. this is currently the best lead we have, considering some players actually think that examining bones will do anything (lol)

as for your opinionated post, i'd have to agree that we shouldn't start assuming, however there is obviously more to this than meet the eye, or err.. ear? i doubt this has anything to do with the actual godwars dungeon but more with the godwars era (third age)- an earlier post said they had talked to many people across runescape to no avail, however,

i beleive that there is another hidden update among us

thank you. please hold your applause

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

Definitely harder to uncover than other two mini quests. If it even is a miniquest. My days I wish a J mod would drop a hint on rsof lol.

CANE

Just to be different.

[hide=]

=D> bravo on your first post, and welcome to the tip.it forums. thank you for doing some research on the topic i brought up. this is currently the best lead we have, considering some players actually think that examining bones will do anything (lol)

as for your opinionated post, i'd have to agree that we shouldn't start assuming, however there is obviously more to this than meet the eye, or err.. ear? i doubt this has anything to do with the actual godwars dungeon but more with the godwars era (third age)- an earlier post said they had talked to many people across runescape to no avail, however,

i beleive that there is another hidden update among us

thank you. please hold your applause[/hide]

Another one? please explain?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Another one? please explain?

Shadow sword wasn't explained or mentioned, it was just discovered, he means it's something like that.

The world will remember 9/11. The rants forum will remember 1/15.

Refering entirely of course to the runescape website's public rants forum. ~ÃÆÃâÃâ¹Ãâbligatto

Quick find code: 15-16-68-57083662 First Page

FOUND A POST BY A JMOD INQUIRING THE NEW RUNESCAPE BANNER, MIGHT HAVE SOME RELATION TO THIS!! I'm wondering if I should make a new thread or keep it in this one.

Mod Mark H

Jagex Mod

03-Jul-2008 21:02:05

Dun dun duuuuun! :o

What is that mysterious staff the human is wielding, what cape is that on his back?

Is that dragon Elvarg or perhaps "mommy" had a darling child growing up somewhere before some nasty player slayed her...

Maybe I am just making things up to distract you from me stealing all your gold...

You'll just have to wait and see.

~ MMH ~

Maybe he is hinting at that so called sailing skill? And maybe the Staff of Armadyl?!

Haha finally jagex has given us a hint! :lol:

Dragon Slayer pt 2? Who knows.

what i am trying to say, is that jagex has dropped another hidden update somewhere that nobody has realized, or connected yet.

so, in other words, we're pretty much on a fishing expedition here. every clue turns to a dead end, what i'm trying to say that we need to start thinking outside of the box, there must be a clue SOMEWHERE ELSE in runescape.. dare i say it; we might have to use our brains :ohnoes:

- as the post before me said.. the jagex mod obviously realized how complicated this whole new, mini-quest(lets hope), is. there is almost definatly a connection between these voices, the dragons, and the staff.

where it is nothing or the start of the mini quest it is fun to hear the theories and stuff floating around. On a theory or clue note to this, is there anything about the ghost ship that could help us that is in the upper wildy by the volcano. This makes me want to get meber back to check out this cool stuff.

bigdog6768.png