The strange voices in the ruins

frogspoons

Our final update this month will be a first for RuneScape: a Wilderness quest. You'd be forgiven for thinking that means relentless combat, stark landscapes and the odd revenant sending you back to Lumbridge (to complete some Achievement Diary tasks, perhaps?); rather unusually, it centres on a small girl, who will have other ideas.

Beginning in the Wilderness but then moving to a parallel realm, Spirit of Summer will require you to meet the young girl's family and prepare them for their first holiday in decades. There's the small issue of a neighbour who's reluctant to let the family leave, but you've dealt with larger problems before, right? A charming adventure awaits, with a few surprises thrown in.

I guess our mystery is solved, eh? A wilderness quest. Sounds exciting. I'm eager to learn more about a lot of the things in the wilderness that are undocumented, such as these ruins. I'm also curious about that shipwreck at the volcano, but that's a story for another time. ::'

Forget Lumbridge. We need a Wilderness Achievement Diary! :pray:

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i went to the library in varrock and couldnt find any new books, i went through all the bookcases in edgeville as well as the monestary. Zilch. Anyone remember anything about a beast in the wild from any quests? Maybe it involves that dark squall guy?
Well, you do remember the Wilderness was a great battle zone in the Godwars... Very possible the town was destroyed in the Godwars. Now, the demonic ruins? Sounds like Zaros or Zamorak. Possibly one of them.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

The description in BTS of the Wilderness quest really doesn't seem to match these voices. Jagex says "A charming adventure awaits" and stuff like that. If the voices are concluded with a quest where I help make a turkey for a long-dead girl's family's holiday, I'm going to be -PO'd-.

Messages like "Devour... Soul..." call for something more epic than a lame quest like that.

Rawr.

=ZF

anchormansigcomplete.png

The description in BTS of the Wilderness quest really doesn't seem to match these voices. Jagex says "A charming adventure awaits" and stuff like that. If the voices are concluded with a quest where I help make a turkey for a long-dead girl's family's holiday, I'm going to be -PO'd-.

Messages like "Devour... Soul..." call for something more epic than a lame quest like that.

Rawr.

=ZF

You're going to meet the girl's family. As in, "...Help...Beast...Killing...Family". The parallel realm explains where the voice is coming from. And the "neighbor who's reluctant to let the family leave" is clearly the beast the voice mentioned. And if they've been trapped for a long time in some kind of hell with their souls being slowly devoured, then it would certainly be their first holiday in decades if you got them out.

Come on, a quest in the Wilderness makes you think of a roast turkey at a happy family gathering? :lol:

I think that the voices have something to do with the new "Wilderness Quest" coming out later this month. Either you would have to help the ghost, or maybe put him out of his misery...

Of course, there could be multiple parts to this quest, so the ghost might have to do with a later part of this quest...

ae84735921.png

Porsche: It's supposed to go in the rear.

Hi I was thinking about this thing last night (before I realized that Runescape confirmed the fact that there IS a Wilderness Quest coming) I was thinking... someone mentioned the fact that a J mod had said it was a in fact a fully completable mini event....did anyone wonder if it was the shadow robes mini event they were talking about? Idk... it probably is that new quest but it is something to consider.

Well, as I was in the wilderness by the ruins, i spotted that there where some creepy skeletons and skulls. The voices seemed to come from around this area. I looked closely at the skeletons, and i realized something...

This skeleton seem to be able to sit up even though its dead. The other skeleton is lying flay, so shouldn't the white skeleton do so to?

voice1new.jpg

These skeletons have 2 heads, and that's what the voice said when i took the picture.

voice2new.jpg

This skeleton has 3 heads, and that's what the voice said when i took the picture.

voice3new.jpg

lucario.jpg

2w30t2a.png

beethovens29.png

Well, as I was in the wilderness by the ruins, i spotted that there where some creepy skeletons and skulls. The voices seemed to come from around this area. I looked closely at the skeletons, and i realized something...

This skeleton seem to be able to sit up even though its dead. The other skeleton is lying flay, so shouldn't the white skeleton do so to?

voice1new.jpg

These skeletons have 2 heads, and that's what the voice said when i took the picture.

voice2new.jpg

This skeleton has 3 heads, and that's what the voice said when i took the picture.

voice3new.jpg

about the skeleton sitting up, that is just a minor error on skeleton placement. the skeleton is sitting up because it is meant to be leaning against a wall. and its white while the others are black because its not a custom skeleton that is meant for only those ruins/other burnt places.

Nagrom_17.png

Doing random stuff on runescape. Always happy to have a random conversation, just pm me.

It looks like a puke covered dragon face that is screaming
Thanks Unoalexi for my awesome avatar!

I've noticed odd things about the skeletons. Some of them appear to be humanoids, but also seem to have wings (no picture, sorry). It's pretty small though...

I think I've seen a couple mentions of 3-headed skeletons found there... When I went to take a look, I found a few skeletons that looks like they have 2 heads, but not 3. Not that it matters that much. =p

Also the sign has been mentioned, which seems to picture the Chaos Elemental and says something like Beware of the Beast or whatever. It's interesting how all the messages also refer to the "Beast."

Maybe the large amount of Red Spiders has to do with something? It's a stretch, but there -are- a lot of spiders there.

50827560eu1.pngThree headed monster - taken at the ghost ruins south of clan wars lobby. I've also seen humanoid skeletons with wings. (at the voice ruins)

If this is a parallel universe, what could the beast be? When is it parallel to? And I think the amount of Spiders is becuase of the fact that spiders always seem to live in places like that :P

It's so intruiging!

I found something when I talked with the oracle, maybe someone should try digging. oracle.jpg

ye was thinking about that to , but can't test it , as i'm f2p atm

anny1 dig pleas?

ffvsiefh7.gif

What-the-deuce.jpg

Signature by Littleboy

Runescape and impatient people are like ying and yang, they exist as one, they need each other

I found something when I talked with the oracle, maybe someone should try digging. oracle.jpg

ye was thinking about that to , but can't test it , as i'm f2p atm

anny1 dig pleas?

I get the feeling it's not literal.

Follow me on Twitter!

FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.

gravy.png

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.

Ok. I personally have dug on every square in the ruins, and around them in the woods

STOP ASKING PEOPLE TO DIG!

The three headed skeleton is a generic skeleton. They are in other places in the wilderness.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

not there for f2p in standard detail

went with bone sceptre and ghostspeak

btw were shade robes removed?

34sny53.png

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Our final update this month will be a first for RuneScape: a Wilderness quest. You'd be forgiven for thinking that means relentless combat, stark landscapes and the odd revenant sending you back to Lumbridge (to complete some Achievement Diary tasks, perhaps?); rather unusually, it centres on a small girl, who will have other ideas.

Beginning in the Wilderness but then moving to a parallel realm, Spirit of Summer will require you to meet the young girl's family and prepare them for their first holiday in decades. There's the small issue of a neighbour who's reluctant to let the family leave, but you've dealt with larger problems before, right? A charming adventure awaits, with a few surprises thrown in.

This is from the Behind the Scenes July on the Runescape website. I think that chances are this is a teaser for the new quest, or possibly a miniquest that comes after it. I doubt that there is much more to be found out by guessing or looking around until the quest is released.

The other possibility (that it was just decoration) does not seem very likely because, as some people have mentioned, this is only visible in P2P.

Edit: No, shade robes have not been removed....

Y2k949sSiggy.jpg

I have seen the truth, and it makes no sense.

I should probably change my signature...

Meh, tommorrow....

My god i hope so but I'm even more excited about tabbed banking. Probably something I shouldn't say as creator of this thread lol.

CANE

Just to be different.

Think about it. A freaking Dragon Cane with a Dragonstone gem.

The spec will simply your character equiping a glove and beachslapping the enemy, who will break down and do the Cry emote for 10 seconds straight.

Yea, looks totaly awesome!

(And I'm allowed to go off topic 'cause you started it :lol: )

Y2k949sSiggy.jpg

I have seen the truth, and it makes no sense.

I should probably change my signature...

Meh, tommorrow....

Related with Wilderness quest for sure 8-)

If it is I wonder what type of monster we gonna fight :ohnoes:

Sharks and super sets at the ready ;) ?

Edit: Hmm maybe the devourer were the spiders?The ruins are filled with them

Chaotix_kaos.png

chaotix_kaos.png

Keep reading this message ok?are u still reading it?if you are you wasted about 5 seconds of your life ;P

I've dug

I've brought visibility, ghost speak full ghosty and shadow sword

I've picked up all skulls and bones

I've tried combining them

I've been through the entire wilderness with ring and ammy and ghosty

I've been to every red spider location

I've been through the Chaos Tunnels

I've checked the Lumby graveyard and all the new npcs there

I've killed multiple revenants

I've been to gwd dungeon to check door

I've went all through gwd with visibility

I've been through the majority of runescape with visibility

I've been to the kbd

I've been to underground wildy

I've gone to library to try and find books

I've gone through all of edgeville as well as all the book shelves

I've been to the Monestary

I've talked Lucien

I've tried to reclaim the Armadyl Staff

I've talked to Khazard's Ghost

I've talked to the ghost who replaces the shadow sword

All of these tasks were performed with visibility

Whatever is going on there, it hasn't been released as of this post. I would bet money on it

Tip.it's official Ninja

Bob is Robert the strong..or maybe that's just what he wants us to think... lol

------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, like I said before, I'm kind of a noob here so forgive me for asking this but...

WHO THE HELL IS ROBERT THE STRONG, AND WHAT QUEST IN HELL IS HE FROM!?!?

warrior who fought against the dragon kin. Tail of two cats quest.

CANE

Just to be different.

Think about it. A freaking Dragon Cane with a Dragonstone gem.

The spec will simply your character equiping a glove and beachslapping the enemy, who will break down and do the Cry emote for 10 seconds straight.

troacctid and Y2k949 got it, it must have to do with the new quest. But what exactly? A parallel realm? could that be the shadow plane, scaperune, the place where mahijit come from (forgot the name..) or some place we have never heard of before?

and could the girl be a ghost who is making these noises?

(the shadow plane was mentioned by general kahazard, and seems to be in the same realm as Gielinor, but since you need a ghostspeak amulet that seems plausible)

2imak3l.png