Newest Scam

SHIPPOU

this is pretty much the "Niagra Scam", exept this is a new version.

The U.K National Online Lottery

The National Lottery

P O Box 1010 Liverpool,

L70 1NL UNITED KINGDOM

(Customer Services)

Ref: UK/9420X2/68

Batch: 074/05/ZY369

WINNING NOTIFICATION:

We happily announce to you that you are a winner of the Draw 984 of the UK NATIONAL LOTTERY, Online Sweepstakes International program held on Sat 28 May 05. Your e-mail address attached to ticket number: 56475600545188 with Serial number 5368/02 drew the lucky numbers:10 - 16 - 21 - 24 - 34 - 46 (bonus no.30), which subsequently won you the lottery in the 2nd category i.e match 5 plus bonus.

You have therefore been approved to claim a total sum of ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã122,479(One hundred and twenty-two thousand,four hundred and seventy-nine pounds sterling) in cash credited to file KTU/9023118308/03.This is from a total cash prize of ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã1,837,185 shared amongst the (15) lucky winners in this category i.e Match 5 plus bonus.

All participants for the online version were selected randomly from World Wide Web sites through computer draw system and extracted from over 100,000 unions, associations, and corporate bodies that are listed online.

This promotion takes place weekly. Please note that your lucky winning number falls within our European booklet representative office in England as indicated in your play coupon. In view of this, your ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã122,479(One hundred and twenty-two thousand,four hundred and seventy-nine pounds sterling) would be released to you by any of our affiliated security/courier companies in England. Our Fiduciary agent will immediately commence the process to facilitate the release of your funds as soon as you contact him. For security reasons, you are advised to keep your winning information confidential till your claims is processed and your money remitted to you in whatever manner you deem fit to claim your prize. This is part of our precautionary measure to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program. Please be warned.

To file for your claim, please contact our uk online fiduciary agent with your full name and draw number(i.e 984)

Name:- Mr Howard Splinter,

Email: [email protected]

You can also go to our online result site to confirm the value of your winnings and also get a prize breakdown:- http://www.national-lottery.co.uk/playe ... results.do

Goodluck from me and members of staff of the UK NATIONAL LOTTERY.

Yours faithfully,

Richard K. Lloyd.

Online coordinator for

UK NATIONAL LOTTERY

Sweepstakes International Program.

One of the old guard of RS.

RS birthday = Feb - 27 - 2002

Proud member of the original forum.

Lol Shippou I haven't seen you for a long time! Anyways I don't get the scam... I see that the email is hot mail and no self respecting lottery person thingy would use hotmail!

This isnt a new scam at all. These kind of things have been around since before the internet except instead of via email its via fax.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

i dont see the point of it.....

does it get info..... money....

whats the point of this scam?

Its just the initial contact email for an advanced fee fraud. If you emailed back youd get more info undoubtedly telling you that you need to pay money to release the winnings.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

i dont see the point of it.....

does it get info..... money....

whats the point of this scam?

Its just the initial contact email for an advanced fee fraud. If you emailed back youd get more info undoubtedly telling you that you need to pay money to release the winnings.

thought so but i thought they would have posted the following sheet to clarify it

ty

:D :D :D

Aussie Aussie Aussie,

:D

The thing is that sometimes these scammers are just too stupid. Once I just out of boredom emailed them back, they said I must pay an advance fee of $4600 and after that my funds will be processed.

I replied back and told him I'm a poor matwasher from Cuba and I can't afford it but maybe I could ask my parents for a loan to collect the 'magnificent prize' (the actual email was longer though). Then I emailed him back, asking him to send me $20 via western union for a bus trip to my parents' home. Guess what: The sucker actually sent me $20 along with a postcard saying "Happy holidays".

Later on I found out this is an entire section of art on the internet called '419', the art of scamming scammers. It's amazing how dumb some people can be. I donated the $20 to a children's hospital charity.

The thing is that sometimes these scammers are just too stupid. Once I just out of boredom emailed them back, they said I must pay an advance fee of $4600 and after that my funds will be processed.

I replied back and told him I'm a poor matwasher from Cuba and I can't afford it but maybe I could ask my parents for a loan to collect the 'magnificent prize' (the actual email was longer though). Then I emailed him back, asking him to send me $20 via western union for a bus trip to my parents' home. Guess what: The sucker actually sent me $20 along with a postcard saying "Happy holidays".

Later on I found out this is an entire section of art on the internet called '419', the art of scamming scammers. It's amazing how dumb some people can be. I donated the $20 to a children's hospital charity.

lol thats really really funny. reminds me of all the bs i give to telemarketers like, "oh the cops were lookin for him yesterday" or "she died"

Lol Shippou I haven't seen you for a long time! Anyways I don't get the scam... I see that the email is hot mail and no self respecting lottery person thingy would use hotmail!

they will ask for a "transaction fee" to transfer the money to your bank. They take the "fee" and and leave you with less $$$ than before.

One of the old guard of RS.

RS birthday = Feb - 27 - 2002

Proud member of the original forum.

http://www.419eater.com a vast site of scammers getting owned :D

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

This isnt a new scam at all. These kind of things have been around since before the internet except instead of via email its via fax.

Yeah my grandfather said he got one of these kinds of scams via fax years back... :lol:

A company with a hotmail-adress as their correspondation-adress is never to be taken seriously.

signaturebq4.jpg

Member of #darkwebz.

www.419eater.com a vast site of scammers getting owned :D

That's fantastic, Merc..

One guy scammed a scammer out of $718! Hilarious!

I see the sarcasm, but it is kind of amusing...

Anyhow, I thought this topic was about PGP Coder...as it's been around on the news of late. Pretty interesting virus to say the least, locks your files, have to pay $200 to unlock, and it was just a simple form of the virus. I have a good article on it, but you have to be registered on thestar.com :x

signaturecj5.jpg

i wish i could do that :(

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/av ... coder.html

Mmm interesting. I dont think that this is too big a threat for the future however. Wherever payment changes hands there is a paper trail. Its too ricky for a virus writer, it would be very easy for authorities to find him/her.

Aparently it uses a Windows/IE exploit to install the virus so be sure you all have patched PC's

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi