Signatures Confusion... (Read... It ain't what you think.)

Hello, everyone...

I've been noticing a number of signatures recently in the forums that are taking on a center alignment, instead of a left alignment. I am both curious and confused, how is this happening? :-s

~D. V. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Center tags

[center]text here[/center]

text here

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

In most cases the right align is extremely annoying to look at, or even see. Though if your creative with it, it's quite nice to see, but shuffling the entire signature to one side just hurts the eyes like posting all in one colour.

The centre tag is a great addition for guides, and other things like long posts, or better format of stickied topics. Quite useful.

I just think Tip.It needs to form some rules around the right and centre align tags.

I also think we need some rules for this... TBH I don't like seeing centred/right aligned signatures at all, in fact I think they're really annoying because they make the posts look really messy. No, it's not really a big issue, but I'd like to see a rule that only allows people to have a small part of their signature centred and not the whole thing, and I'd also like one that doesn't allow signatures that are aligned to the right simply because it's confusing and annoying when reading posts (at least, to me).

penguin.gif

pixel avvy by me deviantART

yeah, i think there're a lot of new features on phpbb3. I dont think you could have done this with phpbb2.

also

[right]text here[/right]

text here

Yeah, you can't do this in PHPbb2 (even though I still think IPB is better ::' )

Join the LawGivers today!

MSSW4TI.png

I wish misplacedme would come out of retirement for his last MSSW.

Kaphias & Jimmyw3000, thank you both for your kind and expedient responses. I appreciate them very much, as this removes any and all confusion I had before and gives me the ability to understand what happened. :thumbsup:

BTW... sorry I'm about 13 days late replying... Offline life = pain in my [bleep] ... :oops:

~D. V. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)